Why are new phones so shitty? E.g., stupid notches on top, missing headphone jacks, hard-to-replace batteries, etc

Why are new phones so shitty? E.g., stupid notches on top, missing headphone jacks, hard-to-replace batteries, etc.

Attached: phone-with-horrible-notch.png (220x335, 74K)

So that you keep buying new ones

because people will line up for blocks to buy them. If I could shit on a plate and people would preorder it for $1100 why would I go through the effort of serving them real food ever again?
not saying I agree with this, but as long as normalfags will line up to replace their 10 month old phone there is 0 reason for phones to be better

Attached: pg8ml04mz11y.png (800x1182, 443K)

The only one of those trends that's actually true for the majority is the batteries, which sucks but I guess they want you to RMA instead of replacing your battery

this desu

phones should be biodegradable

Don't worry, Samsung is -literally- going to fix everything with the Galaxy S10.

Attached: 1539464964236.jpg (603x470, 43K)

G A L A X Y

S10

Because people buy them
I am considering to getting a flip phone and a mp3 player

I hope it lives up to the expectations.

Can someone explain to me why notches are bad, as long as the UI is made to properly accommodate for them? You would always have a status bar up there either way, so does it really make a difference?

Neutered software/root/no bootloader unlock

$2000 base model.

who the fuck cares about root anymore? It's not 2012.

They're just fucking ugly from an aesthetic standpoint.

I had a Galaxy Note 5 before and accidentally cracked the screen, but the battery has been dropping to 0% in an instant lately anyways. Repairs would be $250+ while buying the same phone again would be $200. Instead, I got an LG V20 which is a similar setup, but has a removable SD card and battery for the same cost. Phones in the last two or so years don't have any new features that I care about.

Fuckin NPCs ruin everything

Fox_and_Grapes.png

All smartphones are shitty

Because cell phones cause brain damage and sterility, and they know you're stupid cattle that'll keep buying them no matter they do.

Imagine kicking a man in the balls everyday and having him gladly, and often glib to any criticism, pay you to do it.

>brain damage and sterility

Why isn't this widespread in society then.

It is.

This, unfortunately.

I doubt it. That rumored budget model won't be more expensive than the XR, and I think only that 5G version might approach 2k but nobody's gonna fucking buy it.

Bloat, proper adblock, proper customization

>bloat
use adb to uninstall
>proper adblock
AdHell is samsung only and better than adaway
>proper customization
download themes and a new launcher wow so complicated

Nah the base won’t be $2000. Maybe that rumored limited edition 5G S10 will.

There are rumors that the S10 will lack a headphone jack.

Because retarded fucks are entrapped in Apple's user accounts and lease $500 phones even though they could be using $50 phones they can actually afford.

Where? Where are all the reports of various illnesses being linked to smartphone radiation?

>use adb to uninstall
Some devices have read only ADB permissions/
>AdHell is samsung only and better than adaway
Blokada exists as well and I'm all for it (FOSS as well).
>download themes and a new launcher wow so complicated
He forgot to mention actual reasons. Just by changing icon packs and themes, you're not going to replace the Samsung Experience and increase the fluidity of your device (not that Exynos SoCs are helping anything here). OEM firmwares are also proprietary and if underlying vulnerabilities/security holes are discovered, you're out of luck. Also, virtually as many software updates as you'd likely use your phone for (buying or worse yet financing a new expensive smartphone just for software updates isn't a smart financial decision). Not that the S10 is predetermined to be locked down. We'll see.

Most people don't keep a phone long enough to see a noticable battery degradation. Only people who care about replaceable battery are autistic neets and poorfags. And companies don't care about them for obvious reasons.

I HATE when my iPhone kicks me in the balls

>why it isnt widespread

umm sweatie

Attached: onionbasedbois.jpg (809x853, 151K)

>t. American buying cuckdragon variant

>Why are all these features that the average consumer don't care about and take up large amount of space in a smartphone getting removed?
Because the Jow Forums autist is a surprisingly small market.

Why should someone have to go out of their way to buy a variant of a smartphone, just to get a usable version of it? You're the same autists sperging out cause Apple uses different modems in their phones but accept the fact the Samsung literally uses different CPU's in their phone.

It's because Apple did it. If you can copy what Apple does, you can be profitable.

Attached: uoifgv7id46ds6ed85.jpg (474x432, 17K)

is it true it will truly be bezel less with a camera behind a screen