Are we literally living in 1984 right now?

Are we literally living in 1984 right now?

Is it literally impossible to avoid being monitored in some capacity without living in a 3rd world shithole?

Attached: 1984_by_alcook-d4z39dh.jpg (1408x2142, 1.11M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oI21dL0qGrI
youtube.com/watch?v=m6Ybkd_beUU
youtube.com/watch?v=2X-2d4COiKs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Are we literally living in 1984 right now?
>literally
No

>Is it literally impossible to avoid being monitored in some capacity without living in a 3rd world shithole?
No, it's not impossible. Just disconnect.

Also, despite racist memes about jews and globalists and new world orders, there is a significant difference between corporations tracking you and profiling you to create ads and a government trying to keep its population in line.

>inb4 prism and corporations being in bed with government

1. yes
2. the information they can gather on you isn't necessary useful information. until you fit a pattern your information is anonymous and meaningless to the system. Someone would need a reason to search for you first.

There is a significant difference. But there is no reason why a corporation should own the data personal data of someone else.

There is also no reason why people cannot have their data to be scrubbed from company databases.

okay winston maybe you're fucking some bitch as a protest so i'm getting nothing. not 1984 for me

Britain is literally a police state, so yes, the bongs are living under that kind of surveillance. You can't even post on twitter without twitter alerting some sort of 'community officer' or whatever they call them.

I really feel bad for the English. Check out this guys channel.
youtube.com/watch?v=oI21dL0qGrI

>But there is no reason why a corporation should own the data personal data of someone else.
I agree that it's not a good thing.

>There is also no reason why people cannot have their data to be scrubbed from company databases.
They can if you live in EU. You can demand to both know what a company have on you in their records, and to have it deleted maximum 2-5 years after your relationship with them ended.

>really feel bad for the English
Don't, they did this to themselves.

>Are we literally living in 1984 right now?
No. But we're quickly approaching Brave New World.

Simple steps to avoid the botnet in oreder to stay secure and maintain your personal privacy:
>start paying for most small items in cash
>don't connect real cards to online accounts (use pre-paid cards instead)
>don't carry a smartphone at all (hardest one for most people)
>get a flip phone, remove the battery when you want true privacy
>install any Linux distro on laptops/desktops except Ubuntu (Amazon spyware)
>set browser to never remember history, logins, or cookies
>buy a fucking Jow Forums pass to avoid Jewgle botnet

Super duper tinfoil hat bonus round:
>buy compatible laptop and flash Coreboot
>strip IME and TXE firmware with me_cleaner
>take apart flip phone and remove cameras
>optionally remove microphones as well and take calls with earbuds
>remove all webcams and microphones in laptops/desktops too

This kills the CIA niggers.

Attached: 1539285960103.jpg (327x346, 62K)

Aren't you just delaying the inevitable though?

Maybe. But I'm not about to bend over and take it like a bitch in the meantime.

>don't carry a smartphone
>get a flip phone
Placebo. You know jack shit about what your flip phone does either. What's the difference?

>set browser to never remember history, logins, or cookies
The other side is tracking you anyhow, this virtually doesn't help. All you'll generally do is forget your logins and not have your own browser history.

Better just use Firejail on Linux to make an effort to isolate software from accessing each other's data when it doesn't have to and keep all your features.

Unfortunately I don't live in Europe :(

also if you are really paranoid of people snooping you should consider setting up dummy facebook/twitter accounts, fill them with some normie shit, link them and then just leave them. theoretically it would be more suspicious not having them than having but not using them

It's kind of sad really. Britain was the ocean, a massive wave on the rest of the world, spreading itself onto the beaches of shitholes. Then as the empire retracts, the water goes back and drags all the garbage with it.
Sad.

>get a flip phone
Will still track your location and potentially listen in on conversations.

>Also, despite racist memes about jews and globalists and new world orders, there is a significant difference between corporations tracking you and profiling you to create ads and a government trying to keep its population in line.
Those corparations then share all their stalker data with big brother so what difference does it make? Just knowing they are watching has a panopticon effect.

You forgot: Don't drive a car or motorbike.

FAR, FAR bigger tracking risk than having a camera in your phone.

After years of being aware of the shitty botnet surveillance that we are all subjected to (even enjoying how Google fit learned to tell the difference between a walk, a car ride and a bike training session to track my activity) I'm beginning to get paranoid as fuck. Where should I begin to debotnet my life? Will I become a social outcast and end up like Terry?

Attached: Cream_Gravy.png (600x764, 265K)

>You know jack shit about what your flip phone does either. What's the difference?
Most flip phones have a removable battery, and taking it out means the tracking is 100% shut off. I've heard rumors that phones could be listening to you when they're powered off. Knowing what I know about the modems and baseband software it's definitely technologically feasible. Removing the battery leaves no room for doubt. Flip phones also run incredibly simple firmware, so there's no Google services or other spyware there to skim your data as far as I can tell. Cost is another factor. They're like $30 so you can abuse the shit out of them and even buy a new one once a month for extra privacy all while feeling zero pain in your wallet.

>The other side is tracking you anyhow, this virtually doesn't help.
Cookies are one of the big ways you're tracked and identified by a lot of sites. Clearing them between browser sessions does help more than you think.

>All you'll generally do is forget your logins and not have your own browser history.
Make bookmarks if a site is that important to you. If you're too much of a brainlet to memorize logins you can write them down, or even keep them all in a physical password manager that's not networked and encrypts them for you.

Not if you pull the battery.

We aren't quite at a point where there's a camera every 20 feet. Maybe in the big cities that are 1984 homo hellscapes but not in the suburbs or more rural areas. I also never claimed this would eliminate all tracking. It just helps to keep you safe from 95% of the dragnet type stuff.

Attached: CGWrnCDWwAEs_d1.jpg (390x365, 19K)

>We aren't quite at a point where there's a camera every 20 feet
Nope. There are enough cameras and sensors that they can track you no problem when combined with satellites.

If you don't stop using any car or motorbike or other such motorized vehicles, you might as well not do most of the things you mentioned, it's all ineffective then.

And that's without taking into account those cameras and sensors on other people's smartphones and cars and so on that you assert they could use (which could give very dense coverage indeed).

>Not if you pull the battery.
Wasn't there a scandal some years back, when it was demonstrated that certain circuits could be activated remotely given enough power in the transmission? But anyway, yeah, my point is that a flip phone is not inherently more secure than any other phone as long as its powered.

> Most flip phones have a removable battery
Admittedly, that makes it easier. You'd still be fine with a smartphone with a removable battery.

>there's no Google services or other spyware there to skim your data as far as I can tell
There's basically exactly the same room as in smartphones. If you use a flip phone's browser, that might filch the data 100%. If you connect it to the network, the network might triangulate your position and log your talk. And so on.

> Cookies are one of the big ways you're tracked
They now also generally manage to do without them since they also wanted to track people with ad blockers and after GDPR uncertainty and so on.

> If you're too much of a brainlet to memorize logins you can write them down, or even keep them all in a physical password manager that's not networked and encrypts them for you.
You could do that, but it doesn't fundamentally change anything as opposed to trusting the networked software where you enter those passwords eventually. That software got the passwords when you do. If you also have your passwords in another device, that's just one more device with one more set of software that you are trusting.

>look at this fagot thinking he exercises free will
You have been programmed since birth retard

Attached: 4f1.jpg (600x435, 15K)

Free will doesn't exist.

>You have been programmed since birth
Of course, that's what 3 billion years of evolution does.

Thing with 1984 is that "big brother" was for party members. The proles were allowed to be degenerates and drunkards and shit because they couldnt affect change. Winston Smith and people on the inside of the system and knew how it worked were the real threats and were placed under constant surveillance. You can put it in this context in that if you become a target through your actions then its an issue. If you want to run for office they want to have shit on you, if you become a whistleblower its the same. Thats what most of this shit is about. Now the threat levels and social trust scores and stuff are something completely different and are I think related to what equates to future prediction through darpa. Te total information awareness intiative was designed to give them virtual models of all individuals so that (im guessing because it doesn't state anywhere) that they can model events and gauge outcomes and such. Sort of like a virtual world they run beta test in.

>coreboot instead of libreboot
if you're buying the hardware anyway, why compromise?

We are all going to die soon anyway. Ironic, our last great invention aimed to keep us immortal will be the one to wipe us out. The shit I see when working at the labs scares me. In simulations almost all artificial models came to the conclusion that humans were slow and needed to be controlled. This 3 billion years you speak of is a droplet in the ocean compared to what this models can achieve in a short amount of time

Attached: 531d51eeb3fef8499372ecaf280db5b86c70fcb8386bba28d0a7f10fe6213e13.jpg (800x450, 42K)

I don't think we will ever reach a society where information can be controlled to absolute degree.

We will however reach a society where information is so abundant that people will no longer be able to tell truth apart and will simply devolve into believing whatever their chosen community believes.

Spying is on half the story of "Big Brother"
what most don't understand is that it's also about you being told which opinions you're allowed to hold and what will happen if you deviate from that.
youtube.com/watch?v=m6Ybkd_beUU
youtube.com/watch?v=2X-2d4COiKs

Libreboot is cuck shit made by a tranny that only runs on a handful of Core2 shitboxes. Coreboot has a real community behind it. Libreboot is Coreboot with all the blobs stripped out. Blobs that may be needed for important shit like power management but that aren't a security risk. But oh, they aren't GPLv3! Gotta remove it all because muh freetardism!

Libreboot is a fucking joke.

1 - No, we're approaching Brave New World though

2 - I wouldn't say "impossible", but it's become quite hard. Stallman is one of the few people who I believe isn't monitored in any relevant way, since he's taken every possible precaution:

>FOSS *everything*, including firmware and drivers, don't run anything proprietary ever, not even nonfree javascript
>only use hardware without backdoors
>use another machine to surf the web, which literally mails him the pages (this is probably excessive though)
>don't use any kind of social media (at least, not using any personal, real info)
>self-host and encrypt email and other messaging applications
>always pay using cash whenever possible
>don't own a mobile phone (even with a completely FOSS rom and FOSS applications, you can still be tracked via gps by the very nature of mobile phones)

If you do all of these, I believe that you would make it so hard for three-letter agencies to gain info on you that they won't even bother, unless you're already a "person of interest". In this case, you're probably fucked anyway unless you have another government or similar powerful organization backing you up.

Just drop computers and phones altogether

This. Coreboot is a mature, professional project, while Libreboot is simply something some tranny came up with to feel even more special just stripping blobs. Further proof that trannies are nothing but attention whores.

Are you sure?

What you're suggesting isnt really possible in today's climate unless you decide to delete yourself and move outside most countries. However, your data is still out there to be used

anglos deserve everything

>What you're suggesting isnt really possible in today's climate unless you decide to delete yourself and move outside most countries.
It's perfectly possible unless you're addicted to social media, you fucking millennial.

>However, your data is still out there to be used
>But I've already given them everything!

So you've already given Facebook your phone number and address and date of birth? They already know your schools and job and hobbies? Why close the gate when the horse has bolted?

>You'll change jobs
>You'll move house.
>Your interests will change.
>Your friends will change.
>You'll get married/divorced/have children.
>You could even change your name or get married and change your surname.

Sure, the data they have today will still be valid in a week. But in six months? A year? Five years? The sooner you cut off advertisers from up to date information, the sooner it'll be out of date. Their databases will say you still like Linkin Park and Jackass unless you tell them otherwise. They'll also miss out on your patterns over time, not knowing the path of your history and making their future predictions inaccurate.

Why don't newfags read the wiki?

1984 reference

Attached: images(5).jpg (490x586, 13K)