Windows is a thrash. Change my mind WinFags

Windows is a thrash. Change my mind WinFags.

Attached: 1510339516086.jpg (267x297, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.en.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I can't. It is trash. All of it. The only people who use it are boomers, gamers, and pajeets. It is the OS for the grossly ignorant. How someone could use such a limited, powerless OS is beyond me.

Damn right. It's a closed, ugly OS for apes. It's even more horrible if you read the WIN32 docs. It's full of horrible amateur shit.

Attached: linux btfo2.png (669x1023, 552K)

You are correct. Windows was always trash, even if there were points where it was less trash than it is now. Over the years there have been lots of other systems that were vastly superior in terms of technology but failed to get ahead because they were more expensive. As usual, poorfag winshitters care not for beauty or quality. Many people look back on Amigas, SGI workstations, Sun SPARC machines, and old m68k and PowerPC Macintoshes with fond memories. No one who actually used them at the time looks back at early Windows PCs with anything but utter disdain.

Attached: 1540641387423.jpg (1200x1200, 116K)

cringe

Attached: delusion.png (606x315, 235K)

Aren't you a little triggered winbaby.

>t. buttmad /v/toddler
Just admit that Windows is nothing more than a launcher for your gayemz. We all know you wouldn't be using that shit if you were a developer or if you cared at all about the underlying technologies behind the OS.

Attached: 1540642461375.jpg (1024x759, 63K)

>t. Mad hardware decoding-let

Dunno, I've been using 7 for years and never had any issues.

Attached: 1484925281089.png (256x252, 74K)

I use w3m. I don't care about your video streaming shit.

Is this the new file picker meme that you guys got BTFO on when everyone started posting KDE screenshots? I'm streaming 1080p video in YouTube on Firefox just fine on openSUSE. Go ahead an explain why it matters.

Protip: you can't.

>having a potatobox that can't handle software decoding

macOS has this.

Attached: 6a0120a85dcdae970b0128776ff992970c-pi.png (200x193, 30K)

even 70 IQs like you have a "working brain" but does it work well? no

>windows gang
underage b& detected

(((no u)))

I'm both a dev and a linux user and I don't care what os my software runs on since I'm not some caveman who writes platform dependent software. The whole "understanding muh underlying implementation" is a meme, all you need to know is the interface, abstraction is the shit.

read

>all you need to know is the interface, abstraction is the shit
Spotted the web "developer" who does nothing but take simple web pages and bloat them to hell. Abstraction is trash, and you're part of the problem.

The way that systems handle memory, device drivers, file systems, and all sorts of other stuff does matter, and if you don't think so you're a tech illiterate fag who needs to go back.

>Spotted the web "developer"
wrong
>The way that systems handle memory, device drivers, file systems, and all sorts of other stuff does matter
It matters but if you're doing it instead of focusing on things that actually make a difference like algorithm complexity and using the right data structures, you're doing something wrong.

Strict environments are, debatable, the only places where manually handling memory is viable instead of letting the compiler/runtime/vm do it's thing.

>Abstraction is trash
The fact that you can't understand the importance of abstraction and the place in the bigger picture of lower and higher levels of abstraction and their respective advantages/disadvantage, goes to show how little you understand about computers. If weren't for abstraction you'd be programming with nand gates.

do you realize most developers use Windows ?

>defending the sloppy seconds of DOS pasted on top of a VMS clone that uses fucking NTFS and FAT still that's packed with Candy Crush, Minecraft, and malware that deletes user files when it updates
Windows is objectively inferior.

>If weren't for abstraction you'd be programming with nand gates.
Quit pretending that an operating system's kernel is even remotely comparable to something like JVM you massive faggot. We aren't talking all types of abstraction and you know it.

No they don't. At work we use CentOS/Fedora and macOS.

Attached: 1401856354228.jpg (651x807, 53K)

What WinFags? Nobody uses Windows by choice. We are held hostage by software support and drivers. If i could run all my games and the ESEA client on Linux with the same level of performance i would jump over to it in a heartbeat.

Attached: 62935048.jpg (1000x483, 101K)

NT is great. Win32 is not.

Windows is shit, and it being shit doesn't make linux any better, stop trying to deny and shift the blame.

>Kernel/systems/low level programming are all that matter
Statistically and truth by consensus speaking, you are, objectively, wrong. Quit pretending manual low level optimisation is critical in high level programming.

Attached: 1511148838211.png (284x119, 4K)

>powershell
get fucked unixfags

Linux is a kernel.

It's a mess. Can't even run dd on it.

it's always been trash. I have it though only so I can play video games. inb4 the linux steam fags actually like high quality gaming exists anywhere else.

It isn't being completely overrun and destroyed by trannies.

Attached: IMG_0495.jpg (2048x1467, 349K)

which is the OS.

gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.en.html

This last update bricked my machine.
I cant.

>he needs dd on windows

>you're it using it wrong
Fuck off.

>and it being shit doesn't make linux any better
Linux is objectively better, you fucking moron. You're the one shifting the goal posts here because you're buttblasted that I called Windows a garbage OS for toddlers. Linux doesn't blue screen or delete my files. What now, Winbaby?

>truth by consensus
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*breathes in*
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>an object oriented shell
Fucking disgusting. Cmdlets, when will they learn?

>he has to download third party software to write a bootable iso/img to a disk
Lmao

sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of all the real work I'm getting done with Powershell.

The only thing that works on that garbage is cd.

>all the real work I'm getting done with Powershell

Attached: cdb.jpg (499x499, 17K)

>you're buttblasted that I called Windows a garbage OS (...) Winbaby
Read again and quote me where I said windows is better than linux, I'll wait.
>Linux doesn't blue screen
True, in linux it's called kernel panic, way to go sherlock.

I'm using arch on my laptop btw

Linux is fine, Windows is fine. Just different preferences. Get over it fags, you will argue over everything.

Linux looks very interesting, even if some of the screen colours and menu options appear to be a little out of the ordinary but because you end up needing to use Windows it''s not very efficient.

But you are missing a vital point, a point which takes some experience and depth of knowledge in the field of computers. You see, when a computer boots up, it needs to load various drivers and then load various services. This happens long before the operating system and other applications are available.

Linux is a marvellous operating system in its own right, and even comes in several different flavours. However, as good as these flavours are, they first need Microsoft Windows to load the services prior to use.

In Linux, the open office might be the default for editing your wordfiles, and you might prefer ubuntu brown over the grassy knoll of the windows desktop, but mark my words young man - without the windows drivers sitting below the visible surface, allowing the linus to talk to the hardware, it is without worth.

And so, by choosing your linux as an alternative to windows on the desktop, you still need a windows licence to run this operating system through the windows drivers to talk to the hardware. Linux is only a code, it cannot perform the low level function.

My point being, young man, that unless you intend to pirate and steal the Windows drivers and services, how is using the linux going to save money ? Well ? It seems that no linux fan can ever provide a straight answer to that question !

>in linux it's called kernel panic
In my 7+ years of using Linux I've never once had a "kernel panic". Not one single time.

>I'm using arch on my laptop btw
Well, that explains a lot.

>quote me where I said windows is better than linux
Then why the fuck would even respond, you stupid nigger? It's almost as if you have zero impulse control you're forced to respond to (You)s, even if you don't disagree with the content of the posts. What the hell is wrong with you, faggot?

Reply again if you're an NPC.

Attached: 1539200647835.png (680x834, 270K)

>Babbys think their C bullshit is low-level and not just a convoluted virtual machine so c babbys don't have to learn how to program correctly

You are the abstraction kiddo.

C isn't abstracted in any way. I can write a kernel in C run it on my PC. I can't do the same with something like Java that runs in a JVM which is the most ridiculous shit I've ever heard of. Abstraction is a safety net for incompetent numale koders.

>C isn't abstracted
>My modern superscalar cpu isn't an over glorified VM because I can run my high level abstraction that literally even hides cache control from me.

Just stop moron.

is this bait?

>have 8.1
>never update
>still on 1709
>refuse to let MS use my computer as a guinea pig for their broken updates
>don't care about malware or ransomware because I'm not an idiot who goes on shady russian websites
>don't let random scripts load on my browser thanks to ublock and umatrix and https security

You say I need MS's security updates? Well, I say MS shouldn't have made an insecure POS in the first place.Besides which, I've been doing fine for a year now. Every security issue has had a rather simple solution.

>wannacry? Secure the SMB ports in your firewall
>data sharing 0 day exploit? turn off data sharing
>majority of ransomware? Write a .bat that disables vssadmin.exe

Sure, something might come along that can pose a problem. I don't deny it. However, I'll take the chance over YET another broken windows update that deletes my files/bricks my system/destroys the registry because MS pajeets aren't paid enough.

Attached: Untitled.png (469x311, 319K)

Attached: 1540505478548.png (625x626, 111K)

It's trash but it has software and games so I'm stuck with it.

I think both are shit and calling one superior is bs.

[x] Doubt

Attached: 1529043549735.png (769x733, 34K)

Your right.
Absolute trash://

I love your type, you are pretentious brainlets that think you are suddenly more intelligent because of your choice of operating system.

The vast majority of high earners in this World are using Windows. The only time they use Linux is for servers, routers, firewalls, you know it's proper application.

Linux as an general purpose operating system is a joke, and it will always be a joke.

Keep pretending you're more efficient than someone with Windows, just because you never learned how to actually utilize Windows features.

It's trash. No doubt but Linux is also trash, for different reasons though

I don't have too because market share says your opinion is irrelevant.

Attached: bitmoji-20181013022608.png (398x398, 56K)

Microsoft spits in the face of its users.

Attached: windows telemetry.gif (1718x938, 2.06M)

jesus christ. i hope this is not real :(

OK this is epic

reminder that peerblock exists

I don't use 10 but even I can tell you that you're in the wrong settings menu to disable all that phoning home shit.
Use gpedit.

The problem is that you have to do this in the first place. And even after jumping through all the hoops you still can’t disable everything.

i laffed

I dont know. Despite bloat, Windows ts faster, boots in a few seconds, and uses less system resources than any Linux distro?

Windows is obviously more advanced and runs much better on modern hardware than Linux.

The only time they use Linux is ALL THE TIME EXCEPT DESKTOP BECAUSE MICROSOFT BLASTS THE ENTIRE BUDGET IN MARKETING

plus Linux Android total rape since 2010, soon ten years of smartphone domination, the main computer for the entire planet

BTFO

GODDAMNIT YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE

I THOUGHT A MICROSOFT WINDOW POPPED UP ON MY LINUX DISTRO

DONT DO THAT

SPOILER TAG

SCREAMER WARNING

NSFW

MY HEART FOR FUCK SAKE

underrated post :DD

shameless samefagging :DDDD

Kill yourself, unironically.

>Windows is a thrash
Home/pro yes, ltsb — is fine.

>implying freetards have minds

more bait? You can't be serious

>68246224
You're not getting any (You)s

Awfully funny way of writing
>wannacry? Install the update that came out three months before

Winfag here. I literally only use the OS because I have to. I use literally anything else when I can. Windows is fucking trash. OP is 100% completely right.

>it just werks

>kinda

>but at least you can make it work with less effect than linux

>let's ask commies who weren't capable of making their own OS and therefore chose to beg for merit over Linux whether Linux is an OS on its own

I refuse to run an OS where screen tearing is still a thing in 2018.

Android is the way all Linux distros should be. Using Linux as the kernel and writing almost everything else from scratch, done with the direct backing and financing of a mega corporation who has the sole say in all decisions.

>done with the direct backing and financing of a mega corporation who has the sole say in all decisions
Anytime redhat does something to unify loonex distros, freetards will endlessly chimp out all over it

ltsb is a meme

Ive always wondered what other OS can do that Windows and Mac cant do

It's a pain in the ass with all the disabling of services and registry edits but after a while it's quite smooth.

It is abstract to
Because you need to compile C. He probably writes binary commands, or even uses punchcards like a true programmist.

This.

After you took your time to adjust all the toggles to you liking and to disable telemetry shit, it's a perfectly fine OS.

Unless you do an upgrade and loose all your files, because you don't make any backups.

MAKE BACKUPS FAGGOTS!

W10 is an absoute piece of shit, I'm on 8.1.
Even LTSB has unchangeable telemetry.

you CAN disable it.
It's just A LOT OF WORK to do so.

Besides from telemetry and Cortana and shit, Windows 10 is pretty solid

about 90 registry keys and 45 GPOs, just to disable it, btw

You need hardware firewall.

No.
pi-hole is enough

It is for sure, but alternatives are even shittier.

gottem

sorry...

who the fuck doesn't know how to Google a stop code I mean seriously and these are the people telling others to move to Linux?

>limited
It's not an issue. The real issue is backdoors and spyware. If Microsoft open sourced windows or if ReactOS got 200x it's current funding and got to w7/w8.1 compatibility level in a year then it would be fine.

Firefox, Brave, IceCat

It's comfy

Attached: dsk.jpg (5752x2160, 2.36M)

Come on guys, Alternatives and Democracy died in Germany. There is only one way for 'growth' today and it's the Yank pretentious bully who speaks about freedom all day but wouldn't recognize it even if it stood in front of its eyes. Thanks Microsoft and NSA for subverting our rights

Even without this the NSA has backdoors on your CPU that can let them do hide and monitor whatever the fuck they want.... don't trust american spy products.