Need help choosing a gaming laptop

Trying to figure out what's my best option for the money I have I'd like to spend $500-$800 but willing to go up to $1,000 I want a laptop that can play AAA titles in high settings or close can you guys leave some suggestions buying off Amazon or Newegg sites like that (preferably Amazon) I'm gonna probably wait till Black Friday/Cyber Monday making a list of laptops to get to see if any go on sale & buy it then to save a little..

Attached: 20181027_105947.jpg (1059x1884, 510K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/ASUS-FX503VD-Powerful-Gaming-Laptop/dp/B07CK1Q71Z
ebay.com/itm/MSI-15-6-GE62-Gaming-Whitebook-i5-7300HQ-CPU-GTX-1050Ti-graphics-Custom-build/222790048714?hash=item33df525bca:m:mNRbthCNNXpsxa-sqRJaAgA:rk:1:pf:0
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAEYJ6PT0355
ebay.com/itm/Acer-Predator-Helios-300-G3-571-77QK-15-6inch-Free-shipping/202481655282
amazon.com/Acer-Predator-Overclockable-Aeroblade-PH315-51-78NP/dp/B07CTHLX8C
dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/dell-g3-15-gaming/spd/g-series-15-3579-laptop/dncwg3f1426rph
amazon.com/CYBERPOWERPC-TS1000-Notebook-i7-8750H-Mechanical/dp/B07C7YL2F2?keywords=tracer iii slim&qid=1540686869&sr=8-1&ref=sr_1_1
eluktronics.com/MECH-15-G2-1P1S32R10P-RTS
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No.

Attached: 20181027_110022.jpg (1080x1545, 453K)

Don't get a gaymen laptop. Build a desktop pc for gaymen and use a cheap laptop for anything you need to do away from that pc.

MSI whitebook on ebay

600 bux, add your own ram, ssd later. bretty gud.

What if you travel a lot.

Op here exactly for work I travel a lot state-to-state on planes so I can't build a PC and just take it with me that's why I need a laptop

Micro ATX build and small monitor.

Attached: 20181027_110057.jpg (1080x1791, 419K)

So are any of the laptops I posted worth getting?

Attached: 20181027_110137.jpg (1080x1556, 336K)

Wow not a bad idea thanks

> $500-$800
You simply won't find a "gaming laptop" that can pull of that kind of performance. Especially if you want to buy new.

If you're absolutely committed to the idea of keeping a single system that can handle mobile productivity and gaming, then your best bet IMO is to pick up a work laptop with a robust quad-core i7 and Thunderbolt 3. Don't worry about the display or GPU. And buy it used off ebay.

Next, get an eGPU enclosure, a 4K monitor, and a graphics card. I wouldn't say that this setup is cheap, but it allows you to upgrade your performance incrementally as you can afford it, rather than throwing down $3000 on some behemoth laptop like the Razer Blade Pro.

Alternatively, you'd probably save money by simply buying an affordable laptop for productivity and getting a console for games. If you're really into playing new AAA titles on high settings, then there really is no substitute for building a desktop rig.

Yeah right, you're fucking retarded if you think some one who spends most of their time traveling is gonna lug an extra 15 pounds they don't have to.

Now if only intel could get off their asses and give thunderbolt 16 lanes instead of 4.

>$
dell+walmart

Attached: Clipboard03.jpg (716x380, 33K)

Intel cannot do anything right atm. Probably wont be back to a place of stability or profitability till 2023 or later.

They have a full warranty through MSI too. When you register you take this silly ass lil survey, or well I did, and they gave me an extra 3 months of warranty, couldn't find options for BIOS update, had to e-mail, the correspondence i had was quite top notch, including software files sent directly in e-mail and detailed instructions on how to run the BIOS update using provided software.

I was shocked to say the least.

amazon.com/ASUS-FX503VD-Powerful-Gaming-Laptop/dp/B07CK1Q71Z

Don't fall for the Thunderbolt eGPU meme. You lose up to 30% performance from the latencies added by the conversion chipset at the laptop side and at the eGPU side as well. This is information from youtube tech reviewers that you can easily find.

please kill yourself

real men use an nvme slot

Attached: PE4C-M4060A V4.1_1.jpg (450x450, 64K)

lol shit as if

hang on let me install some hack shit garbage to make this work wiht my BIOS and some hack shit drivers to make this work with my operating system

NO

THANK

YOU

Attached: 1531448546142.jpg (144x145, 10K)

Alienware has the only acceptable e-GPU setup in the business.

and the 13 r3 is a pretty alright machine if you can mod the thermals to not suck shit.

>No performance loss from the thunderbolt chip
>same amount of lanes
>cheaper
>pretty much universal
Yeah I voided my warranty, yeah I removed my BIOS's battery, yeah I have to lug around this giant brick with a quadro in it along with my laptop, yeah it's not plug and play, but I would do it again because the performance is just that better than your craptop's gpus.

Acer Predator Helios 300 would be your best bet. You can get a used one on eBay for around your budget, and it comes with a 1060 and a decent CPU.

no, it's honestly worth it to spend the extra money for something with a 1060 or 1070maxq graphics card

Post pic of the monstrosity that you created.

I'm not really a fan of gaming laptops, but the 2018 Razer Blade looks pretty awesome.

Attached: 6252907_sd.jpg (550x405, 30K)

BTFO

As a peice of modern art it is quite alright.

As anything else, it's rotting hot garbage from your grandmas vageen. do not fucking buy razer products.

Don't waste your travels on video-games.

>gaming
>laptop

Attached: serious.jpg (766x709, 113K)

Ok, maybe OP should just a buy a laptop with a GPU.

Honestly not trying to buy anything used I'd rather drop a little extra to have it new

Attached: 20181027_124056.jpg (1080x1332, 341K)

My office is an airplane and motel combo, i return to my home home every other week for a couple days. Gaming laptops are the only reprieve i get if i wanna game at all. its bad enough carrying around this fucking 8 pound beast, the idea of having to lug an extra 9-10 pounds for all that is simply untenable.

there are very few people in my situation though. If you're trying to buy a gaming laptop to go to your friends house or LAN parties or some other queer shit like that, buy an mATX or mITX system with a decent 24" monitor and suck it up.

Get one with thunderbolt 3 and an external enclosure for a gpu.

Alienware 13r3 has the best eGPU solution out of any gaming laptop so when the 1060 in it starts to lag behind, you can still upgrade the GPU without worrying about it. You can get them used on ebay and lots of them come with original manufacturer warranties, so just message the seller in advance and ask if they can transfer the warranty to you and if they can its basically the same as buying new.

I can admit it's overpriced but that doesn't change the fact that its a nice laptop.

Not GP, but eBay only shows 3rd generation i5 laptops when I search for MSI Whitebook. Are those what you are recommending?

ebay.com/itm/MSI-15-6-GE62-Gaming-Whitebook-i5-7300HQ-CPU-GTX-1050Ti-graphics-Custom-build/222790048714?hash=item33df525bca:m:mNRbthCNNXpsxa-sqRJaAgA:rk:1:pf:0

Not even memeing, why not get pic related?

Attached: devils_canyon.jpg (1280x1941, 321K)

lelnovo y530.
the acer's heatsink is small.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAEYJ6PT0355

wrong board gaymen
go to

Attached: gaybooster.jpg (580x435, 29K)

>why not get
>99 C°
uhmm

Attached: 1536672392827.png (638x359, 408K)

That's under 100% furmark/prime95 load, something you will rarely if ever see. On laptops like the ones posted in this thread will throttle significantly more under furmark/prime95 and even during gaymen.

anyone not going for pic related is a boomer.

Attached: geforcenow_blog.jpg (340x190, 19K)

ebay.com/itm/Acer-Predator-Helios-300-G3-571-77QK-15-6inch-Free-shipping/202481655282

or

amazon.com/Acer-Predator-Overclockable-Aeroblade-PH315-51-78NP/dp/B07CTHLX8C
if you want a newer processor and 144hz screen

dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/dell-g3-15-gaming/spd/g-series-15-3579-laptop/dncwg3f1426rph

I'm kind of in the same boat, I'm a sailor so if I want to play video games I got to have a gaming laptop to bring with me back and forth

it was such a pain in the ass but at least I only have to drag it around with me once a month and getting a better backpack as opposed to the shoulder sling I was using helped big time.

now my other issue with it is if I want to just watch a movie in bed, the laptop is just too big for the way my room is, it really can only just sit on my desk

I had a lenovo legion that used that weird center hinge style, they don't hold up, in less than 2 years it was busted (kind of a god send though because I bought it late gen in the gtx 900 series and the newer mobile graphics cards are better than the old full desktop cards so now I can actually play new games and have them look decent)

holy shit, that's a pretty good deal, cheaper than even on dell's own website

>gaming laptop
I will never understand that. The games where you need that kind of power will be ruined by being played on a tiny screen in an environment which is distracting and you'll get fucked in autism sports games. Just get a normal laptop and fire up some emulators if you want to play a game.

nomads you mong, you in sales or something and have to travel around your region regularly? people in the military? people in the merhcant marine? some type of traveling showman like a musician or magician?

all of these people travel constantly, I'm sure a fair few like to play video games, a gaming laptop is the most viable solution for them

Sort of in the same boat as OP but I do scientific research. A lot of other data analysts in the department use laptops more powerful than mine (I am currently using a ~2Ghz Dell Inspiron 15) although we have access to a server for analysis. Friend of mine uses a nvidia razer, don’t know about others. Anyone have suggestions for a decently powerful, metal laptop that won’t melt itself?

Acer Predator Helios 300
>powerful
>shit monitor
>$1,200
worth it

This is what I have: tracer iii slim (it's based on tongfang GK5CN5Z laptop).

It's got a 60hz screen (u can get it at 144hz if u buy it from them directly), but its 100% srgb even at 60hz. Mechanial keyboard.

amazon.com/CYBERPOWERPC-TS1000-Notebook-i7-8750H-Mechanical/dp/B07C7YL2F2?keywords=tracer iii slim&qid=1540686869&sr=8-1&ref=sr_1_1

Has really good thermals for a slim laptop with easy access, slim bezels.

Attached: tongfang.jpg (2162x660, 377K)

That looks like a good option

Nvidia razer blade 15 or asus ROG Zephyrus M?

I’m I mainly do standard office shit but every now and then I do a lot of CPU intensive computing. I also want to take advantage of GPU acceleration when available and to dick around with tensorflow.
Plus it would be nice to play games on it every now and then when I visit friends.

Nvidia is pic related. Like the form and all metal construction as well as limited logo (would prefer none but that doesn’t seem to be an option). Much different than my first gaming laptop, some MSI GAYMURR faggotry that melted itself.

Attached: EA8F3783-746A-4AC0-902C-B87A35AD497E.jpg (1600x900, 104K)

Dell G7 has the same CPU, a 1060, and is nearly $600 cheaper.

>no one ever suggests eluktronic laptops

I’ve had mine for two years without a problem and you get a hell of a lot for your money’s worth

mercury edition only $2200

Attached: a428ef47-83c9-4025-ae76-f421125fed4b[1].jpg (700x434, 14K)

It's like you didn't even read the post.

get a macbook pro 15" specked out with an eGPU

Attached: 1539795652026.png (523x472, 288K)

What if you ask questions with periods.

Buy a fucking business class laptop and get an egpu instead of being a massive mouth breathing fuckwit.

yea, no shit it's a lesser experience than desktop but if a motherfucker wants to play Batman, they should be able to play Batman, not have to resort to emulating some ancient SNES game which still would run better with a dedicated gpu

honestly never heard of them but my god, an understated gaming laptop? I don't believe it, now if only the logo was a little more understated, like just etched into the back or something but I guess you can't get everything

eluktronics.com/MECH-15-G2-1P1S32R10P-RTS

Attached: New-Mech-Back_small__52082.1534255752[1].jpg (1024x948, 131K)

This is all based on the TONGFANG GK5CN6Z.

This is the same laptop as this:
Tracer iii slim/ recoil ii / mech 15 G2, all same laptop thats rebranded with the company selling it.

I have the slim above so I can answer questions.

And for some proof of purchase. It’s really worth it and it’s an American company

Rip

Attached: 376D67F3-CA04-439E-912F-3797FB7C8C99.png (750x1334, 355K)

Huge jump in difference, the 1070 is 50 percent stronger than the 1060, yet the 1080 is only 15 percent faster than the 1070

Thing is, the 1070 is gonna be hot as FUCK in a laptop. Unless you wanna play with noise cancelling headphones prepare for a jet exhaust.

For that money you aren't going to get anywhere close to what you want unless you buy something that will fall apart in a year or less. Gaming laptops are cheaply made and marketed to retards who pay out the ass for hardware that will be obsolete or dead within a year.

the maxq is specifically designed for laptop usage and performs a bit better than the 1060 6gb

I have a 1060 6gb (not the maxq) in mine, and it doesn't have thermal issues, though my laptop is failry big

do not buy a gaming laptop, I've tried, they suck.

I bought one because I travel and need a work pc, and only gaman pcs have 8cores/gpu at a reasonable price.

Mine runs as hot as 80 but the noise isn't nearly that bad, although my quanta nl5a has pretty decent designed cooling

Clevo makes virtually every gaming laptop under the sun (that is not MSI, gigabyte, Asus)

If you went avadirect, xoticpc, sager, eurocom, whatever the fuck, it's a clevo.

Alienware are should be fine but I would trend away from Acers and HPs until I took a good hard look inside.

INSIDE. Looking inside is the only way to buy a gaming laptop. Fuck everything else.

>a reasonable price
Definitely fucking NOT.

How much do you need to spend to get something that won’t fall apart for a couple years?

Buy a Switch or carry around a microATX and just connect it to the motel's TV