/dpt/ Daily Programming Thread

--Official DPT Thread--
Just talk about fucking programming edition
All languages are valid to discuss anyone that disagrees can fuck off to discord and

Attached: Lua-Logo.svg.png (1024x1024, 61K)

For me, it's Haskell.

Attached: 1532206503797.png (1000x707, 31K)

Attached: 81643.png (300x300, 109K)

Fuck off with your non-standard formats and non-anime images.
There is a fucking reason we write basically the same shit every time.

Attached: 1406803019377.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

I am using pic related at work, it does basic stuff for me i can even use customers' million bucks infrastructure to do shitty stuff

Attached: file.png (1108x623, 251K)

it's nice to change it up sometimes desu

Attached: 1467570941060.jpg (1521x1076, 517K)

:^)

Attached: 0.png (1343x413, 151K)

No; the OP is not your personal shitposting space.
Any extraneous shit just detracts from the thread and shifts the entire thread's focus.
When you've been visiting these threads for several years, you really do notice that the worst threads are almost always the ones with shitty OPs.

Don't make fun of my languagefu

Said dumb attention whoring anime pedo scum.
Fuck off.

I maked this.

Attached: 3dGraphicsAttempt.png (905x643, 5K)

Attached: 1497308911652.png (991x1426, 1.69M)

>Complains about extraneous shit in OP
>Bitching because there's no pointless anime shit in it
Pick one and only one.

>the OP is not your personal shitposting space.
it sort of is
>When you've been visiting these threads for several years, you really do notice that the worst threads are almost always the ones with shitty OPs.
i have and i know this and it's still worth it once in a while

To: 68251129

Just wondering who you are actually quoting, exactly

what is SAP? honest question. every now and then I see job offers with SAP in the title and I never bothered to ask anyone

There's nothing wrong with having sex with a 15 y/o

ABAP is Advanced Business Application Programming and SAP is some German company that made it

Its an ERP system and huge ask fuck like operating system. ABAP is its own programming language to create programs in SAP system.

Getopt was exactly what I needed, thanks.

Anyone want to see my super leet programming hack code?!
//Working to fetch the area of a circle as a reference
//Parameter instead of a return value
#include
using namespace std;

const double Pi = 3.1416;

//Output Parameter Result by reference
//This would actually be good for taking notes
//should do more often
//I like this color

void Area(double Radius, double& Result)
{
Result = Pi * Radius * Radius;
}

int main()
{
cout > Radius;

double AreaFetched = 0;
Area(Radius, AreaFetched);
//AreaFetched points to the &Result reference point
//Area() doesn't have a return value though

cout

Very impressive, user.

pepis

Which of you niggers is this?

only an NPC would use rust willingly

Seriously what's the best language?

English

Usually when you're using reference out parameters, those parameters are the first parameters listed in the argument list

Unironically, C++.

Does Nim have a chance to get mainstream recognition?

The GTA SCM language Rockstar invented for the GTA3 engine games.

I am currently doing a machine learning project to predict winners in professional darts matches. Mostly started it cause I was bored and (to my knowledge) no one did it before me. Any idea how I could use the resulting model? I was thinking about putting it up on a website but I have no idea about php or html (I am using python). Any recommendations or ideas are very welcome

I invite you to re-read my post, and to take special note of my specific request for serious replies. I understand there is a "culture of hijinks" in these threads but please do not attempt to misle someone who specifically asks for a serious response.
>those who seek to misle others, will find themselves misled

>absurdly contextual syntax
>all new features are kneecapped by backward compatibility
>Exceptions
>outdated and inefficient compilation model
In and of itself, C++ sucks. The only good thing about C++ is portability, but even that is a minefield.

Are you making exceptions out to be a downside in general, or just C++ exceptions?

Exceptions are pretty bad in general in my opinion, but C++ has an especially poor implementation.

Ah, my info had it the other way around, but thats good to know, thank you.

Attached: 1468871008046.jpg (718x465, 61K)

BASIC is better
BASIC can work in 65536 bytes

Attached: CPM_CLUB13.png (986x849, 55K)

>Exceptions are pretty bad in general in my opinion
Why? I've heard the argument that some truly heinous shit can be accomplished by abusing them, but that's true for a lot of things and not especially convincing.

Don't use out parameters for trivial copies anyway. And when you do it's best to use pointers instead of references.

Do you guys use your main email address when pushing to opensource projects? Is that a stupid thing to do? I feel like e-mail spam isn't really as much of a issue as it used to be with spam filters and all.

>Do you guys use your main email address when pushing to opensource projects?
Yes

what is mainstream recognition? you mean at the level of java, php, ...? probably never.

LuaJIT is dead and not coming back. Nobody is going to fix ARM

Attached: 1536965931290.jpg (686x718, 67K)

I just got a "sneak peek" at lambda functions in ++ and I was told not to feel bad if I didn't understand them. As such, I think I might have a conceptual grasp on them and would like someone to tell me if I'm retarded. Telling me if I got it right or wrong would also be appreciated.
void CleverArrayName(vector& AffArray)
{
for_each (AffArray.begin(), AffArray.end(), /
[](int Item) {cout

no. i have a email address for professional/family/formal (bank, doctor, ...) stuffs on gmail and an email address for the rest on protonmail. never mix the two or link the later to your identity, especially now that people are scrutinizing everything you have said on internet.

I'm getting to pointers now actually. Everything is written like its meant to teach to kids, but then uses useless jargon and technical terms it has yet to define (but always says it'll get to that later). It ends up being more confusing than anything.

Invisible dynamic gotos that cross procedure boundaries are bad juju in any static language. They're even less structured than sjlj, which at least has jmp_bufs sprinkled around to let you know there may be a non obvious execution path. With exceptions every procedure call becomes a hazard and there's no way of knowing what it will actually do without consulting the documentation.
Of course, this behavior becomes much more predictable if you have exception checking and type inference. C++ tried this once upon a time, but the implementation was literally retarded because it checked exceptions at runtime. In any case, proper checked exceptions are an improvement over unchecked exceptions. But if you have such a system, the question then becomes - why bother with this mechanism when you can do the same thing more simply and more concisely with a monadic sum type?

Attached: bath time.jpg (570x585, 79K)

Attached: 1515427988206.png (468x541, 214K)

If the lambda expression has empty square brackets (capture list) then it's literally just the same as declaring a function at global scope, without having to actually give the function a name or anything.
void PrintItem(int Item)
{
cout

huh these lambda things seem pretty useful
are there any languages or programming paradigms where they play a more prominent role?

By "more complicated" do you mean "more fun"? Still, I was under the impression that the brackets were related to the array. From context I'd assume the capture list is meant to pull data from somewhere each time the function is executed?

Yeah they're one of the fundamentals of functional programming.

Is that functional as in "using functions" or functional as in "actually useful"?

Functional programming uses lambdas extensively, and in a much more elegant way than C++.

The square brackets are C++'s idiosyncratic syntax for beginning a lambda expression.
A lambda expression can capture variables from the scope in which it is declared, which allows those variables to be used inside the body of the lambda. A lambda which captures variables is known as a closure.
In C++ you can capture either by value or by reference depending on whether you put = or & in your capture list.
auto make_adder(int x)
{
return [=](int y){ return x + y; };
}

int use_adder()
{
auto add_two = make_adder(2);
return add_two(7); // returns 9
}
In C++ a closure cannot be a raw function pointer as a non-capturing lambda can be. It is actually an object which overloads operator(). The object is of unspecified type, which is why I'm using auto. But closure types can also convert to a std::function instead.

Functional programming is the name of the paradigm. First class functions (functions which are data no different to any other kind of data) are one of the key features of the paradigm.

The capture list can capture variables in the current scope and use them in the scope the lambda is called. They can capture by value or reference

void CleverArrayName(vector& AffArray)
{
int a = 0;

for_each (AffArray.begin(), AffArray.end(), /
[&](int Item) {cout

Clojure > haskell
Opinions?

Attached: how_the_shinto_exorcise_daemons.jpg (600x776, 96K)

what is clojure's package management and ecosystem like? because haskell's is garbage and that is important in 2018

facts don't care about your feelings lisptard

I see, that seems like something I'd enjoy toying around with. Thanks for making more sense than a textbook.

Also just as a pre-response to any haskellers who will inevitably try to ask what my problem is with haskell's ecosystem,
No, I've been memed into that shit at least 3 times over 4 or so years. I always end up wasting way too much time with dependency retardation and other tangential bullshit. Cabal is garbage, stack is garbage. Language is fine but might as well wait for idris before haskell will sort its shit.

>package management
Much better than Haskell. I've used Clojure for about 6 months now and I haven't run into any problems with dependencies whenever I want to use something.

>ecosystem
Again, much better. As Clojure sits on top of Java, you have a package for everything and there are good Clojure native packages for just about everything.

The only complaint I have about Clojure is the lack of typing as it makes dealing with generics a real pain in the ass.

do("yikes").from("me").to("dawg")

>no "what are you woking on"
>doesn't link previous thread
>thread name doesn't match filters
>states his irrelevant opinion
>justifies himself in the most reddit way n thread
>no anime pic
Never create another thread again in your life you failure

is ruby the greatest scripting language ever created?

Attached: 1540577206882.jpg (1024x682, 120K)

Not OP.

Don't you have some C to be working on you gook cunt? Fuck off.

That's not (your choice of Lisp)

This is wrong, read about implicit captures.

Still works. I'd rather have gcc compile Lua files to x86 binaries though.

Functional programming is based on lambda calculus which is declarative and where everything is a function. a pure functional program is actually a big single expression composed of sub-expressions where these expressions are nothing else than functions. never forget that.

see pic

Attached: ZenOfRuby.png (1000x500, 643K)

>see pic
wow. nice argument

Am OP. Last thread was an abomination and not worth linking. What you're working on falls under programming discussion. Being on-topic and not being a faggot isn't an opinion. The fact that you give a fuck at all makes you the failure of a human being.

Go back to where you are from. We all know it's not here.

>Nested functions within nested functions of nested lambda functions in lambda expressions
Why does the thought of this get my dick hard?

>Last thread was an abomination and not worth linking.
That's not how it works you fucking newfag. By not linking previous thread you are breaking the chain and prevent easy backtracking in the archives among other thing.
The proper way to deal with this is by not acting like you are some sort of special snowflake and creating the proper thread. Now that you have been made aware that you fucked up, either shut up or kill yourself.

What language should I choose for a big scale program so it will be easy to maintain and refractor? Are functional langs meme?

>tries to pull rank on an anonymous messageboard
No one wants your weeb shit here anymore.

Go find some other safe space to hang out in. I think Reddit would be perfect for someone like you.

He’s right, you’re wrong and also a massive faggot.

>functional langs meme
No, but they need to factor into your design for the project.

>big scale project
Scala would be a good choice if you want scalability and fp.

Based, redpilled AND master-lobster tier

>MUH ANIMU IS PROGRAMMING
Go fuck yourself.

>he doesn't program in his own language

Attached: whippedcream.jpg (640x595, 79K)

i have other ways of wasting time desu

python is the cutest lang lol

i do

anything that isnt a dynamic language

Upvoted.

How do I gift Jow Forums gold?

I'm new here.

Show me

Attached: 148140-1536669484.jpg (640x320, 29K)

>no link to previous thread
ONE FUCKING JOB

OP again, you are a faggot. You all give too many fucks about shit that's not important.

Why are mods going around and deleting perfectly fine SFW images?

Because people like OP are the majority now.

At least at level of Go and Rust?

Lisp is the most powerful programming language.

There's literally only 2 posters who've been been siding with OP, one of them admitting to being OP, the other being the reddit-spacing retard.

that will be hard, go and rust are both being supported and being used by a few big corps. A programming language that actually managed to become somewhat popular by itself is clojure but it had all the lisp aura around it.

Why Haskell programmers hate lisp programmers and vice versa?

Attached: IpdMPy321hIUX914UVtzztJj40jaFeyLVXa5NB9kMk.jpg (1280x960, 238K)

You weebs need to go back

*downvoted*

Based and redpilled.