PS/2 is useless

Useless piece of shit

>Breaks easily
>No one uses it anymore
>Only one is put on motherboards now so good luck using 2 pieces of equipment without an adapter
>Not universally compatible
>Is completely outclassed by USB
>Larger and uglier than said USB
>Tried stealing the name of the world's most soled console

Why the fuck do we still have this piece of trash.
I see no real reason to have it or use it so why do motherboard manufacturers insist on adding it to their keyboards.

Attached: ps2_both.jpg (425x283, 32K)

Attached: 1521025472116.png (908x444, 80K)

Funny MeMe! XD

>Only one is put on motherboards
That's not true. Even several "gamer" models have both ports.

>Why the fuck do we still have this piece of trash.
>I see no real reason to have it or use it so why do motherboard manufacturers insist on adding it to their keyboards.
Because not everybody wants to throw away his PS/2 keyboard.
Because backwards compatibility.
Because you'll be glad to be able to plug in a keyboard the day your USB ports fail to initialize for one reason or another.

Hello there, Zoomer. Shouldn't you be playing Fortnite and partaking in the GPU wars? I heard Nvidia is the winning team, go Nvidia!

>legacy bios
>use usb keyboard
>doesn't work
woooooooooow

PS/2 has VERY good purposes for existing. For one, it gives faster response times because it literally sends an interrupt to the CPU. Therefore, it's better for gaymurs or really anyone who likes super-responsive keyboard input. Furthermore, it's a great security feature. I have heard of server admins who will disable all the USB ports on their systems in BIOS and then use a PS/2 keeb if they ever need to directly connect to the machine (and not just ssh). Doing this means that people can get keyboard input to the system without also opening it up to the threat of someone shoving a malicious USB drive into it.
Lastly, I have heard some people find it useful for rescuing damaged/corrupted systems. I remember hearing that someone had a BIOS screen that wouldn't recognize USB keyboards because of an issue, but it certainly understood PS/2. It's the safe backup option for when SHTF.

how does your laptop wake from suspension then

USB keyboards are pretty much all literal botnet

>put on motherboards
I just bought a new MB and there is a PS2 slot. Why is this trash still there?

shut your whore mouth and be grateful

Can you have NKRO through USB yet?

*teleports behind you*

Attached: Templeos-header.png (650x490, 20K)

no reason to not have it

Attached: 0876a241.png (330x265, 81K)

PS2 is the only thing you can depend on when in harsh conditions like when the temps go so low that the USB controller simply doesn't work.

Or when shit is airgapped and USB is disabled.

I will save 2c if its not there tho

I used PS/2 to install Windows 7 on a Ryzen build, because the utility for preloading mouse drivers is broken.

Attached: 1536105568953.jpg (604x604, 27K)

/thread

Shut up, newfag. PS/2 is still widely used in enterprise applications for a myriad of reasons. No one cares if some /v/toddler doesn't know what it's for. Now go back, fucker.

Are you fucking stupid? Are seriously telling manufacturers to remove useful ports for no fucking reason when they cost nothing to add? This right here is why this board utterly despises /v/edditors. Filthy and dumb, /v/tard scum.

truth

This.

aren't those post just emulated PS/2 ports?

What? You fucking underage cunt, get outta here

Can USB do n-key rollover yet?

No

Funny. Too bad it hasn't been true for about ten years.

/v/tards shill for PS/2 because muh input lag you retard

Bad bait.

>Breaks easily
Never had one break on me.
>No one uses it anymore
It's still used widely today
>Only one is put on motherboards now so good luck using 2 pieces of equipment without an adapter
Not true, Some mobos have one, most have two. Thats if any are on the motherboard
But harder for dumbasses to jam in backwards and breaking the port
lol PS/2 was used years ago before Sony even made a console

fippybippy

if anything, playstation 2 tried stealing the name of the ibm personal system 2. the ps/2 is older

Found the apple homosexual.

i still use it, less latency.

It was made way before the sony PS2 kid

> >Only one is put on motherboards now
> >Not universally compatible
But this "only one" connector is.
> >Tried stealing the name of the world's most soled console
Oooh. I get it, you're "trolling". How cute.

>>Tried stealing the name of the world's most soled console
What the fuck is soled? Fucking zoomer phone poster doesn't know that this predates Sony's console business as a whole

Thanks doc

anybody who uses legacy shit like ps/2 are just hipsters or people still using old outdated computers

i have usb disabled in the bios, one because i have no use for it (ps2 keyboard and usb to ps2 converter on my old logitech mouse), two because my first experience with it many years back has been unstable but that was probably VIAs fault

If I connect my USB-keyboard though a PS2 adapter. How does the PC handle that? will it work just like a normal PS2 keyboard?

>Because you'll be glad to be able to plug in a keyboard the day your USB ports fail to initialize for one reason or another.

Actually happened to me when my registry got corrupted and windows failed to load the USB drivers in recovery mode.

It uses hardware interrupt and is n-key rollover. Are you kidding me nigger? PS/2 is FAR superior to USBallsack.

Attached: 1352064975124.jpg (300x300, 42K)

standard ps/2 keyboard, yes

>taking the bait

I wanted to post this, but I see you did

>anybody who uses legacy shit like ps/2 are just hipsters or people still using old outdated computers
your life is outdated, you need to SIGKILLYOURSELF now

Prevent: hacking through USB

One time, I killed all my usb ports while trying to install a driver for my ps3 controller. Had a spare ps/2 keyboard, so I used it to uninstall the driver and fix the ports. Good times.

>Breaks easily
>No one uses it anymore
>Not universally compatible
You're retarded.

PS/2 doesn't crash your system, idiot. You can unplug it and plug it back in normally.