Plz turn off adblock

How many of you click back & never return when faced with this?

They honestly think I'm going to turn it off when I can always find the same info on another site?

Attached: curious.jpg (741x346, 49K)

Journalists that make their money showing ads while reviewing games are cancer anyway, fuck them.

My thoughts exactly.

>allowing 1st party js in 2018

>disables js
nothin personnel kiddo

only if they ask me nicely and dont block off the whole page

>yurogaymer

Appreciate the adblock times on the internet you still have left. Soon every website will have coin miners in the background mining your cpu to generate the income they lost from people using ad block.

I don't have an adblocker so no

>not blocking the coin miners

There's ad-blocker-blocker-blockers now

>CSS breaks

There's ad-blocker-blocker-blocker-blockers now

>How many of you click back & never return when faced with this?
I have Icecat with LibreJS enabled for sites like these.

Ublock doesn't have this problem

Fucking idiot.
That's not how they money.
They are being paid for their reviews by the industry. They deceive you into buying shit products.
They are selling good reviews no matter what you do with your adblocker.

Also, if your whole business plan is ruined by a browser addon, got back to sucking dick for money, because your are too retard for business.

Yeah good luck with that. Screenshot this post. In the future of websites, to generate more revenue and combat the use of ad blockers most websites will have a miner in the background, just asking a little more extra of your CPU.

I just right click the warning and block it with uBlock

Just block the ad-blocker-blocker-blocker-blockers

They can't if you block it. The most they will be able to do is deny loading vital parts of the page to make it unusable, in which case, just leave and don't come back unless they change it back.

This. It's not our job to ensure their ads load properly. It's their job, so if they don't like it, they can either figure out a solution, or rot away like all the other sites that died from using an ineffective, tired business model.

>That's not how they money.
>They are being paid for their reviews by the industry. They deceive you into buying shit products.
Literally this

Every time. Every single time.
The only site I ever whitelisted was Jow Forums because of how unnoticable and "normal" the ads were (jlist) but that stopped being true ever since the gook jew took over.
Fuck you gook jew.

In that case they'll just make ad-blocker-blocker-blocker-blocker-blocker-blockers

Every time.
If you want to host a service, and you decide to pay someone else to host it, then the responsibility is on you to pay the host.

People somehow did this shit in the 90's and prices have only plummeted since.
You can practically host a dynamic service out of your home today, which may as well count as free since you're paying for electricity and internet anyway.
>but I don't know how to set that up!
Hire someone for a 1 time cost vs paying someone else to host it every month

>The only site I ever whitelisted w

Every time I whitelist a site and reload it, there are flickering flashing fucking annoying ads. What is so hard for them to understand about that? Are they all autistic shitheads who think that works? Even sites like the New Yorker, which are supposedly chock full of smart people have that crap.

And there's the new thing, unrelated, where as soon as you move your mouse to leave a site a huge piece of shit pops up DON'T YOU WANT TO SUBSCRIBE!!!!, as if some 12 year old youtube shithead is in charge.

I think they're more concerned in paying for offices and writers than hosting (which is a tiny amount in comparison).
But like said, advertisements are so terrible these days and carry all kind of malware and tracking that it's not worth it. I leave the page right away.

>justifying stealing
kys

Makes sense. I can't appreciate people trying to make a profit off of a hobby though.
People will write about anything in autistic detail for free regardless.
The fact that they're supported by ads alone should be indicative of their lack of merit.
No product, no actual service. They literally get paid based on how many people look at their site, whether they like the content or not. Whether they're human or not too most likely (crawlers and shit). It's a pretty bad system imo.

I like seeing donation services like Patreon gaining popularity. At least that's fair for both parties, even if it means you have to actually have content with merit instead of just getting it regardless.

Obviously my bias here is that I can't see any value in paying someone a high salary to write things that someone else is going to write nayway for the same reasons that someone else probably already wrote for free elsewhere.
I hate digital journalism in almost all forms.

:^)

Attached: file.png (157x102, 14K)

>eurogamer
dropped

Attached: 1530301954199.jpg (690x460, 186K)

While services like Patreon are better than ads in some way there's also the other side of the coin that you see with content creators spamming teasers everywhere and only releasing the full version if you become their patreon, essentially copying the old system of advertisements.
In a perfect world people would post their content for free and have something like Patreon for people to show support without any catches.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Just block and scripts and whitelist what's needed

Attached: 2018-10-28 08-36-26.webm (1920x1052, 2.97M)

>trusting images and css by default

>euro anything

>turns of JS
oh fuccc I can't view basic information now

Attached: 2018-10-28-094639_958x1056_scrot.png (958x1056, 85K)

I block ads at the DNS level, nothing personnel.

That's why whitelisting is needed. You don't need all js though.

So do I. But I also like being able to disable scripts.

>the other side of the coin that you see with content creators spamming teasers everywhere and only releasing the full version if you become their patreon
This in itself is a double edged sword.
If I see that people are desperate for funding, I feel less inclined to support them. It may not be fair, but the assumption is that their content will be of a low quality or at least affected by the necessity of gaining funds.

This post is sponsored by Mountain Dew.

>blocks message to

Journalists are cancer anyway, fuck them.
FTFY

I simply block the adblocker blocker.

>I simply block the adblocker blocker.

is that a script that is easy to detect, or what?

A lot of times it's just a huge element covering the screen telling you to disable your adblocker. You can easily block it with uBlock origin' element picker, and it'll uncover the site proper.

>You can easily block it with uBlock origin' element picker, and it'll uncover the site proper.

yeah, that's what I thought. I'll give it a try.

>Serve malicious content
>Get pissy when the audience blocks it
They deserve it desu

Attached: 1528830989018.gif (115x115, 20K)

This.

Journalist are good because they provide us why racism, misogony, sexism, right wing views, closed borders, segregation, racism in dating and islamophobia are bad!!!!

Also they provide good netflix shows to watch, nba stars to follow, new hip hop tracks and music videos, black ballet premieres, and also bad old white writers to never read because xenophobic

I fufking hate white men though(my father too)

I try to block the ad blocking blocker first. Some places like newspapers it's not hard to get around the paywalls either.

>Some places like newspapers it's not hard to get around the paywalls either.

tips? My IP is static, if that matters.

It really depends on the specific site. A local paper here I think I just had to block a popup element with ublock origin/umatrix or whatever.

>Yuropoorgamer
no thanks user, I can afford food.

yeah, I also can afford dicks.

In my experience, well over 99% of the sites that do this I could not possibly care less about the content of. It's a simple case of, "alright then" and closing the tab.

t Jow Forums incel
Joruanlists exposing nazisz are the ffront line soldiers against the MAGAbomber and jew killers out there

>there are people on Jow Forums who allow all js in the first place
sad times were in

This. Nobody thought of blocking ads back when they were small and static. Then came epilepsy inducing gifs and flash adverts and the people cried out in horror.

Me.

Disabling ad blocker is a security risk.
Especially since sites that encourage you to disable it tend to serve malware ads.
They might as well ask to disable my virus scanner.

Then they aren't using css properly, and anyone who abuses Java script should have thier hands cut off.

i have never disabled my adblocker for anything. fuck that shit.

SAY SOMETHIN
WAT?

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 12K)

I have now installed all possible scripts for adblock. Thanks for reminding me.

I was a minecraft modder at one point.
I made a lot of large mods in highschool.
At some point, patreon became popular, and people were guilt tripping eachother for using the slave labor of the poor opressed modders who's chains you tighten each time you download a mod without donating... or something.

These same people support microshit microtransactions for downloadable content in the Win 10 edition.

Anyway.
I told people that I would never have exclusive content for my mods, and never have paid bukkit/spigot mods like some people are having because I make free content because I enjoy it, and want to share with others. The free and open exchange of ideas.

I got weird death threats from Pajeets who wanted to "cut off head and shit down air pipes you make people selfish to support creators you are worst!", and also dozens of 20 something guys with a guilt complex said "it's not fair for you to say these things, you are very privileged to mod for no money..."

No idea what MC modding is like now. I just work on minetest now. I''m trying to write GLSL shaders for minetest, but I'm going to wait for the engine changes first. Then I might try making some of my favorite mc mods in minetest.

Also, fuck microsoft and their shitty culture.

>They deceive you into buying shit products

Nobody has made a purchase decision based on video game journalism since the early 00s.

>Saves the fucking day.
>Blocks ads while still providing websites with a source of income.

Attached: rO7aIdyp_400x400.jpg (400x400, 14K)

Cringed and bluepilled

Then we'll just have to make some ad-blocker-blocker-blocker-blocker-blocker-blocker-blockers

I do, or sometimes I just right click it + block element

what the fuck is wrong with you

that's downright unethical