144hz is a meme

Remember a decade ago when everyone understood that the human eye couldn't see above 60hz?

How has this generation become so easily manipulated and separated from their money by the marketing jew?

Attached: download.png (225x225, 1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blurbusters.com/blur-busters-law-amazing-journey-to-future-1000hz-displays-with-blurfree-sample-and-hold/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Jews

We're not disparaging jews today, goy.

Or your a visually impaired retard who looks at screen all day in his parent's house shit posting with your 480p ThinkPad.

>your a

Retard detected

this reads as someone that has not used a 60Hz and 120+Hz side by side

I have a 144. I can tell when I switch the refresh rate in the monitor settings.

144 is reall stupid btw

120hz should be standard high framerate since it divides into all major video framerates: 24/30/60 fps

iPad Pros use 120hz

Placebo is a powerful thing.

Everyone pretty much universally used to understand that over 60hz was a meme. What changed?

Attached: p8w4iwm24dyz.jpg (841x785, 44K)

diminishing returns

I have a 60hz monitor next to a 120hz monitor.
I can move my mouse across the two screens and immediately notice a difference.

Haha you could see the difference 20 years ago, where have you been?

acktchually the human eye can't see more than 24hz

this

240hz should be the standard vertical refresh rate, since it is a multiple of most of the currently popular refresh rates: 24/30/60/120fps.

It's only noticeable during extremely fast movement. Monitor manufacturers need features to use as selling points for new monitors, and high refresh is something that sells monitors to the gaming crowd.
>I am a serious CS-GO player and I can absolutely tell the difference it's incredibly important in the competitive world

120hz is a must. Everything above is cool if you can afford it but not necessary

Attached: 1523849149615.jpg (1000x800, 57K)

ITS NOT ABOUT REFRESH RATE
ITS ABOUT MOVING PIXEL RESPONSE TIME U RETARDS THAT BENEFITS FROM HIGH REFRESH RATE

blurbusters.com/blur-busters-law-amazing-journey-to-future-1000hz-displays-with-blurfree-sample-and-hold/

no... Before LCDs people used over 60Hz all the time(most people actually used 75-100Hz with CRTs). LCDs came along and over 60Hz was just too costly to use. Just because you are so young that you grew up with console gamers claiming it, doesn't make it true.

shit bait

Attached: lesmugpug.png (315x400, 494K)

anime panning sucks at 60hz

all i know is somehow increasing video screen resolution technology is celebrated but try doing the same with a 30 year old digital audio format and you get labeled as a crazy person

[pic related]

Attached: tenor (2).gif (135x90, 24K)

>Remember a decade ago when everyone understood that the human eye couldn't see above 60hz?

Remember decades ago when everyone understood smoking had no health concerns?

Remember decades ago when everyone understood nothing about climate change?

Understanding about things change. You can stay on your extinct 60fps, but like how smoking kills, and climate change is influenced by man, 144hz has been proven to be much better than 6fps.

Go see an optometrist (that's an eye doctor). I understand if you can afford one if you're American though.

Attached: Predator 1440p 144hz IPS 4ms.jpg (2500x2500, 288K)

This /thread

60fps*
can't afford*

my bad

As someone who plays shooters like CSGO, Battlefield, etc, regularly, the difference between 60hz and 144hz is VERY obvious to the eye at first glance.

how about between 144hz and 240hz?

>Remember decades ago when everyone understood nothing about climate change?

yeah and it was paradise, you autistic enviro fucks have made existence intolerable

nice bait

shit bait.

if you can't tell the difference you're either not hitting the frames or you're just retarded
it doesn't warrant the price hike
but there's certainly a difference in high motion

I think if you are going to upgrade from 60Hz go 144Hz. It is not worth it to go from 120Hz to 144Hz due to Weber's Law.

>ignorance is paradise

dumb fuck, please kill yourself

From 60-75hz: not much of a difference
60/75-120/144: massive, super upgrade
120-144: not too noticable
144-240: noticable in certain circumstances, not worth the price difference Imo, especially if your hardware cannot reach the desired framerate.
Gsync/freesync: big meme, screen tears are not noticable on 144hz and above unless you drop frames
Fuck all you dumbass baiters saying there's no difference. Refresh rate is a way bigger upgrade than resolution past 1080p, also with 1ms response time, using applications of any kind feels much better

Where is my "Date Rapist" branded gamer monitor?

based

Attached: lady bone.jpg (600x828, 42K)

just sync your eyes to the monitor, bro

Sorry that English was my 4th language and still not completely fluent yet.

?

AMDniggers are salty because their meme CPUs won't do 144Hz.

You can't call testing and switching between 60 and 144 and getting the result right every time "placebo".

1440p 165hz really is the golden way

Attached: c30b0c2d-b0fe-4f37-90a6-d38b36990074.gif (240x374, 66K)

>not 4K 240Hz

Stay poor.

60Hz has never been a thing related to the human eye.
It's a legacy thing from the time of CRTs, as they synced on the power frequency, it was either 50Hz or 60Hz, that's also why movies are 24.9 or 29.9 FPS, (the decimal is related to TV legacy reasons as well).
Went over to early computer monitors like the 5051 that ran at 50Hz or 60Hz depending on the power, afterwards to CGA, EGA and then to VGA, we stopped using CRTs but kept using (S)VGA and it's spec resolutions/frequencies with LCDs and other flatpanels too, so we sticked to 60Hz, after we switched to DVI and related, we kept the standard resolutions because our screens were built to (S)VGA spec. Etc, etc.

All in all, more is mostly always better.
There is no jew to trick you, when you can go to any tech store, tell the salesman to fuck off and just try and test things yourself. I usually buy shit for testing as we have a no questions asked 14 day return.

Attached: 1508412958180.png (543x525, 239K)

>golden way
More like a golden rain.
God, you /v/ memers are so pathetic, it's just hilarious.

Oh i tip my fedora to you my good sir!

Whatever, /v/irgin.

>human eye can't see above 60hz
human eye can't see above 24hz, you dingus
anything above is jew tricks

it helps if you don't like motion blur.

Remember five hundred decades ago when everyone understood that the Earth was flat?

It seems that in Antiquity the belief was actually that the Earth was round, but in the Middle Ages this belief lost traction because of Christian dogma derived from the things written in the Hebrew Bible.

>retard newfags falling for bait

it's always the jews.

human eyes can see above 1000hz or even above 10khz u retard

People had been using multisync crt monitors for a long time and preferred higher refresh rates for good reason. the difference between 60 and 75 fps is immediately obvious, let alone 60 and 120. If you couldn't tell the difference, you were blind.

144hz screens came out