Windows 98 or XP machines for retro games

Have you built an old PC to play those games?
Remember, you use DOSBOX simply for DOS games and DOSBOX works pretty well.

But there is no good options to emulate Windows 98 with a Voodoo graphics card. Or even original Geforce 2/3 cards. Some late 90s games or early 2000s games won't work with Windows 10 and emulators no matter what you do. Even if you manage to get them to work, there may be a simulator game or something which requires a nice game controller which works only when connetected to Windows 98 machine.

Just don't ever try to use vmware virtual environment for Windows 98 games. You will be very disappointed in the mouse or graphics performances. Windowed games of course will work fine but they probably work in plain Windows 10 also.

It is the full screen 3D games which use obsolete 3D graphics or 3D audio which will not work properly without Win98 or maybe Win XP.
Some old games absolutely require Direct X 5.0.

Attached: 32bd59df.jpg (1008x1080, 144K)

>whoreposting
begone

I pray to allah that this fertile white woman gets inseminated by a young, athletic, tall, able-bodied and hard-working BLACK MAN with a large and thick rock solid BBC and bears his children for the days to come.

For shit that old just use WINE.

Install GOG Galaxy and buy whatever retro games you want, retard.

I can't think of a good game from that era that doesnt work on modern machines

Based and redpilled

it requres Linux

WSL LMAO

I'm not gonna buy same games again stupid, I bought them in the 90s

The memes are true lads

Attached: 0cc.jpg (633x640, 47K)

>But there is no good options to emulate Windows 98 with a Voodoo graphics card. Or even original Geforce 2/3 cards.
Is there any reason whatsoever why I'd want to emulate these environments?

Stay on your own board, faggot.

>good options to emulate... a Voodoo graphics card. Or even original Geforce 2/3 cards
dgvoodoo2
i use it to play mechwarrior 3, g-nome, heavy gear 2, dominion storm over gift 3, descent 3, wing commander prophecy, and other suchs late 90s win98 games that don't have better options
for your information, not that you were going to waste your time buying it again anyway, but GOG releases are sometimes buggy or neutered (not as bad as steam releases) .
some games that have never been surpassed

does dgvoodoo2 work almost perfectly?

>Just don't ever try to use vmware virtual environment for Windows 98 games
hey i got the sound to work on quake 2 so fuck off

it works better than almost perfectly.
which card you want bro?

Attached: Voodoo2.png (415x485, 51K)

>Some old games absolutely require Direct X 5.0.
It has an answer for that too, OP. Take a look.
I used it for SiN very recently.

Attached: GeForce4 Ti.png (415x485, 68K)

>some games that have never been surpassed
Such as?

>DOSBOX works pretty well.
If only I could fucking print from it.

you have some very old documents you need DOS software for, and which cannot be transformed into Windows compatible format?

because if you can read them in any Windows software, printing would become instantly easier

>you have some very old documents you need DOS software for
correct.
i'm glad i can even get the windows machines to recognize the zipdisks i copy them from machine to machine with.

May Allah punish you for this absurd request