Macbooks

Is there any reason to use a macbook other than looking like a twat at starbucks

Attached: garbolaptop.jpg (1600x900, 230K)

Other urls found in this thread:

apple.com/shop/product/MJ1M2AM/A/usb-c-to-usb-adapter
quora.com/Is-WiFi-data-transfer-faster-than-USB-3-0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

MacOS is great.

But you can just make a hackintosh and im talking about the shitty hardware

just tweak xfce to look like a mac and save yourself $1,000.

>great touchpad, great gesture support in OSX
>sturdy* construction, aluminium as opposed to plastic
>great screen
>good battery life
>keyboard is either good and enjoyable to type on, or the worst shit you've ever typed on
>signals that you have some money, women like that

*sturdy as in rigid.

>But you can just make a hackintosh
>just
You've been memed by underage fuckwits on this board. The vast, vast majority of hardware on the market won't even get to the login screen on macOS because of incompatible drivers.

But I’m not a poorfag and I value having support and being able to install updates upon release.

but what about muh ports and i don't want to spend upwards of $70 on dongles just to get an $1000 computer to be usuable.

Windoes and linux have updates upon release and lenovo and dell give support but you have to mail it to them.

Talking about in comparison to hackintosh not general PC oses

not to mention the support at the apple store is shit and you'll be paying upwards of $500 to get some dumshit repair.

apple.com/shop/product/MJ1M2AM/A/usb-c-to-usb-adapter

$20 for the official adapter. Others available cheaper.

well i guess that helps the dumshits who bought the machine but i still want multiple ports and not just one type c port

Windows is garbage and most Linux distros are great but maintenance is just super inconvenient.
Also, Continuity is god-tier.

Mostly every peripheral I own nowadays connects via USB C or Thunderbolt 3. I do have a hyperdrive in case there's anything I need to connect like an SD card or USB A, but those occasions are increasingly rare.

if you're so goddamn stupid that using a $10 adapter sends you into an autistic rage, perhaps a chinkpad is more your speed.

Then go find a vendor that caters to your luddite preferences. Most of the world has moved on from PS/2 ports, boomer.

> Using actual cables to transfer data in 2018
Its like you hate yourself

actually a chinkpad is more my speed

It's better than Windows if you're using a company supplied workstation and have to do literally ANYTHING with the command line and programming. Otherwise use Linux at home.

cables are faster you dumass so i won't be spending 10 more minutes transferring that 1gb iso file

I love my Macbook. The only people that rail against Apple are underage poorfags. The OS is great, the gesture support alone is why I prefer it, great integration with other Apple products. It's super comfy to use and a breeze to just SSH into my server to do all my compute heavy tasks.

I have a pretty sweet hub with my work thinkpad. Has USB, HDMI, VGA, SD, Ethernet etc. You can get ones for the Mac that charge it as well all through the single USB-C.

Additional cost yes, but less than $100 and it’s nice having all the wires out of the way of the laptop, and you can just unplug one wire and go.

>not using thunderbolt

WHO THE FUCK CARES ABOUT WHAT CUSTOMERS (OR SHALL I SAY CUM DUMPSTERS) AT STARBUCKS THINK OF YOUR SHITTY PIECE OF SHIT SHITTY FUCKING SHIT LAPTOP?

but wouldn't running that through one port make a bottleneck

>implying 802.11 ac is noticeably slower.

Not if the port outperforms the connected devices. If you're so worried, plug the ethernet into its own port.
>but you're going to bottleneck me running VGA and and SD card through the same port!
fucking lol

good suggestion

That is a good option, but aren’t hackintoshes prone to issues (also I’m not building a laptop)? Also for non power users, it’s much friendlier than Windows. Also for a laptop, the touchpad is amazing, the butterfly keys are amazing and horrible at the same time, and i haven’t run into many issues. As for a desktop, I’d never use a Mac product, but it’s one of the best laptops you can buy.

I like using Linux, but I haven’t had the courage to dive deep yet. I’ve enjoyed how OSX is Unix-Like to I can still use my some basic scripting and crontab stuff. I don’t need “muh customization” to that degree. I also need Windows for ISE Studio, so dual booting on MacOS is a breeze.

Dunno senpai. Guess so if you maxed the ports out or tried to run an e-GPU through it or something. I guess if you had something that needed thunderbolt speed then it would have thunderbolt and you could plug it straight in, no adapter required.

>mfw underage poorfag

Attached: Screenshot_20181014-140700.png (496x275, 135K)

You need Xcode to develop native iOS apps.

You should not buy something that only turns on the fan after reaching 80c
Those things kill themselves just to be silent.

i recommend mint for new users

no, Visual Studio on Windows can compile and publish iOS apps just as well

for a second i thought he had a good point

Outside of the greatness of MacOS (Hackintosh kinda kills the "it just works" aspect)
they are pretty much unique due use of a good aspect ratio alone.

Only the things from MS comes close but they are basically inferior copies that cost more.

Dongles are for idiots. Docks and hubs is where it's at. A single one covers all the possible ports you might want to use at home and outside of that, you don't need the shit either way.

1gb files take a few seconds. Unless you're transferring something larger than 25gb, it'll take more time to connect the cable.

good to know ill do some tests

There's a guy in my class who runs windows 10 on his mac

quora.com/Is-WiFi-data-transfer-faster-than-USB-3-0

Report shill threads, even the ones in disguise.

Attached: macshills.jpg (4500x3000, 1.6M)

Yes, the OS where you could press a button and become root sure was great.
>b-b-but they fixed it eventually!

Software has bugs? APPLE IS FINISHED.

it is if he has 10gb ethernet

I don't go to Starbucks, and I've actually got a snap on black case that covers the fact that I've got a macbook. If other mac users weren't such absolute cunts, I wouldn't bother, but as it stands I really hate when one of them comes up to me and starts talking about appleshit. I own a macbook air because I enjoy the form factor, keyboard and trackpad but I'll tell you straight up, if there were any non-apple laptops in the 13" range that were as comfy, lasted as long, and were cheaper than Apple but had 100% hardware support for hackintosh, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, the only machine that ticks all of the boxes for me is the 13" mba from 2013-2014.

Soup Jow Forums, I'm an unironic paid Apple shill.
You might recognize our agency's threads like:
>y dont u own a mac r u poor? lol
>post your apple products
>where my (apple product) bros at?
>WHO HYPE FOR (apple product/event)?
>why does (celebrity or notable people) use (apple product) i'm confused, pls shill for me!
>lol green bubbles
>"Perfection" (apple product photo)
>macbooks are overpriced, ok show me a laptop that... pasta
>geekbench circlejerking threads
>look! this pro-apple blog says good things about (apple product)! please click it!
>it just werks (apple product photo)
>i used to use non-apple products but then i tired apple products and never looked back!
>rotate threads and topics regularly to avoid being caught by mods as "flooding"

We focus primarily on tech blogs and the like with hacked Disqus accounts that we can buy for like 1000/$50 on the dark web to get a real post history and identity. Me, I got Jow Forums with a few other guys.

>pretend to need to (X), recommend Apple products to ourselves
>enter non-Apple thread and convince people to consider Apple
>get shekels

>make thread but it devolves into Apple getting shit on
>no shekels

When we can't get any good shilling going, we'll just crap on the competition, THEN try to slip in a suggestion to try Apple products.
>OMG i own this HP/MS/Samsung/LG product and it SUCKS
>coshill comes in the thread, plugs (Apple product)
>lololol loonix has no gaymes, windows master race!
>lololol wangblows sux, linux master race!
>step in after 100 posts and make up story about how great (Apple product) is

Mostly a side job and I make $100 every month or so for no effort, but I quit because they bullshitted me once on a check, plus I graduated so now I'm outing them.
OP is my old coworker. Yes, he's a poo in loo named Dikshit.

Attached: 1516838819533.png (1024x1024, 453K)

>MacOS was great.
ftfy

>>MacOS was never great.
ftfy

Pre-Lion MacOS was actually pretty good. Especially when they had the Apple download page where you could get all these games and Unix apps for free (they later replaced it with the Mac App Store, which is completely and utterly useless).

Because you're too retarded to use linux

>it's just a bug bro
I thought it "just worked". Linux does not have this problem.

Macs are great for normies. They can browse, use email, and watch videos. No viruses and everything just works.

It probably doesn't. Linux definitely doesn't have enough professional software available for it, no Continuity and hell, it doesn't even have a DE made by someone who understands UI design.

Besides the laptop support when it comes to battery life is just meh. Though I bet Safari makes a huge difference by itself.

Great battery life, seamless integration with my other Apple devices, iCloud, handoff/continuity. It's worth using if you're already in the Apple ecosystem -- if you're not, it's not as compelling.

Just use what you like prefer. Not hard.

looking like a twat anywhere you want

Because MacOS is comfy and the hardware is also comfy.

What are you even plugging into your laptop that you can't get a new cable for? I got a C to C cable for my phone and a dual port flashdrive and I've had no issues.

Attached: OS.png (568x218, 245K)

>let me prove how bad macos is by writing a paragraph of homoerotica. totally straight btw

someone's in denial

I exclusively use a mITX setup with my cherry mx blue mech all riced out with leds at starbucks to make all the mac fags self concoius about their shitty products

This desu.

/thread
Just the same street shitting OP making these threads daily and replying to his own posts. It's pathetic.

You're one of the few apple users I respect

Kek

How the fuck did i make I reply to myself while not having the jew image in any drive I own

Attached: deslusino 100.png (606x315, 235K)

>Also for a laptop, the touchpad is amazin
This always gets me. Every mac touchpad I've ever used is perfect. Every windows one except the alienware one feels like garbage to the point everyone here goes "LOL TRACKPAD" but I use my mac trackpad all the time.

Turn on three finger grab gestures and you just throw files around the computer it's so great on the go when you arent fucking with a mouse

I've been using the same macbook pro for 5 years and it's still fast and reliable. The per-year cost is now down to about $400 a year due to amortization.

I would not buy a new macbook pro at this time. I don't like the keyboards and I'm less sure now a new macpro would last 5 years the way the current one has.

It's portable so you can cunt it up at the local campus or airport too

What don’t you like about it? Serious question.

Or perhaps people who despise working with their OS

Thats the same as any decent laptop from 5 years ago tho

laptops aren't slow hot pieces of shit anymore

I use Void

Attached: 1539886892394s.jpg (187x250, 5K)

>Is there any reason to use a macbook other than looking like a twat at starbucks
Yes when your employer buys it for you or you put it on your expenses being self-employed. Find a job.

Nigger, what are you talking about? There's forever new root exploits for Linux because of bugs.

That's not a bad idea if the macbook is EOL and can't upgrade to supported macOS versions anymore.

weird flex but ok

Yes, personal preference of fashion in which one addresses their computing and digital communication needs.

If I get another mac I'm definitely getting a snap on black case that hides the lit up apple logo.

I have a hackintosh laptop that runs just fine, so fuck macbooks.

why no numpad on the big one?

Unironically just works (except when it physically breaks in which case you're fucked)

thats like getting a boyfriend, chop his dick off, put a wig on and pretend you have a wife, what the fuck dude. What the actual fuck.

your chest looks like an obese conjoined twin

>great screen
>good battery life
These are obvious and what no one mentioned - they are good for audio production. I have to give them that.

>tfw can't buy a new mbp until they fix their keyboards

Attached: 1536697328762.png (540x438, 289K)

MacBook Pro 2018 fixed it

POO IN LOO

Attached: 1510671208015.png (690x793, 159K)

Airdrop is magix tbqh

This will save you some time bitching with these fucks

Attached: 220px-Rosaparks.jpg (220x266, 22K)

No it's like getting a wife, put a strapon and pretend to be gay.

werks on my machine (13" mbp 2018)