I want to set up my own email server in order to escape from the botnet

I want to set up my own email server in order to escape from the botnet.

Would a Raspberry Pi Zero be enough for this task? I don't want the server choking every hour.

Attached: Raspberry-Pi-Zero-Overhead-1-1748x1080.jpg (1748x1080, 190K)

lol just use gmail virgin

no u

Cpu and memory usage aside, using a Pi0 restricts you to wifi. You don't want to host a server on wifi.

the sexual tension between you two is palpable. get a room already

Get a cheap vps, hosting an email server on an unreliable connection is not a good idea

Can't you make/get an ethernet hat for a pi0?

false, that would be the pi0w, for pi0 you need an otg cable and usb network adapter

what's the point if in the end the total cost will be equal or close to a pi2/3 ? just buy a pi3 already

I soldered a usb dongle on my pi0 for the job

Attached: pi_zero.jpg (960x960, 507K)

>whats the point
It's cute

>2018
>not knowing where to source cheap parts

You know most email providers well literally just mark your email as spam either that or it won't go through.

You're extremely autist.
You'll never get past the Spam folder on modern email providers.
You'll have to pay money to get verified, which is a nightmare to set up.
Then you'll lose fuckton of emails because of

What's the reason behind this?

So that millions of third world shitters can't just simply setup their own garbage and spam white people every 3 seconds

They already do that. Go back to Jow Forums

Related:

I have my domain (firstnamelastname.com). What's the best way to have an email for it? ([email protected])

I have it set up through gmail domains forwarding right now but it's really slow and seems like it eats emails and spottily forwards them to my main gmail account.

>You'll never get past the Spam folder on modern email providers.
Wut? Really? Fuck

Don't listen to that salty tranny. He doesn't know what he's talking about

[email protected]

[email protected]

That's not really what I asked for but ok.

[email protected]

Jesus this is some hack job but I like it.

why not? wifi is reliable if you have free channel

Simply not true, don't listen to him.

You're gonna need more vram. normal pi 3 should be enough, also wireless is not reliable.

Consider just buying a mailbox from a company you trust. benefits are

high availability
Secure and updated against threats
long-term redundancy built in
and most importantly - Not automatically blacklisted by many main mail servers.

If you want to play around and do it for fun, go ahead.

Nice dubs

I recommend buying a VPS and using that as your mail server. Non-blacklisted IP, better uptime, etc.

Your own mailserver on raspi won't work for 2 reasons: (1) your ISP is most likely blocking port 25, therefore you will never be able to send out any email. (2) you don't own a static IP (most likey case), any emails that you would send out would get bounced due to your IP being in consumer range.

You should get cheap $3~4 VPS and setup postfix/dovecot there. I run my own mailserver for over 10 years, once you properly setup rDNS, SPF, and DKIM records then your emails will even reach gmail users etc no problem right into their inbox.

>Would a Raspberry Pi Zero be enough for this task? I don't want the server choking every hour.
No, an email server on a residential ip address will get caught by ALL spam filters.

Get a VPS, set up Dovecot/Postfix/SpamAssassin/ClamAV with LetsEncrypt SSL, then set up SPF, DKIM and DMARC. That's how you pass spam filters, except live.com's since that one is fucking impenetrable in my experience.

if you want to host an email server I'd recommend to do it on a static IP for e.g. setting a SPF record on your domain.
Like everyone else I'd recommend using a cheap VPS instead.

He's actually sort of right. Gmail used to be extremely strict too, but they've eased up a lot and won't reject a correctly set up server anymore. Now it's just live.com that pretty much operates on a spam whitelist and you just aren't going to be able to get through it.

Even if you open a ticket about it to Microsoft they'll just get you a Pajeet who copy-pastes some garbage that assumes you are sending newsletters and actually *are* trying to spam people, rather than trying to help you get your personal email server past them.

Here come the ebin Gentoo ricers. Fuck you, don't come back. You ruined this place.

Google and Outlook implement many Captchas to reduce spam from their own addresses. Yours isn't getting through unless they trust it. This implies getting your emails to look legit on their eyes: no single word emails, no repeated text, etc. You'll have to try to game their system to get by.
Or you could just use Gmail like a functioning member of society. Hell, maybe even Protonmail if you want to look like only a regular autist. You'll just be making life hard for you and for others.
You aren't special, they have no interests spying you.
>inb4 large nose

Dont listen to people on Jow Forums...
Try it as a honeypot first if you have the static ip/dyn dns set up.
Put a fake email account and send an receive some stuff to it and evaluate if it works.
The problems with having your own email server is SPAM... a lot of spam! And this is most of email server administration.
on top of that you need to think about stuff like backup and encryption.
Will you have alot of auto sorting features? Will you have scripts to find and remove spam?
How much space will your personal Email-inbox take up?
But most important dont listen to people on Jow Forums!

I have been using it for long but I'm using Protonmail. The paid version let's you use your own domain.

Since not a lot of people are too supportive, I'd say yes and no. I'd invest in something with 1GB of memory that way you have more wiggle room. If you want cheap but reliable I'd invest in a Orange Pi PC. Only costing 15 dollars (for the board) and 4-5 dollars for the actual power adapter,

I buy my domains in Gandi so I get free webmail. It's pretty good, and it doesn't go into spam with all providers I've tested.

yes, it'll be far more than enough
however almost all of the mail servers use WHITE LISTS you'd have to get your IP added to these lists or everyone is gonna auto block you, half of them will drop your email (not go to spam folder, even) it's pretty fucking hassle to do so.
you'll receive emails just fine, though

you're wrong, there's nothing dangerous about it, pussy

10/10
wrong
wrong
yea or usb
wrong they'll drop the email because it's not on whitelists, he won't even appear in spam folder son 75% of major email platforms. It'll be straight deleted.
wrong see above
>lose fuckton of emails because of

don't get orange pi, software is fucking terrible most of the hardware on them isn't supported.

That's odd, my email server running on my orange pi is working nicely.

wrong place to ask, everyone here is larpers, better google it.

whoa thank you bob i'm on three more lists now asshole

cool? you're using like 5% of the hardware on the boards to run that..
the orange pi zero has 90% of the hardware not working, the wireless chip still doesn't work, years later.
it's pretty fucking sad...
of course simple shit that you do, works. the cpu works and the sd card reader works.

Its pretty fucking easy to find alternatives