/spg/ - Smartphone General

OnePlus 6T Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: op6t.jpg (1600x900, 268K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3?idPhone=9163#show
youtube.com/watch?v=o2_SZ4tfLns
youtube.com/watch?v=V7RXJP4mxCc
f-droid.org/app/org.blokada.alarm
m.aliexpress.com/item/32858283280.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&spider=y&productId=32858283280&productSubject=Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-5-case-cover-note5-Global-Version-back-cover-silicone-edge-fabric-case-coque
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm thinking of getting the OnePlus 6T. Any estimations on how fast the fingerprint reader will be compared to a Samsung S7? Read that it will be slow, but about how slow?

Redpill me on the Moto X4

It's fine if you don't plan on gaming on your phone, Snapdragon 630 is plenty fast for everyday use. Camera is very average.

So I told my friend to get a Redmi Note 6 pro because I thought my note 5 was awesome and that was the newest.

I had no fucking idea that the 6 doesn't show notifications because of the notch and I feel a bit guilty that he bought an inferior product.

Are there any easy fixes to get notifications on the notch bar yet? He wouldn't really want to install a mod via TWRP or something like that.

Thanks guys.

Attached: 1537272524_635_xiaomi_redmi_note_6_pro.png (635x476, 228K)

How much of an upgrade would it be over the Droid Turbo?

I don't play videogames on phone cause lol
Anywho I bought a one plus 6 cause I liked everything about it. Do you think it will last longer cause I don't play videogames

It has been fixed in MIUI 10 beta for Pocophone, there is an option to show notification icons now, but I'm not sure if other phones will get it.

I noticed that his Redmi Note 6 pro didn't come with MIUI 10 so I suppose we can only hope it'll come for that too.

Thanks for the response.

Doubt it will be slow when OP had the fastest fingerprint scanner over a year ago.

>Be finnish
>everything comes with 2-4 year warranty for everything
>everything costs like 100-200 bucks more
So, I have the option of paying more and receiving good customer service or paying less. Is there a foreign site that has cheap prices plus doesnt take shit on you if the phone breaks?

Attached: 1438119006263.jpg (316x359, 67K)

premium cell phones should be 500 dollars
budget, or lesser known brands should be ~200 dollars
all phones should work equally between all carriers

Amazon.de

I guess I only need to decide if to pick up Mi 8 or S2

So does replacing the screen fixes the pajeetphone F1 issue with touch lag?

Bought it from honorbuy.

>all phones should work equally between all carriers
Ironically, this is only a concern in the US and perhaps a few select countries as well. Not to mention the ability for carriers to permanently lock bootloaders of devices they sell, which baffles me how it's even legal and in the US of all countries.

Is AdAway still the best ad blocker for Android?

Reporting in. Thought you guys might find this information useful. The Note 9 is currently the best phone available in the world.

What is best though? Does that include best battery life?

>Does that include best battery life?
Not the best and not him, but it's one of the top scoring models.
gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3?idPhone=9163#show

No sir, Poco is

Does it still come with the usual Samsung bloatware shit? And the bixby button? Traded my S7 in for a Passport because of that, have to replace it now though.

>bought Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 six months ago because my old phone got stolen
>actually thinks it's great, better than my stolen phone
>came updates, installed updates
>the stock apps are infected with ads
>have this "packageinstaller" pretending to "scan" apps I install while all it does is showing ads
>the file explorer app shows ads during launch
I've had enough with that bullshit. I'm thinking of voiding the warranty and install something else. Is LineageOS worth it?

Attached: zk_YRv_3HX8.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

Recent Samsungs are still bloated though they no longer lag or slow down over time. Touchjizz still rapes the shit out of battery on Exynos models.

For extra pajeet effect you need to remove spaces after ,

Xiaomi doesn't void warranty from unlocking the bootloader or installing ROMs. There's also a ton of guides online on disabling all the ads on MIUI.

Exynos SoCs certainly don't help the experience either.

>ads on MIUI
The fuck? I have Redmi 4A, Redmi Note 4X, Mi Max 2 and never saw any ads. Guess, you're kind of a guy that use Windows 10 Home instead of Enterprise and complaining about Candy Crush.

I guess it depends on the region the phone is set to whether ads are displayed or not

>MIUI Global 9.6.3.0 Stable NCFMIFD
I didn't have ads prior to upgrading to MIUI 9
9.4 is when they really shill the ads out

Is there any phone with decent camera like LG V30 but cheaper?

v30 is cheap tho, have you looked at it on ebay? or you still need it cheaper?

OG Pixel / Pixel XL

Thinking about getting an iPhone Xr.
How important is 3D touch to you iPhone users in here? I'm fine with a 720p display but I'm not sure if I wanna miss out on that feature.
Please keep "lmao just get a poco f1 and stop overpaying on apple products"-type comments to yourself.

lmao just get a poco f1 and stop overpaying on apple products

lmao just get a used X and stop being shamed by Apple

You are fine with paying almost $800 for a device which you can't watch 1080p content on in 2018. and you wonder why people are making fun of you. Yeah, but that exclusive feature which can be achieved by a longer touch is surely worth it.
>buying any Apple product
>not getting scammed/ripped off
That's not how they became a trillion dollar company. Here's something for a start:
youtube.com/watch?v=o2_SZ4tfLns
youtube.com/watch?v=V7RXJP4mxCc

My Pixel 2 XL is still going strong. Feels just as fast as when I purchased it, got some faint screen burn in around the top-right clock, but meh doesn't bother at all anymore.

Rarely use the 3D Touch feature on my iPhone 7 Plus. Consider getting the iPhone 8 Plus over the XR if you want the best display and no notch. A11 Bionic still packs a punch and won't be outdated for another couple years.

>iPhone 8 Plus
>best display
Cognitive dissonance? It's still a standard Apple LED-backlit IPS LCD, but a 1080p one. At least the iPhone X/Xs/Xs Max have AMOLED panels.

>headphone jack? Get with the times gramps
>720p is fine in current year, you don't need that many pixels anyway

Do third party apps even use that feature? I'm on an Oreo device currently and I think I've never used the press and hold feature on app tiles, but I figured maybe 3D touch is more prominent on iOS but apparently it's not.
And no I think FaceID is a far superior approach to unlocking your phone especially now that most OEMs put that shit on the back of the device, hate that.
I don't watch Netflix or any other shit on my phone since I'm an adult and I own a TV. For a quick youtube video 720p is fine and uses less data anyways.
I'm not defending Apple though, they easily could've gone for a 1080p display.

>OnePlus 6T
Do I wait for it or do I buy the poco f1 now?

They could, buy why would they when they get apologists going "I have TV lmao don't give me features expected of a current year 800 dollar phone".

Can you read? I've explicitly said that Apple could've easily gone for a 1080p display. TO ME it's not a dealbreaker though and if it is for you then okay I got it hombre.

It's going to be close to 600€, Poco is 300€

Any price is worth paying for the approval of your peers I guess. Apple just mercifully allowed people the privilege at 800 and not 1000 dollars.

iPhone Xr for 879€ or iPhone X for 899€?

Attached: image.png (680x521, 87K)

Why are you androidfags so fucking annoying. I asked iPhone users a simple question but I guess some faggot like you had to step in and tell me stuff about the phone I'm looking to buy I already knew. Keep fighting the good fight

You can go to an apple forum if you only want affirmative replies.

You're wrong though. Apple made sure to design the XR to be easily distinguishable from the other models and mark you as a poorfag to other Apple users.

It comes down to high resolution OLED vs better camera.

Oh and a better SoC too.

What did you expect?

Attached: 1498815135711.jpg (1378x1008, 349K)

Believe it or not, this is good advice, but you've been indoctrinated to resist it. I'm and this is all I really wanted to say.

Is one containment board not enough for you people?

Your advice is irrelevant because I want to use iOS, this is what you android fanboys simply don't understand.

Yeah just tell apple they can downgrade and cheap out as much as they want because nothing is a deal breaker.

And I advised you to at least get one with a 1080p display. No one here can stop you.

Yes

Did you read it somewhere?
It's not slow. Definitely better than S7.

Was recommended by an user long back. It has Adaway filters aswell. You can get it from f-droid.
>Blokada v3 (ad blocker) (The ad blocker - battery efficient, fast, powerful and simple to use) - f-droid.org/app/org.blokada.alarm

But the iPhone Xs is, dare I say it, too expensive for me.

If Samsung, Note 8 / S8. Best camera for the bucks spent.

>all these bootybothered I toddlers ITT
LMAO'ing at ur life

Attached: haha.jpg (376x471, 31K)

Choose wisely user

Attached: SmartSelect_20181028-181816_WhatsApp.jpg (1080x687, 312K)

So what? Your monitor, even at 4k, has a much much lower pixel density and you're probably still fine with it. People act like 1080p is some magical number that HAS to be reached. I looked at a XZ1 compact in a store a few months ago and the display seemed fine to me.

Let's try this without spoonfeeding, shall we?

Attached: z.jpg (758x280, 51K)

I know it has a 720p display, that's why I mentioned it. What's your point?
I haven't had the chance to get my hands on an Xr in the store so that's why I shared that little anecdote

Why does apple use such low quality displays???

Jesus Christ... How can you possibly not get it?

I legit don't know what you're on about.

Sigh... One is a 720p display on a 4.6" panel and the other is almost the same, but on a 6.1" panel. XZ1 Compact is there just to exist, not to be used as a major media consumption device. The other also costs almost $800 and has the same resolution on a 6.1" panel.

Eh. Best android phone under £250-300 which uses Tesco (UK) and can be used mostly for Jow Forums, netflix/youtube and fairly high requirement games. (Remember trying to play that Call of Duty ghosts game on my old ipod and it just exploding). About the size of an iphone 6, don't mind if its smaller though. Hate phones too big to fit in your pocket.
Currently been looking at the moto G6 Play/Plus

Okay you are in fact retarded.

Then get a used 8/X or get the XS on contract. XR ISN'T the next SE and you are basically paying Apple a flagship price to make you make you look poor, dumb or both.

Why do people think an Apple logo makes you lose your virginity, it's so much sexier to tell woman that only insecure idiots give about the brand of their phone.

-guy with a Nokia 8 and a 8/10 gf

>Plus
OLED Panels tend to have screen burn-ins and over-saturation. IPS LCD is still king

>Okay you are in fact retarded.
Thank you very much. I'll be glad to help you next time. I'm sure you really understood all this and I'm the one pretending here.

Attached: pretendinggoodidea.jpg (790x1229, 121K)

>OLED Panels tend to have screen burn-ins
They do if you keep your brightness at unreasonable levels or use automatic brightness all the time. Luckily Samsung and Google have done everything in their power to prevent this with software.
>and over-saturation
Not an issue on Android, because you can easily control these levels.
>IPS LCD is still king
I would agree if illumination in the dark isn't a thing and if microLED wasn't invented for the purpose to solve the main shortcoming of OLED panels.

redmi note 5 Taiwan model M1803E7SH

Recommended Redmi Note 5 cases except the one included in the box?

How does £750 turn into 899€. Never paying this apple tax.

fabric mofi case
m.aliexpress.com/item/32858283280.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&spider=y&productId=32858283280&productSubject=Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-5-case-cover-note5-Global-Version-back-cover-silicone-edge-fabric-case-coque

Can you get google play store on the Chinese model ?

get the xr desu

Attached: A15DDC95-425E-489C-89DA-2958A6E3E20F.jpg (3024x4032, 1.89M)

Both Google play and global ROM can be installed.

So, is the best phone under 200 USD still the Redmi Note 5?
Isn't there a new one yet?

>everything comes with 2-4 year warranty for everything
>the government, treading on the free market and enabling a fascistic protectionist law, forces some category of products to come with 2-4 yar warranty
FTFY.

>iPhone

Attached: 1538727447228.png (416x435, 114K)

Anyone have the 6T? Opinions?

Thanks, judging by the reviews this seems like a good phone.

Does the Kuroneko figure come with thhe iPhone?

Whats a good budget phone like less than 400 dollars

i really like my xr face id makes everything super comfy and quick. it’s not perfect but you get used it

Attached: 1C7F25C1-DE73-431A-9287-4E51712759D7.png (828x1792, 3.52M)

no ruri is sold separately

>face id
Cringe AND bluepilled.

Why should I not buy a Xiaomi Mi 8 and flash it?

Attached: 1537645092088.jpg (840x420, 62K)

Why do you want iphone xr?

>being fine with providing your biometrics to Apple
lmao'ing @ ur life rn

Attached: you.png (1200x1000, 646K)