Why doesn't Tixati get much-deserved love? Everyday it impresses me even more with its myriad of customizations

Why doesn't Tixati get much-deserved love? Everyday it impresses me even more with its myriad of customizations.

Attached: image_search_1540723103231.png (1024x736, 148K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/9173
github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/7989
github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/7940
github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/7839
github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/8790
github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/8480
github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/9006
github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues
github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/9621
tlmc.eu
github.com/qbittorrent/search-plugins/wiki/Unofficial-search-plugins#plugins-for-public-sites
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Uggo

I dunno man, I've used it or a few years, it's great.

Because it's proprietary software you fucking nigger

Attached: proptr.jpg (740x720, 85K)

Proprietary winshit.
I'm pretty sure it's an actual botnet.

Might have something to do with looking like it was put together by a 12-year old in Visual Basic.

Closed source, ill stay with Deluge

Proprietary shit.

There are Transmission, qbittorrent, deluge, biglybt/vuze, tribler, rtorrent and many more.

>myriad of customizations
Bet you've never seen BiglyBT's advanced mode.

>hyping closed source torrent client
you are retarded and need to gtfo this board

Ya, vuze/biglybt have a lot of customizations. Plus quite a few builtin visualization plugins and various graphs and fancy shit like that.

I don't know shit about port but one day Tixaty stopped working for me, I downloaded Deluge and it worked.

Deluge exists and it's great.

shit ui

>Proprietary shit.
>There are Transmission, qbittorrent, deluge, biglybt/vuze, tribler, rtorrent and many more.
Transmission/qbittorrent=qt
Deluge=GTK
Bigly=Java...........
RTorrent=Wat?
Tribler=UI seems Norton Antivirus 2002

Because it's proprietary. That being said, it was the only client that could handle my 2k torrents, had RSS and somehow looked decent wiuth good amount of customization when I was migrating from uT few years back.

I could have sworn that I had more images of qt animes vomiting.

Attached: 10011488.png (666x800, 77K)

>RTorrent=Wat?
leave

>2k torrents
yeah right
it used ~1gb of ram for 70 torrents no way it was usable with 2k

Clearly it depends on how much are being downloaded not just active. Compared to others that didn't even start, I'd say taking ~1GB RAM is an improvement.

Attached: Capture.png (896x43, 4K)

based && GNU/Pilled
>in te %current_year% no using free software

Attached: gnuchalk.jpg (480x640, 192K)

because its' not open sores

Otherwise it's great I used it unlike the shitbucket that is qbittorrent

github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/9173

github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/7989

github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/7940

github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/7839

github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/8790

github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/8480

github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/9006

10 versions and 2000 issues in between and retards can't even fix the UI freezes.

/thread
>10 versions and 2000 issues in between
Yeah, versions released half a year ago.

And every version since 4.0 has this same issue.
Amusing that they can't fix it for half a year.
Top tier developers!

Where are the reports of that?

Vuze / BiglyBT can handle more. QBittorrent should be able to, too.

Deluge had issues when I tried.

> somehow looked decent
It's about the worst-looking client. And proprietary.

> Windows issues
Proprietary crap again.

You'd say that being open source would allow people to already have a fix.

QBittorrent was freezing for nearly 30 minutes. I could download a movie in that time. Other generally didn't have what I was looking for, like RSS downloader with Regex support.

winshit garbage
use rtorrent or transmission

oh I don't know, maybe in 10+ issues that I linked ?

You have to be blind not to see them

>windows issues

Oh look the fact they they have an issue with 80% of what they're users are using is irrelevant

open sores fags should end their irrelevant 1% userbase lives.

Also retards that don't understand that you can customize how it looks are absolute monkeys

>waaah open sores

>waahh my customization

>wwaahh

Funnily enough it's more customizable than the shitbucket qbit

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1919x1920, 280K)

If someone was autistic enough they could dox you based on the torrents in your screen shots, connection strength of peers and peer flags.

Vuze / BiglyBT, qbittorrent and others have that.

You can also easily feed a minimalist torrent client like transmission or rtorrent with a RSS reader that grabs the magnets / .torrent files.

>oh I don't know, maybe in 10+ issues that I linked ?
>You have to be blind not to see them
You are doing this deliberately. I'm not asking for bug reports regarding versions released 6 months ago. Also for:

It was some time ago. Vuze was slow as shit. Bigly didn't even exists and I already spoke about qbit. I also tried to work around the limitations of transmission as you suggested, but eventually decided not to keep that setup due to the lack of other features. Subjectively, Tixati also seemed to have less overhead overall and could actually max my connection on same torrents compared to qbit. Dunno if that's actually true, I never done any decent benchmark.

Tixati might not be a best client ever, but it had everything I needed at a time and it still works perfectly without having to fuck around with multiple programs.

Open the reports you absolute fucking monkey.

There are reports for every version from 4.0.1 to 4.1.3

There are people confirming that the bug is still active pretty much every version in the comment.

Of course that's too much work for an open sores monkey

>Vuze was slow as shit.
Vuze never was slow as shit. Has been running well for >10 years here. All it does is use about 50-100MB more RAM than most clients, which is pretty trivial.

> 80% of what they're users are using is irrelevant
I think closer 100% of home users are irrelevant to Microsoft other than as source of marketing data and start menu ad views/store sales.

If only your opinion had a value.

True, the UI felt responsive, but the whole software was limited by Java implementation. As I mentioned, most of it was subjective and taken into consideration with other features in mind.

>4.1.3
Literally none in the ones you posted. The latest version the issue was reported - 4.1.1.
github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues
No UI related reports here. Also, why do these even matter so much if they're not program breaking?

The first link has comment
>Same problem at win10 x64, qbittorrent v4.1.2 (latest)
so obviously you're barely reading these reports.

There is no point in reporting the issue in every single new released version

If they were fixed they would have been closed. They are not fixed. They are not referenced in any commit.

>No UI related reports here. Also, why do these even matter so much if they're not program breaking?

They are program-breaking.

Everytime you add a torrent file you have to wait 5-10 seconds for UI to unfreeze.

Everytime you want to open the options, the same thing.

Also you're dead wrong

github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/9621

4.1.2 version still an issue

Go through 4.1.3 changelog (it's pretty small) and see that this isn't mentioned anywhere.

It exists and no it's not fixed. it hasn't been fixed for a year now (version 4.0 which made the issue came out in november last year)

I value their opinion

Sorry, it was the last link not first.

It's pretty obviously a Windows issue [as opposed to OSX, BSD, Linux, Haiku and eCS]. Same as the marketing data and ads - not exactly just an opinion.

>Everytime you add a torrent file you have to wait 5-10 seconds for UI to unfreeze.
Which torrent client loads metadata instantly? This is what has been reported and what all reports boil down to.

>It's pretty obviously a Windows issue [as opposed to OSX, BSD, Linux, Haiku and eCS]. Same as the marketing data and ads - not exactly just an opinion.

It's not a windows issue. If it was other applications would also have it. They don't only qbittorrent does, and only since version 4.0

The issue is in qbittorrent. It might be a windows specific issue, but hey, 80% of the users of qbittorent are windows users.

You're a fucking moron. There is a difference between waiting for it to load the metadata and the UI freezing completely.

While it's loading the metadata the application is usable, you see the progress bar doing it's job, you can minimize qbittorrent, you can click on other things on it (cancel for example)

THIS ISN'T WHAT HAPPENS.

What happens is qbittorrent freezes. You can't see the progress bar doing it's job, you can't click cancer, you can't interact with the application at all, you can't minimize it, until it unfreezes.

>Which torrent client loads metadata instantly? How long should reading 100kb file should take according to you? And if it's a magnet link, it should be always loaded asynchronously.

By the way, this torrent: tlmc.eu used to crash most clients when loaded even when it was half the size. It was a good measure how shit your chosen client is.

>You're a fucking moron
Thank you very much. Now I really want to continue this conversation. I didn't experience these bugs and that's why I didn't understand them fully. So, what is your advice? Using another client just because?

>If it was other applications would also have it.
You can try applying the same method and seeing how much software has unresponsive GUI or freezes. If you try a few search terms, you'll find about a hundred million reports for software and Windows itself.

He's saying that if it was an OS issue the whole system would lock up and you'd recognize it immediately. One application freezing while others running is clearly issue with the application itself and will happen on any version or OS unless the function call is fixed.

I'm sure you should be able to write an UI that locks up easily. There exist one simple cause for that - having UI on same thread as the logic being executed.

>use another torrent client
Yes because these developers are clearly inept. Since version 4.0 there has been quite an increase in bugs, I just find this one the most annoying one.

There was a video in bug reports (which you read and saw that explains it well)

Here it is again for your enjoyment

My point was that if it was the system at fault the OS would freeze, it doesn't

Also absolute numbers mean nothing. You can apply the same thing to any KDE/GNOME applications and you'll get the same results.

Attached: open_sores_normal_behavior.webm (912x592, 2.53M)

Because WinMX man still won't open his sores.

>My point was that if it was the system at fault the OS would freeze, it doesn't
The system is at fault for having shitty methods to run GUI that then freeze.

> Also absolute numbers mean nothing.
Sure, do relative numbers then. About all GUI software that has long lists or such has someone report it's not responsive or freezes up for someone.

>The system is at fault for having shitty methods to run GUI that then freeze.
Yeah it's the system at fault here, in which only this one app has an issue like this. Clearly it can't be open sores fault

>Sure do relative numbers then
Okay, I will. Pay me. I don't work for free.

>The system is at fault for having shitty methods to run GUI that then freeze.
Honestly, have you ever seen any GUI code ever? That's like complaining that calling sleep() makes your thread go asleep.

werks on windows 7 :)

I don't have that problem. Maybe because this?

Irrelevant. You have bug reports for Windows 7, 8.1 and 10

werks for me, sucks to be you then

>werks for me

not an argument

sucks to be you?

still not an argument sorry.

90% of open sores software deals with bugs the same way

>werks for me sorry

Which is to say they ignore them.

does it have a search engine like qbittorrent?

Yes, it can also send mails and dance Tango.

Serious answer: no, but it has a ability to connect to DHT-like chat and file sharing network. As for the search engine, it's more reasonable to just use your favorite site instead of relying on random torrents from who knows where.

>it's more reasonable to just use your favorite site
that's exactly what I can do with qbittorrent

I reasonably doubt it's parsing sites and all data that are provided on it. Am I wrong?

Yes you're wrong.
github.com/qbittorrent/search-plugins/wiki/Unofficial-search-plugins#plugins-for-public-sites

From what I can tell it still only parses list and basic info as I expected it to do, nothing more. I can understand somebody feels it's good enough, but to me it doesn't seem to be a good replacement for any decently organized tracker site.

why the fuck would I need anything else except for a lost of the torrents I want? What else you want? Ads?

I don't know? Maybe a different versions, encodes, release groups, a comments where you can read that torrent is a virus-ridden fake? A site has many possibilities and uses, if it didn't it wouldn't exist.

>Maybe a different versions, encodes, release groups
So just change what you're searching for? Type in x265 instead of x264? Or a different name?
>comments where you can read that torrent is a virus-ridden fake?
>pirating applications in 2018
you're asking for it.

No naming convention can replace proper metadata especially when no naming convention is enforced. While virus is limited to application, the comments are not. Encode might be faulty or low quality and you wouldn't know unless you downloaded it whole.

As I said, I can understand it's good enough and I'm not saying it should be removed.

No one forces you to use any open source software you obsessed retard. Use wherever works for you and get a life.

it's great, after utorrent became cucked I tested like 5 options but tixati is the only one that works well

Same happened with me. I used qBittorrent for a while, but got tired of the stalled bullshit. Then I tried Deluge and Transmission, neither were as good as qBittorrent (I think they were missing RSS feeds as one major gripe), but once I tried Tixati I found something that surpassed it.

Although, I do have to say, it uses a lot of RAM. That my just be me and how many torrents I keep active, but it's still a lot.

Deluge has a plugin for RSS, among others. The stalled things is a meme, though. It's just a different status, other clients claim they're downloading when no seeders are present at 0 B/s and no one is complaining.

Fuck the haters, Tixati is the best

One of the few torrent clients that let you download blocks IN ORDER, so you can watch your movie as it downloads. Can your shit tier adware infested utorrent do that?