Is there any point in getting a kindle if I have a phone or tablet?

Is there any point in getting a kindle if I have a phone or tablet?

Attached: 51hrdzXLUHL.jpg (500x500, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

encyclopediadramatica.rs/Bookz
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No. Avoid the Amazon Swindle at all costs.

Buy a Kobo you dumb mudnigger. Also look up KOreader for it.

Yes if you're a retard

Battery life, you can read in the sun, more convenient "turn page" buttons, less distractions from other apps/similar, much clearer screen which doesn't hurt your eyes

These things can be easily configured on phone

Get a Kobo with at least an 8 inch screen or preferably something higher for PDFs

cool you reminded me I have a paperwhite. Gonna look for it

>you can read in the sun
Good luck with that.

got a decent fone, not much point in LCD Kindle. Read a lot tho, e-inks are way lighter, battery life is multiples of LCD etc. But the actual reading experience is not vastly (or even much) improved, don't buy into the eink Joos BS.

The display is really nice since it doesn't emit any light unless you turn it on because it's dark
Also it's way more comfortable to hold while reading if you're getting your books on Amazon anyway I would really recommend one I have an older one and the only downside is not being able to flip back and forth wich really only is a problem with technical texts

The Paperwhite's LEDs are always on. They just go super dim.

WTF I have a older model without light at all why would the do that

If you read consistently yeah it's worth it (it's not going to make you read more). Get one used. Get Calibre. Here's a starter guide: encyclopediadramatica.rs/Bookz

My mom has a swindle paperwhite and that is false. You can turn the light completely off with a slider.

Attached: http___i.imgur.com_nds80Gd.jpg (1024x670, 187K)

>You can turn the light completely off with a slider.

You're wrong, you can turn the slider all the way down and you'll still see it. No idea what the fuck you're talking about.

Attached: Convenient.jpg (3024x4032, 1.97M)

7.0-7.4 > *

Is there any point in making a thread that could have been asked in /sqt/?

fuck tablets, kindle is great, it feels exactly as a real paper, has great battery life

100+ hour SOT can be configured on a phone? You could earn a metric fuckton by selling you magic voodoo to phone manufacturers.

If you want to read without punching your eyes with light or charging a device every day.

Hey retard, turn off all the light in a room, turn the brightness for the Kindle all the way down, then look at the screen. If you want more proof angle the screen so that you're looking in-between the bezel and the screen at the bottom. You'll see the LED's

Good luck configuring your phone to have a 6" 4:3 e-ink screen, retard.

used kindles are literally 20 bucks for a lot of 10. I'm a heavy reader but I think they're worth it even if you're only doing a few books a year. Battery life, read outdoors, dedicated device so no distractions and good size are all big pluses in my book

This is incorrect but you can turn the led's off easily. Or at least I should say they turn off on mine all the time. Before the screen goes into sleep and loads the screensaver it kills the led. If you use the magnet cover to wake then close it then open it quickly you can read but the led's would be off. I guess this could save on battery life but for me it's mainly an annoying bug

I'm thinking about getting the new 32gb version coming out in November.

Should I?

>is there any point to getting a e-reader which lasts upto a month at a time on use without battery charge
You tell me. If you are always near your phone and your phone is always charged, then you don't need it.

I'm someone who reads several books a month on my paperwhite, keeps read books on the machine, reads in the bath and also listens to audiobooks. I don't see the new machine as a compelling purchase. Books don't take up a lot of space, storage goes unused. The bluetooth is nice but i'd much prefer to listen to audiobooks from my phone where I can control playback speed, volume, and multiple books with ease. Waterproofing would be great but 4 years of bath reading and beach trips hasn't done anything to my paperwhite. If I were buying new sure I'd buy it. What's the price premium over the regular paperwhite? Would you use the new features? If it's the same cost as the voyager would you prefer that? IMO the only upgrade that's really worth it is backlight. After that your experience with the device won't drastically change

Not kindle but is the 1440p in the new kobo really necessary?

I guess it depends on your use case right? My suspicion is it's not but I read books not comics or pdfs and I have the font at medium or larger.

New Kindle can do audio books from audible I think

Are they easy to put pirated books and audio on?

Backlight would be ideal though

Screen is bigger so!

do Kindles have realistic page turning effects?

Attached: 1536436324355.png (925x711, 32K)

yeah but only via bluetooth not with built in speakers. I tried to address that but for me it makes more sense for me to keep my audiobooks on my phone. Maybe for some people that's a sell though and if you do do audio you'd use the extra space

Pirated books are very very easy. I use calibre and it's an amazing program. It'll autoconvert books to the right format, download metadata and covers, library with ratings if you want to use it. It's dead simple.

Can't speak to audio.

All kindles except the basic model have a backlight. I would not buy a model without a backlight because I like to read in bed.

Eink is a good enough reason.

what for?

E-Ink is lightyears ahead of LCD/LED screens for reading. There is no eyestrain and you charge your device once a month instead of twice a day.

Just be sure to jailbreak/crack whichever one you get and just pirate books like a madman.

Get a kobo that can do natural light. Much better for night reading and being a kobo, it can load many more formats and use overdrive

yes, if you read a ton the it can be a good idea to get one. if you barely read every now and then stick to your tablet, itll be good enough