Tesla Owner Tries new Autopilot

This video is awesome, can't wait for vehicles to be more software and computer based.
youtube.com/watch?v=wR6-Dt6z2Ic

This looks fucking legit Jow Forums, what do you think?

youtube.com/watch?v=IkSw2SZQENU

Attached: esla--e1540615593773.jpg (1600x800, 110K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jOPYpD1Knpw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nother video, seeing cars becoming more tech-like is awesome. Want to custom watercool the computer in these and overclock it

Get out Elon, go masturbate to your chinese cartoons.

why do you hate anime?

Attached: DqZ2s59XQAEmgKU.jpg (764x824, 123K)

Teslas are pretty cool. Oil changes and cooling system flushes are getting really old. Too bad Elon is such a shit bag.

good with the bad

>This video is awesome, can't wait for vehicles to be more software and computer based.

Other way around fag

what are you talkin about?

>no manual transmission option

You couldnt even shift it fast enough if it were even capable of having a manual transmission

why would you want to? I can't wait till normal cars become the new horse.

Attached: oJeEe.jpg (613x938, 77K)

>there are still people who don't like driving
Whats wrong with you all?

Um there are cars that absolutely smoke a Tesla with manuals, for example: 918 Spyder

I like driving on certain roads. Empty, curving, no stops. A stop-light heavy road with bunch of retail nearby or stop and go I'd rather turn on autodrive.

Also when FSD happens, who knows when, it means delivery prices plummet and you could cheaply order food without paying delivery price or tip.

I gotta say can't wait for cars to become fully automated. Gonna stick my mom in one the day they become feasible. She's still working in her old age and she always tells me how bad the long drive is.

>All parts of driving are equally enjoyable

>Flappy paddle double-clutch
''''manual''''

They are. I'd happily retain full control of my vehicle in gridlock, or cruise mindlessly down the desolate trashfire highways of Indiana.
Dependence isn't a habit you should take lightly, user.

50 years from now no one is going to know how to drive. Everyone will have spent their lives never getting practical experience. Simplistic road maneuvers will scare them so they'll opt out. A society full of neutered retards who totally lack independence isn't the future I want to see.

It would be nice to get some work done while I have the cruise set on I-80 going through fly-over country.
>inb4 fly
Get fucked. I'm not paying $200 to be treated like shit by the TSA and every employee of the airline. Want a cheese burger after you get through the checkpoint? That'll be $30.

>A society full of neutered retards who totally lack independence isn't the future I want to see.
Most people are already completely car-dependent. We're already there.

>desolate trashfire highways of Indiana.
Driving across Kansas is like traveling through the cursed earth. This is what tax cuts for businesses do to your state.

they will all play VR sims though. Wouldn't be surprised if they are still good drivers

I'm pretty committed to never flying again too. I just had a vacation in an Island off of Maine, drove up the whole east coast to get there. Still better than flying by a long shot. Connecticut has some pretty fucking aesthetic scenery.

People aren't car dependent. You can ride a bike, ride a bus. There are other modes of transport besides cars. Having your own car gives you a level of autonomy that you cannot otherwise match without one. Its an appliance that liberates you, unironically one of the best things to ever fall into the hands of the common man.

Kansas is pretty bad for some stretches. Indiana and Ohio are the most depressing places I've seen in the country though. They have fairly well maintained road surfaces, nice wide lanes, theres farm country all around, but no matter where you look theres just fucking trash on every square inch of shoulder. Every median. Every sidewalk. You notices the trash and filth everywhere then its like someone took the saturation and turned it down, sucking all the color out of the greenery. Its lifeless and depressing. If I had to live in Ohio I'd shoot myself. Jesus.

I'm with this user, I like all kinds of driving. Auto pilot is not for me, I don't even like being a passenger. Plus most of the roads I drive on the teslas are down right dangerous in auto pilot.
youtu.be/jOPYpD1Knpw

I want a model 3 so bad and I have no problem affording one.

The problem is I can't afford a $400k single family home with a garage to charge the car.

>The problem is I can't afford a $400k single family home with a garage to charge the car.
This. A place to charge at night would be necessary. Also, I'm not buying brand new car just to get door dinged and have trash thrown on it in my shitty apartment complex parking lot.

Isn't the auto pilot thing still in beta?

>overclock car
>driving in highway
>kernelpanics and autopilot slams on the brakes
>semi behind you crashes into your car

I've never thought about ICE cars with any interest. For some reason EV's make me want to customize the fuck out of them. Wonder what the difference is, maybe it's the simplicity and more relation to PCs.

what does beta even mean in this context? Are they going to be responsible for crashes due to auto-pilot if it comes out of beta?

It means you can't turn it on and proceed to watch netflix on your phone because you still have to sit there and intervene if it decides to swerve into oncoming traffic.

Can't wait for human driving to be illegal

Attached: 4c_banner.png (457x153, 137K)

This post reads really blatantly like a paid shill

still cool though

nope. FSD maybe but driving assistance is meant to be watched the entire time. Right now they are compute limited. Meaning they have better Neural networks internally but the nvidia hardware they have is due for an uprade. The computer is actually on the passenger seat side and in teardowns you can see the designed to pull out easily for replacement. Basically they plan to use their own designed chip which is scheduled for 2019 and just have people come in for a swap out. At that point we'd be able to see how good their software really is.

This is nice for on-the-road capability but the real sign of how good they are is coming with the third hardware upgrade. HW3.

By the time I can afford any Tesla or a home, I'll be too old to enjoy them. The wealth sure is trickling down.

picture of HW2 I believe

Attached: tesla-nvidia-computer.jpg (1600x640, 169K)

Boomers out there are driving the safest car and they don't even know how it works.

I didn't think boomers would be receptive to electric cars at all.

Nothing new

VW concern, BMW, Mercedes and Volvo had these technology for few years now.

Also all these cars are better looking and more comfortable

And 5 generations behind

Somehow VW will find a way to make it difficult to work on

Yeah that's a part of the issue with uptake

If you're renting you can't just install a charger, and even if you do you're forking over $ for a place that isn't yours

And you need permission and not all places even have a car park for you

I drive so little that i could just run an extension cord on the weekend and charge it, can't afford a Tesla but i'd love an EV just to avoid these stupid services

God i love that dash

I know it's a hate/love relationship but a nice crisp screen showing maps and that is nice to me

Do you even know where you are?

So if there are 4 people in the middle of the road will the software run them down to save the driver or swerve and kill the driver to save the 4 people?

Under almost any circumstances it would know there was an obstruction in the road and slow down in time to stop. In any other circumstance it would apply emergency braking, swerving is never advisable since its more likely to go off the road.

you mean adaptive cruise?

None of those do offramp, interchange, and on ramp . This is on-ramp to off-ramp including interchanges.

People get weird about these hypotheticals. I doubt even in millions upon millions of miles you would experience a choice of who to kill. It seems a bit silly of an example. I've never heard a driver talk about having to choose which person to cash into.

No, you're autistic

so that's why

did he die?

Does this shit understand proper passing?
Never pass on the right, stay in the right lane if there's no one to pass.

When the driver uses the turn signal to tell the car to turn, does it instantly turn on its signal or does it wait for a space to open up, so that drivers behind you don't get caught flat-footed by some moron who's apparently missed them in his blind spot?

How does it handle variable speed limits? Not every place has one limit at all times. Is it aware of speed limit signs?

I personally am in favor of just outright banning cars in large cities.
The average speed limit is so low that small car-like electric vehicles, as well as bikes, could take over the massive amounts of space currently consumed by cars with room to spare and allow most of the parking spaces that currently consume fuckloads of a city's surface to be instead used for housing, which in turn will massively drive down rents.

How so?

Wasn’t Audi the first to have a level 3 automated car for sale?

At least Audi has a multimedia control scheme that isn't basically GIMP in a car.

Their dual-dial control scheme is just fucking beautiful.

I don't see how could one buy tesla instead of Mercedes, Audi or BMW

I mean, it's a pretty nice prototype project.
It paves the way for proper cars to also go autonomous and electric.

I see it like I viewed the iPad: Let it catch on among the poor schmucks, so that I can profit from Microsoft doing the kind of tablet that I actually want.

You're thinking about this all wrong. High population density by all observable metrics is objectively bad for people. Theres more mental illness, more respiratory issues, more strokes, not to mention all the developmental and behavioral issues with hypersocialization. You don't want to build more housing in cities. Cities should be centers of business and manufacturing with zero housing inside.

Limiting a person's ability to drive in a city isn't solving anything. Its just strange.

Honestly i see car renting/subscriptions becoming the norm

Few of the higher brands have it

Audi for example is $1395/month and you get 5 cars to chose from, unlimited miles, insurance and maintenance included and you can switch cars 2 times a month

You can get this for same price as Tesla

Attached: volvo-xc90-excellence-lounge-620x400.jpg (620x400, 64K)

I think Chevy was fighting pretty hard to get the legal basis for subscription ownership laid out not too long ago. I think its the likely conclusion to this path we're going down.
Maybe a couple decades from now no one will buy a new car. You'll just pay a fee for the ability to access a self driving car. Then in the following decade retarded faggots will demand that it be called a right, and everyone will be taxed to provide this service to the dregs of society.

>Buying audi

>Limiting a person's ability to drive in a city isn't solving anything. Its just strange.
That's the thing though: They wouldn't be limited, because cars are, on average, slowed down by the fuckloads of traffic that exist.
Smaller car types with lower max speeds would actually increase traffic speeds, paradoxically.
You'd also have cleaner air if they are all electric.

I do agree that cities are shit and I actually anticipate that people will soon flee the cities and start living in rural areas again, thanks to the internet, but that might be a long way off, especially for people in lower income areas of cities.

I just wish we had shit like cinema, adult education (e.g. language courses) and good spoorts (e.g. martial arts with good trainers) in my village or close to it. Instead I need to fucking waste hours on travel if I want any of this.
Maybe it will come back once people come back to the rural areas. Or it will not be fixed because no one is leaving their homes anymore.

Althrou Tesla is not leading in autonomous technology.

However they did great job with electric engine

See Audis basically makes you a sandnigger in the eyes of the public, but they certainly are the only manufacturer who knows anything about digital UX.

yeah that's probably they way

subscription or a alteration on leases basically.

I mean if toyota did it but with maybe 3 cars and you can only change every 12 months or something for a lower price it would be pretty popular

the thing i like about electric cars is how simple and cheap the electric motor is compared to icm. Owning a car in the future will be much cheaper, you wont need to do dumb maintanence each year, repair oil leaks and other retarded shit

Audi > others

Attached: images (2).jpg (275x183, 12K)

Have they fixed the bug where the car tries to steer into the barrier?
I love it when software updates to my car kill me.

a hypercar smokes a tesla?
CALL ME SUPRISED
whats next? mclaren p1 and laferrari are faster too?
WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF THAT

plus dsg gearbox arent manual they have an optional MANUAL system but for the better part of their lives they are driven in automatic

its a well known fact that tesla chose amd after the nvidia fiasco

If it doesn't have a clutch operated by the driver it isn't manual
Also, the tesla is slow as fuck at high speed and can't go around a corner

no hypercars are manual

People can't shift fast enough to not cause any issues, they're all dual clutch gearboxes and just give you the illusion you're in control with paddles

>still having to touch the steering wheel
Call me when I can literally sit in the backseat while the car drives me to the place where I told it to using a phone interface/voice recognition.

Attached: 1392011828136.png (556x837, 332K)

the clutch on dsg isnt even operated by someone or something its purely mechanical since the moment you choose a gear the next upshift and downshift is already selected

plus you know there is also konigsegggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg regeral with its direct drive
dsg's and the likes of them are purely mechanical in terms of selecting the gears the clutch is basicly just a carbon fiber bait inside the gears

A stock BRZ is faster around the Hurrrdurrr ring than any Tesla since none of them can steer. Fast can mean many different things.
Super cars and hyper cars can match and even surpass Teslas when it comes to 0-60 times, but they can also corner, and don't have panel gap issues, rattling windows, and the host of other problems associated with Tesla's lack of QC.

I've never heard anything about Tesla using AMD hard ware.
In the automotive market the main competition Nvidia has is Qualcomm. Tesla announced they were designing their own chip for ML to replace their Nvidia systems though. Not sure where you got AMD from.

the driver assistance of the vw group is nothing more than a glorified cruise control

that's mostly for legal reasons I bet

tesla is a sedan its kinda stupid to compare it with a coupe..
you could say that about giulia quadrifoglio which is a monster anyway

few months after kevin sorbo aka jim keller went to tesla i think it was the tesla cfo that said that they were working with amd

>Want a cheese burger after you get through the checkpoint? That'll be $30.
I dunno man I had a Philly Cheesesteak burger w/ fries, mac and cheese and a beer at TGI Fridays in DFW and was completely amazed I only spent 17 bucks.
(and no I almost never eat like that and am actually an underweight skelly)

I cant wait for software to brick middle of driving and causes crashes and watch tesla blame it on user.

Designed in California at it again! MA LGBT PRIDE technology!

its the same reason as to why they have to install a bell inside every high speed train that is enabled at random times and you need to press the button otherwise the train will go into emergency stop

Beats the purpose, doesn't it?
In fact, trains should be purely 100% automatized. It's almost 2020.

Attached: 1540435921677.jpg (640x632, 31K)

Driving through Kansas was the only time in my life I ever had a gun pulled on me.
That said Topeka is nice, a lot nicer than my Texas shithole town of comparable size.

no not untill there is a system that is proven to be capable to handle such a thing
not even the atc of japan is hell the derailment of the shinkansen back in kunamoto earthquake was caused because the internal program thought the train was speeding up due to the ground accel and released the brakes the conductor slammed

Top end teslas also make 1000Nm. WHy does being a sedan matter anyway?

because when you weight as much as mars you tend to have worse cornering speed
vs
cars that actually have downforce instead of weight

>50 years from now no one is going to know how to drive. Everyone will have spent their lives never getting practical experience. Simplistic road maneuvers will scare them so they'll opt out. A society full of neutered retards who totally lack independence isn't the future I want to see.

Imagine living in the 20's and complaining about cars and that nobody is going to know how to ride horses just because of those newfangled car thingies. Shut the fuck up. Society advances.

Attached: db4.jpg (495x362, 17K)

>This looks fucking legit Jow Forums, what do you think?
take my clutch pedal and my internal combustion from my cold, dead hands

t. /o/

People when from riding horses, or riding in carriages, to horseless carriages, cars.
They were still in control, but they gained something objectively better than the prior tool.

A self driving car where the occupant has no idea how to operate the car isn't an upgrade. We're not moving from cars to flying cars. We're going from personal independence and autonomy to being a mindless retard driven around by AI nanny because driving is too scary.

I don't want this, but in the back of my mind I'm looking forward to the drama around the first big crash caused by completely self driving cars.

Attached: 1477677119246.jpg (500x375, 340K)

so you mean the drivers version of wall-e?

But driving IS too scary for most people. People genrally just suck at driving, period. I would gladly sacrifice my satisfaction of driving for the increase of safety (from the other retard drivers)

You have ZERO IDEA how human technological progression works. Humans are slothful, they want to continue being lazy. Why did we create the drill? Why cant we just hammer shit in with stones? Why do we make arm-rests, why did we move from horses in carriages to cars? Because it's easier. People want things to be easier. Self driving cars removes hassle, that's ALL people wan't. Easier, comfier living.

Attached: cringe.jpg (399x322, 25K)

What's your point? No one is saying that the Tesla isn't fast in a straight line, but
>it has shit endurance
>it can't corner
>terrible range
>build quality it poor compared to similarly priced cars
Too many people ignore these things when boasting about the tesla
>b-but it's just a family sedan
So is this

Attached: abec74abd5bcd9e1f4ea8781bf0b4ba9519ca7de.jpg (1024x576, 130K)

Driving is only scary for people that don't have behind the wheel practice. People get the fuck over fear, fear isn't something people should base their lives around.
If you want safety drive a car with good IIHS crash test ratings. Crashing at moderate speed isn't that bad unless you're in a piece of shit.

You sound like a NEET excusing personal failures.

I just wonder if it will insist on driving on the same lane continuously in countries where you are supposed to drive as far right as possible.
Also, in those countries it's illegal to pass on the right.

nigga there is only one sedan people should care about

plus i was talking that comparing a COUPE with a sedan while talking about nurburgring times is useless

Attached: alfa-romeo-giulia-quadrifoglio-primo-contatto_33.jpg (1600x1067, 246K)

>Driving is only scary for people that don't have behind the wheel practice.
Not being scared of driving means a dire lack of self-awareness.
You are flying down roads at incomprehensible (for a human mind) speeds, at various states of distraction and only survive because you are lucky enough that no one else is trying to swat a bee while on the opposite lane of yours, or cutting you off on a priority road because they've been fiddling with the car's giant ass touch screen for minutes.

It's fucking scary how no one does their duty in actually fucking being mentally present while they are throwing their masses of murder metals to their destinations.