When will the flat-design meme die?

When will the flat-design meme die?

It's been around as long as the skeuomorphic meme.

Attached: flat.png (1255x588, 577K)

what's the next development, though?

2016 is the best

maybe we'll go back to monochrome, and the cycle starts over again

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1080x720, 66K)

i miss it too. ios6 and android 4.4.4 was the peakpoint. also dont forget muh minimalism amd excessive padding/whitespace and low information density

iOS6 is best iOS. Embarrassing how Apple has failed to improve on it.

It will never die. And it's not a meme retard. They design it bc future is AR/VR.

We need to go back

Attached: 1529078197106.png (514x362, 65K)

Some skeumorphic designs could be quite comfy if done right, especially on a closed, non-customize-able device like the iDevices.

An industrial taste-maker like Jony Ive shouldn't been let in charge of UI design. I blame Tim Cook for giving him too much power than what he deserves or needs. The post-iOS 6 FisherPrice color palette still makes my eyes bleed.

Attached: skeumorphism.png (1485x1008, 1.47M)

>all that needless whitepoint that bleeds the battery

And I thought Apple was environmentally friendly.

>MGA on an AT
Why would you do such a thing?

Attached: IMG_20181027_212443.jpg (2560x1920, 2.82M)

skeuomorphism has been around for like 15 years

Attached: file.png (1302x725, 1.02M)

It's all because TVfags.
They advertise their TV's based on how much more vibrant their panels are compared to the competition.
Apple once again prove to be a follower.

S O U L E S S

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 132K)

>forget to change the main menu font from the default sans-serif
>ship it anyway

This is better than all the gamecube/Wii titles that shipped with that goddamn awful system font for everything.

no user interface, it does what siri thinks you want to do at the moment

It's already sort of dying. Material design is growing pervasive as a vague bridge between the two. It's not excellent, but the core principles are sound, and I'm confident it will become something great in the future.

Flat will probably stick around but more textured things will take over the current basic solid colour trend. Think light frosted glass instead of grey shade transparency.

not for many years sadly, since their has been an increase in mentally disabled creatures in the us, from the influx of spics and niggers, etc, they find it appealing since they have mental disability and those type typically like the look.

When zoomers start taking over interface Dev.

What a time it was

I had the same feeling. Introducing modern menu design inside highly stylized games doesn't meld well. Like remember how much better the Wind Waker menu? Who gives a shit about modern design in a video game menu? Why remove all the colors and art?

Will everything become wood grain?

We need to go back

Attached: skeuomorphic-11_large.jpg (528x457, 44K)

Ray traced 3D on everything. Turn your phone a certain angle and you can see different options within the environment

Nvidia phones when?

Attached: 7b80627844242aebbf4e6cb4cd71afee270eb060_full.jpg (184x184, 6K)

Guessing it has something to do with them wanting to distance themselves from Wii U. Like how it wasn't even announced or shown off that it had a touch screen for a while. Or maybe there was some sort of internal design document to suggest against big touch screen elements so they wouldn't have to make it work in docked mode separately.

I love flat design. Its clean. No need to make icons and graphics more complex. It was fun when Windows XP came out because wow look at those incredivle graphics but now we can prioritize function and cleanliness

Didn't the Amazon fire phone kinda do that, but without ray tracing?