Fagubuntu consume 8 giga ram kym! i have a couple of browser pages open, and 1 terminal running a local server

fagubuntu consume 8 giga ram kym! i have a couple of browser pages open, and 1 terminal running a local server.
what the hell am i doing wrong?
try auto clean and auto remove it doesn't very helpful..
i dont want to restart fagots help.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-10-28 16-48-12.png (1920x1080, 244K)

run htop and post results

this to prove you are not lying

>3 instances of firefox ... possibly running some youtube shit.
>2 instances of fileroller ... possibly compressing some files right now.
>dubious shit running in terminal
>a whole lot of other programs running

it's probably a crypto mining extension on firefox; check what you installed on it, it has happened to me when I installed "ublocker" instead of ublock origin. Also could be a javascript from a tab you have open

Unused RAM is wasted RAM.

Also qbittorrent is running.

Also gnome-shell

modern pc need 256gb ram for comfy work

True, When I tried ubuntu 18.04 a couple of weeks ago RAM would slowly increase over a couple of days. Even after closing everything. There's definitely something wrong.

fals

Unused ram is wasted ram.
It's not actively using it, it is cached and inactive

What if it's never released?

No.
Read Everything you open is cached for quick access at later date by the NSA , because that's what jewbuntu is used for

It is released, when it is needed.
Use
Sync && echo 3 | sudo tee /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches
If you want to see the cached nem get dropped

also gnome itself

GNOME Shell software currently requires 4-6 GB of RAM minimum. That's normal.

FUCKKKKKKIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGNOME! STOP EATING ALL MY RAM!!!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE(S)!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: Screenshot_20181028_115555.png (2560x1373, 724K)

Thats unity, not gnome.

Firefox and bittorrent programs are most likely the cause, I'd suggest closing some tabs and removing some addons.

not likely its only 1 terminal window that actually functioning with a local django project it is not supposed to burn so much ram...
also browser luck videos only articals and documentation just text shit...
too much background execute software that cussing it i believe

>Thats unity, not gnome.
Look closer. It's actually KDE, and it definitely has a memory leak issue.I was just over 2.5G with the same shit running as when I posted that screen shot. It's no better than Gnome, maybe even a hair worse.

KDE does not have memory issues

I run KDE, and even my stats aren't this stupidly high. Something is seriously up with your config.

It does, but not as consistently as Gnome used to.