>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose and graphics pairing
>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo

CPU
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - If you have a $2000+ budget and don't care that it'll be superseded by 7nm CPUs next year
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Wait for R7 3700X - Surely the best overall and not a massive disappointment like the 9900k
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti, but awful value.
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>NVMe are not for gaming; See "More"

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models.
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous
More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: 1496459267421.jpg (1280x890, 326K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/dPC7ZR
pcpartpicker.com/list/FRtKxG
pcpartpicker.com/list/jqK2ZR
pcpartpicker.com/list/pqYQMZ
benzhaomin.github.io/bdiefinder/
pcpartpicker.com/list/N3xbGG
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>pcpartpicker.com/list/dPC7ZR

I'm building this with savings money. Any ideas? I have about 6 grand to spend.

Corsair PSUs are firecrackers

There's no way that thing works.....

Why do you need a thread ripper and 128gb of ram

>There's no way that thing works

Attached: 1524242255679.png (403x448, 53K)

Is $1500 a good budget for a complete gaming build with monitor etc?

Yeah you should be able to get something fantastic with that.

Jow Forums browsing ofc
yes
like 1440p 60hz gaming or 1080p 144hz

Are there any single slot cards that ar faster than the Radeon HD7750? I know the 750ti exists and can run off the PCIe but most of them are dual slot and I want it to be sexy,

I still love having this card as a backup because it can game decently at 720p.

Attached: CardB.jpg (1024x606, 171K)

do PSUs with eco mode (like seasonic's focus gold plus series) turn the fan on when they reach a specific temp or when they reach a specific wattage?

Is 4k worth it?

no

If my case only has 2 intake fans+1 exhaust fan and the chassis is carpet, is it better to have the bottom mounted power supply fan pointing upwards inside the case or should I put it downwards so the fans point to the holes on the bottom of the case (but has no room to breath because of carpet)?

Attached: 70830380_p0.jpg (2332x2728, 980K)

not now
thanks based nvidia for the overpriced cards

What even is the purpose of this.

almost nothing properly supports 4k and it's too demanding to run for little visual gain up close. You're better off with 1080p@144Hz or ultrawide monitors.

just put windows 10 on my SSD for the first time because its all that would work on my new mobo

is there any way to read the files and recognize the drives (still in windows 7.1) on my regular HDDs?

Yes they will show up as hard drives not labeled C:/ but it will read the files on there fine.

Is the 2600x really worth compare to the 2600? Its like a 50 bucks bump. I game occasionally and mostly use my pc mainly for work, editing and some programming. Not interested in OC btw

ok so I've already restarted the PC and it hasn't picked up either of my two HDDs connected even though they show up in the BIOS menu

>1080p
But I thought 1080p is outdated now and the monitors that sell in that resolution are old models?

When is buying intel advised over current AMD?

144hz gaming

>not interested in OC
Then yes, 2600x is worth it

Shilling

So you are saying that AMD is better in every way from intel aside from gaming? Wow they came far pretty quick.

If you can get into windows then see what you have in discmanager. Normally they don't have an assigned drive thus dont show up in My Computer yet.

m8 buy the i9-9900k

I ran out of fan headers, besides getting a splitter how can I plug in more? Are there any USB case fans?
also want an answer to this

What else is new ?

Attached: 1522875153530.gif (280x302, 3.75M)

So if I have to get fast low timing ram with ryzen in order to get the most out of my processor, a good motherboard to properly support the ram speed/timing, and the price is close to Intel's CPU....what's the point of buying AMD?

How many fans did you link up?

moar cores for cheaper

it will matter in the long run

>Then yes, 2600x is worth it
Thanks but does the 2600x overheat easier? I heard that it overheats much more than the 2600.

1 for cpu cooler and 1 for exhaust fan
its a prebuilt

ah well I just reformatted it and its there now but I probably lost a load of saves and shit but whatever

What mobo is it?

Im not sure
why does this matter? Isnt there some USB fan I can use?

>what's the point of buying AMD?
Because intel is bad, jewish, CIA, greedy, muh K, started world war 2, etc

Just curious, perhaps it has an extra cpu fan header for example. A usb header would have too little power to support fans but there are switches that allow you to use a psu molex 4pin to power multiple fan headers.

>greedy, muh K
If it weren't for the bad ipc of the FX there would be literally no reason to buy a pre ryzen intel CPU, now that the ipc is pretty good, people have to come on here to justify purchasing an i7 by making threads about how good it is.

1500 is overkill if you're going with AMD and about 500 dollars short if intel/nvidia. but the AMD rig is going to have trouble reaching 60 at 1440p.

1060 6GB or 1070? 1080 for now, might go 1440p at some point in the future but I don't play particularly taxing games at all. Just wondering if it's worth paying an extra 60-70 for a preowned 1070 still under warranty for a card that might have longer life. I'm on a 7970 right now and have been for years. Upgraded every other part in my pc last year

Attached: 1510128560883.jpg (1280x720, 37K)

someone answer this

No, it's not. 2600x is dumb atm. Even 2600 with aftermarker cooler is better and cheaper

What's the difference in a $60 mobo and a $100 one? Assuming i'm getting a 2600 and run it at stock should I just get the cheapest b450, or does it affect temps etc even if I dont care about oc'ing

Not sure, it does run at a higher clock out of the box but also comes with a better cooler, which are the two reasons you would buy it. I have the 2600 because I have an aftermarket cooler for when I plan to OC

Damn who is right?

I never like the idea of OCing cause I like my pc to last.

Didn't see that there was new thread.

I ordered this Ultrasharp U2417. The ;) made me very skeptical but I received a perfect display. The monitor looks bad on the picture but thats just my old scratched 6S lens making it look like it has shitty contrast.

I'm pretty happy with this IPS panel for work and I use my 144hz VG248QE for gaming.

Thanks for the suggestion /pcbg/

Attached: us2.png (1144x1412, 935K)

Attached: 1534567603895.jpg (479x322, 25K)

Didn't receive an answer yesterday so trying again
I really love ryzen and want to maintain brand loyalty but no win 7 is a dealbreaker lel

Newfag here. I need help Jow Forums bros. I built my first PC, (I'll link part list), installed Win10 (yes, i know, my first mistake), but for some reason my MOBO only picks up the m.2 I have it installed on... sometimes? It flat out takes me almost 20 minutes just to get it started and so far only rebooting over and over again and being lucky works. Is there something I'm missing in the BIOS? Here's the part list: pcpartpicker.com/list/FRtKxG

1080 144hz is still more appealing than 1440 60hz even. 4k is not ready for prime time in gaming yet.

Imagine doing 60Hz gaming in 2018. I think I'd kill myself.

Posting from my less than 800 eurodollars costing new PC which I build today. I opted for an RX580 with an AMD 2600, 16gb of 3200 RAM and a B450 Bazooka MiniATX MB. Picking the parts and putting it all together for the first time was a lot of fun. PC is running like a charm. Thank you for all of your feedback and support /pcbg/.

Attached: 1522965617353.jpg (633x496, 160K)

>Bazooka
>These fucking board names
System still seems fire as fuck.

Attached: 65d.png (434x327, 32K)

>is it better to have the bottom mounted power supply fan pointing upwards inside the case or should I put it downwards
Put it to the back of your case?

What are some good 1080ti models? As opposed to the ones with the poor heatsinks and fans listed in the OP.

Attached: VGA crt monitor.jpg (750x736, 52K)

Quality?

yes you can install windows 7 with ryzen

Check ssd for errors?

EVGA SC/SC2 are good, have the SC and while my core clock doesn't OC much (1999mhz max 1093mV) the mem clock goes up to +740 stable before error correcting kicks in, which got me about 10-15fps over stock mem with the core OC in Unigine Valley. max temps in games at 1440p165hz are around 76-77c. and the SC is the cheapest option out of the good 1080tis.

Looking to get a GPU to pair with my i5 4590, 8gb of RAM system (will probably upgrade to a Ryzen 2600 in a few months or so). Looking at a 580 8gb for about 300€, is there any reason not to get it over the 1060 6gb? Also, what are some good models for both?

Attached: 40523308_2282186298731908_6099267758376091648_n.jpg (480x635, 35K)

Buy r7 2700x now or wait for zen3 architecture?
Rocking a i7 2600k atm so an upgrade isn't critical.

Attached: 1514487144194.jpg (1023x818, 147K)

i upgraded from a i7 2600 2 months ago to a 2700x, it's been a great improvement but if your shit is working i'd wait for Zen2 and get a 3700x

Guys I want another 10 years of cumfy Windows XP experience
pcpartpicker.com/list/jqK2ZR
pcpartpicker.com/list/pqYQMZ
Am I doing it right and which one seems better?

I do not game, just watching films, Office and shitposting

Even a 2600/X would be 2x the performance overall of what you currently have and is going to be a lot smoother. But if you can wait, may as well wait.

It's win7 which doesn't support Ryzen. MS wants you to use a new OS so makes things difficult in some ways. You'll have to download updates manually.

$60 motherboard generally don't have heatsinks, less fan headers, worse onboard audio, etc.
Why don't you compare the fucking features side by side?

Better for the price for real world gaming as well.
But if all you do is run offline game benchmarks with nothing running in the background, that's the one case where Intel is sometimes better for the price.

Tbh I'd love to wait for it, I know this is a tough question to ask; is there any speculation on the release date?

Like if it's somewhere in April I think i'd upgrade now, idk.

Attached: eJwFwdENhSAMAMBdGIBSkVLchiBBExVC-75e3N27v_nNy2zmUB2yAeynlD53K9pnbtW23ttV8zjFln5DVs3luOujAshpDXGhEL2L (503x506, 211K)

1H 2019.

It is expected in August and just FYI it is not Zen3 but Zen2.

I run Ryzen and Win7 fine, but you should keep in mind I never bothered with updating Windows but people online report to solve problems which exist during installing updates.

ehehehe fuck it dood just buy 2700x

>$60 motherboard generally don't have heatsinks, less fan headers, worse onboard audio, etc.
So $60 mobos overheat or what? Obviously there's no performance difference

>twice the performance
Neat, I just built my new 2600 system last night upgrading from a 2600k. Havent given it a real go yet, mostly just installing drivers and doing cable management.

I'd feel uncomfortable running a 2700X on a motherboard without VRM heatsinks.
At the very least, VRMs being hot reduces their efficiency so it wastes a few watts in waste.

There's really no point in using a board worse than the Bazooka or A-Pro. They are only around $75 and perfectly good boards which just lack a voltage offset option, better audio, and 4th fan header.

Make sure you uninstall old drivers and breadcrumbs if you didn't do a fresh Windows install.

I upgraded from a 2500k to a 1600X myself.
Wish I could have waited for Zen2, but I just couldn't.

What's a cheap motherboard that supports DDR3 and the Ryzen 2200G

Attached: 4.gif (500x710, 685K)

DS7H-Pro Ultra Gamer DDR3 edition

Can I get a link to it? Looking all over and I don't see anything

You can have a 3 way splitter on each fan headers if you wanted. 3 is well enough. For anything else there are hub controllers.
The audio is respectable.
No idea what the voltage offset does though.

is that a bomb?

honestly you could get away with going for an x470 board and a 2700x right now, then sell the 2700x for a minor loss and buy the 3700x when it comes out. really depends on how itchy your triggerfinger is. regardless, 2700x is a great cpu and well worth the money, especially for what it's priced at right now.

I've been happy with my gigabyte aorus, run it with fans on 100% because the noise doesnt bother me. Gets to about 55 degrees when not overclocked and up to 70 degrees when overclocked

Really don't recommend more than a single Y splitter per header, but it depends on how many amps your fans draw.

Doesn't exist. Dur.

>AMD
>better
They're not

AMD is cheaper and Intel is overpriced but faster

Benchmarks and metrics don't lie, so does your wallet

>Ryzen
>DDR3
For what fucking purpose.

I literally don't have enough money to buy DDR4 RAM

Attached: given up.jpg (595x595, 26K)

Get an A12-9800 or something if you're that poor.
Should be able to find it with board for under $75 afaik.
You'll get what you pay for.
Or sell your fucking DDR3.

Yeah tough luck but Ryzen needs fast RAM so you will intentionally bottle neck it with DDR3.

It pains me to know that someone went to the extent to make this picture.

can someone find me a good around 500$ laptop that would be compatible with running Qubes OS?

>sell your fucking DDR3.
do people buy it?

desu i use 2666 and it werks great. Wouldn't go 2400 or lower though.

>Budget
$500 Dollars.

>Uses
WoW.

>Monitor
I already got one, pretty good.

According to the list, I think I should get the R3 2200G for CPU, 8GB of RAM (though idk that to buy), GTX 1060 6GB, and as for storage idk. I'm not tech savvy so could you anons help? A while back I was just recommended to get an office computer and replace its graphics card. Also, I've had pretty shitty experiences with AMD, so I'm a bit cautious there.

is it true, a decent i5 is really all you need for a gaming build?

Anyone that could give me some advice on what RAM to pick with a R7 2700x? I don't know too much about the whole b-die samsung ram.

As far as I understood Ryzen works best with certain timings/samsung chip?

Attached: 1490670545129.jpg (544x841, 159K)

benzhaomin.github.io/bdiefinder/

Look for a MSI B450 Tomahawk.
2x4GB RAM, any brand is good, the faster the better.
For storage look for WD Blue HDDs, and for SSDs 860 EVO or MX500.

pcpartpicker.com/list/N3xbGG

Opinions on this? Its for streaming/playing new games at 1080p 4K bitrate 60fps. Also 144hz monitor for Dota/CS:GO

Samsung B-die is any 3200 CL14 kit. No other kit can run that fast on XMP profiles.
So just get the cheapest 3200 CL14 kit.

Ryzen 5 is better overall, unless you use your PC as a glorified console and don't have anything running in the background.

Why not just get a 2400G and save another $100 if WoW is all you play?
Blizzard has been updating it for DX12.
As for storage, cheapest 480Gb or larger 3D SLC/MLC NAND SSD. Probably going to be Silicon Power S55.
>A while back I was just recommended to get an office computer and replace its graphics card
That's fine too. Like a Haswell i7 and add a better PSU or GPU.
Don't recommend 4 threads unless it's some $300 PC.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/N3xbGG
Shitty cooler choice. Get an Artic 33 or something.
Your RAM isn't going to run at that speed with 4 DIMMs. 3600 CL18 is pretty slow, too.
How'd you fuck up so bad with the SSD choice? $466 for 512Gb. Wtf.
Shitty case choice without dust filters.

Remove the 212 EVO, stock heatsink is better.
Get a 860 EVO, avoid the 840.
Avoid seagate HDDs.
Remove windows and download the ISO instead.

>$500 512GB SSD

i swear you can pick up an 1TB 860 evo for $166