Untitled

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinkansen

Attached: JR_East_Shinkansen_lineup_at_Niigata_Depot_201210.jpg (3488x2144, 1003K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twilightexpress-mizukaze.jp/en/cars/index.html
youtube.com/watch?v=LJ9vkt7BHYI
youtube.com/watch?v=MnxQDvyP8Lc
500type-eva.jp/
youtube.com/watch?v=gVBKVGn47fk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: 1419702150170.png (457x645, 138K)

BASED JAPAN

>Over the Shinkansen's 50-plus year history, carrying over 10 billion passengers, there have been no passenger fatalities due to derailments or collisions
>There have been two derailments of Shinkansen trains in passenger service. The first one occurred during the Chūetsu earthquake on 23 October 2004. Eight of ten cars of the Toki No. 325 train on the Jōetsu Shinkansen derailed near Nagaoka Station in Nagaoka, Niigata. There were no casualties among the 154 passengers.
>Another derailment happened on 2 March 2013 on the Akita Shinkansen when the Komachi No. 25 train derailed in blizzard conditions in Daisen, Akita. No passengers were injured.
truly based and redpilled

I guess they just count all the fatalities as salarymen throwing themselves in front of the train.

ano nagai yatsu!?

Attached: 1532376718717.png (200x200, 66K)

>(anti)car thread
>train thread
Did hiro finally close /n/ to save cost?

It was easy for japan to make fast trains usable because they can do most of their shipping with boats, no need for much shipping with rails.

when are they deploying maglev trains?

Attached: 1495678309016.webm (640x360, 2.81M)

This is now an F40PH thread. Get out weeblords

Attached: f40ph.jpg (432x324, 36K)

Attached: shinkan.webm (500x282, 2.72M)

Shoddy infrastructure general.

I want to ride the Twilight Express with my qtpatootie(nonexistent) gf.

Attached: 20170223_jp_mizukaze_article_main_image.jpg (580x396, 63K)

Attached: IMG_-oqhkjr.jpg (640x640, 48K)

SHINKANSEN!!
>Pabst Blue Ribbon
>MAGA

Based Taiwan

this
fucking chink jews

onions, post some real train fag

Attached: topM1_v5_est_2te116_transoil_norm_706a.jpg (706x200, 80K)

get out of here grandpa!

>tfw no fast train here in the US
shit's lame
took the bullet train from barcelona to madrid when I was visiting spain, shit was wonderful

Looks sexy as fuck

with the way the railroads get maintaind in the US you should be glad that the trains over there dont go really fast.

Don't you have HSR in the northwest?

*northeast

lol at the 49 second mark. the text says 'riding this as an adult is embarrassing"

The metra in Chicago still uses these. KEK

This makes no sense.
Also forgot earthquakes and volcanism.

I think a lot of energy is wasted and mechanical wear built up each time one of these has to stop, no? How would you load and deload passengers without having to slow down?

What about the new line in Florida?

>Twilight Express
twilightexpress-mizukaze.jp/en/cars/index.html

>Get in the fuckin' train, Shinji.

thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=LJ9vkt7BHYI

I seriously hope you guys play OpenTTD

hobos gave been perfecting that art for over a 100 years now.

Yes, get these train autists outta here!

Go back to please

CHOO CHOO!
haha

you really need to drag your ass back to 1chan

Very cool!

I still love the E1 design
Gone too soon

It's electric, they recuperate most of the energy when stopping, using the motors as generators for stopping.

finally a good fucking post

the number of poster this train has brought to prison is quite amazing,

Based and redpilled

it was THIS close during the kunamoto earthquake tho the train was passing right through the fault during the rupture time and when the conductor slammed the brakes but the atc thought it was accel because of the ground moving so it released the brakes and the train derailed and almost went down a river

Nothing compared to China's HSR system.

I love my station.

ironically this train has derailed thousands of weeb zoofucker pedophile threads

Attached: 1318747327241.jpg (170x213, 5K)

I guess slow cargo trains get in the way

only 3rd world shitholes have trouble with earthquakes because they have dogshit building standards

SLOW

Why can't murica into trains?

Attached: 592873e0820ad020008b45cc-750-375.jpg (750x375, 52K)

Does this include California?

Needless to say, besides the imaginary waifu I'd be taking along I'd of course pay for the tickets with my nonexistent fortune, and get by on my profoundly scant knowledge of Japanese (which from what a I've heard is more or less mandatory of you want to ride on that train).

Because at their zenith after being the last white man standing after ww2, they built the best and greatest trains and shiet. They haven't updated since the Golden age of the 50s.

Replace trains with public transportation. Everything except their subways sucks becaise of their car oriented culture and suburbs.

youtube.com/watch?v=MnxQDvyP8Lc
Top speed 603 km/h (375 mph)

Impressive.

low population density makes them uneconomical

Its the other way around user

trains are good for linking areas of high population density. trains are best in japan and europe. If you have small towns and cities all over the place its more economical to use trucks which dont need special rails built for them

I'll always maintain that Australia would have been infinitely better off if all the disparate fucktard colonies there had decided upon THE SAME FUCKING GAUGE. But nooooooooo, same fucking bullshit that had them create a capitol in bumfuck nowhere instead of own of the two main, long established cities.

An integrated rail system would have helped Australia prosper and develop.
Then again, a functional rail system would have been a boon to those fucking Japs if the yanks hadn't fucked their shit up for us in the Coral Sea or wherever it was.

Not being a desert would have helped Australia prosper and develop

fpbp

ah I miss having my lego trains and being a trainhead

TGV

Attached: 12562684.jpg (1500x843, 197K)

their freight trains passes through the b lines
shinkansen was always meant to be a passenger only line
japan isnt like canada or usa that they flipped passengers for freight

This garbage is so bad it is almost amusing. Almost.

What is the truth of the matter O great wizard?

us railways are garbage?
yeah i agree
the same goes for canada..
chris tarrant has an excellent documentary series going on called extreme railway journeys

I rode it once, in 1998, into Osaka. My host family paid for the ticket. I was going to visit their daughter whom they wanted me to marry. She is now a lesbian and lives in Thailand.

elon musk will make trains obsolete. hyper loop is the future, fucking rice eater

fuck off jaypee

It always amazes me that train travel in the UK is so poor in comparison. We have the same high population density, wealth and we fucking invented the train

>I'll always maintain that Australia would have been infinitely better off if all the disparate fucktard colonies there had decided upon THE SAME FUCKING GAUGE
Everything was standardised in 1995. That's 23 years to start towards a fix.

Rail is stupid and dead, I won't grieve it.
Now, O-bahn's that's a technology worth pursuing.

>we fucking invented the train

Attached: 1539352235132.jpg (700x461, 50K)

It's not friday though...

>trains will be obsoleted by trains
?

>Stevenson's Rocket

based nihon.

How old are you? I doubt you invented anything.
"We" is the first person plural. It includes you.

Richard Trevithick, inventor who pioneered early steam engines and laid foundation for building all the future railway systems that are used today.

Was from Britain. Sorry your uneducated.

First world shithole country

Why not a railway network on the east and west coast since the majority of us citizens are living on the coast?

Attached: 71789-004-88879E35.gif (821x531, 149K)

Because we're fucking huge.

>Because we're fucking huge.

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg (399x385, 35K)

because its all about profits
the cheapest method to get highest profit

>logo is an upside-down snail

Attached: 1540220906067.png (1920x1080, 2.68M)

>Italy
>the country known for scamming everyone, even themselves
>thinking you have the right to brag about trains when you have AnsaldoBreda, the cancer of the train world

Attached: AnsaldoBreda Salesman.jpg (640x480, 37K)

I'm Swiss but the Frecchiarossa is comfy as fuck. And quite cheap, too.

America is too big for passenger trains to be usefull, since most of the US is unpopulated
We're bigger than Europe, have less than half the people, and less cities, which are spread further apart than European cities, plus our cities are car centric in design, which makes setting up new railways a nightmare, along with regulation, and contractors who abuse government contracts making infrastructure projects impossibly to easily complete

Trains could work in California, Florida, and New England, but that's probably the extent of it

you are actually smaller than europe like almost 2 million km2 smaller...
you have less people just like europe did before the railway revolution

its not that it wont work its because usa and canada prioritize freight trains over passenger trains..the funny thing is only african countries peru usa and canada are doing this..

500type-eva.jp/

Attached: 13[1].jpg (640x380, 61K)

I love riding the Shinkansen so much, it's unreal how comfortable it is. It's quieter than driving on the highway in my car.

We need new Densha de GO! games.
youtube.com/watch?v=gVBKVGn47fk

Attached: Untitled.png (696x523, 446K)

>one mention of white people sends user into a shitfit
Yeah that's about right.

.t Buttmad Nederfag

Thanks for the money, chump!

Attached: mako_check.png (698x720, 760K)

car shinkansen

Attached: file.png (900x549, 355K)