Oh no no no

reuters.com/article/us-red-hat-m-a-ibm/ibm-nears-deal-to-acquire-cyber-security-company-red-hat-sources-idUSKCN1N20N3

oh no no no

Attached: IBM-redhat.jpg (2048x1152, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newsroom.ibm.com/2018-10-28-IBM-To-Acquire-Red-Hat-Completely-Changing-The-Cloud-Landscape-And-Becoming-Worlds-1-Hybrid-Cloud-Provider
investors.redhat.com/ir-resources/investor-faqs/what-acquisitions-has-red-hat-made
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Raptor-Blackbird-Details
riscv.org/2018/05/sifive-announces-investment-from-intel-capital/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Holy shit.

why is that t-rex punching a stegosaurus?

fuck yeah, please based nazi ibm, save linux from the jewish coc menace.

>IBM returns to the PC market
>Year of the Linux Desktop

Don't worry Oracle will buy them instead.

> Impling that's a bad thing.

Based IBM, just get rid of Pottering and Gnome .

RIP Red Hat, IBM is cancer

Ubuntu won.

>cyber security company Red Hat

Why doesn't American anti-trust fucking work?

If IBM is not already controlling Red Hat (systemd, flatpak, hardcore shilling and lying from Red Hat employees and other super shit tech from last years) this is super good news!

>all these ibm shills itt
Considering systemd essentially is an operating system on its own this is fucking based. All you fucking retarded faggots shilling systemd are going to have to kill yourselves on livestream for Jow Forums now

>just get rid of Pottering and Gnome .
Corporations fucking love gnome.

there's more where that came from
>Red Hat specializes in Linux operating systems, the most popular type of open-source software, which was developed as an alternative to proprietary software made by Microsoft Corp
but to be honest, it's aimed at investors and even categorized as business news, so that's an understandable level of simplification

OH NO NO NO LINUX BROS WE GOT TOO COCKY

newsroom.ibm.com/2018-10-28-IBM-To-Acquire-Red-Hat-Completely-Changing-The-Cloud-Landscape-And-Becoming-Worlds-1-Hybrid-Cloud-Provider

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Oh fuck.

>IBM becoming #1 cloud provider
Are they really deluded enough to believe this?

Jesus Titty-fucking Christ.

classic meme

fuck

Anti-trust is irrelevant here. Maybe if Microsoft was aquiring them it would be an issue worth looking at

>IBM buying the company that maintains systemd

That's it. Linux is fucking finished.

IBM/Red Hat
SAP/SuSE
Microsoft/Ubuntu

Microsoft is buying canonical?

They're in bed with them for WSL

Yep. Linus will be hired by Apple.

Is Linux dead now? Red Hat wasn't supposed to need a parent company unlike these two others

Sad.

Just imagine what IBM will come up with. Systemd Cloud Subscription?

Bros do you think RH employees will get laid off and given a good severence? Asking for a friend

Not immediately, it'll take at least a few months for a bureaucratic dinosaur like IBM to start trashing the company.

Their job will probably be outsourced to India ASAP so getting laid off is certain.

30bn has to come from somewhere, so no severance pack 4u. you'll get accused of being a white male and fired on the spot.

Actually, the T-rex is giving the stego a noogie.

Fuck

Now they only have to reacquire their PC division from Lenovo.

Holy shit. So IBM now makes GNU/Linux. The Linux desktop (GNOME), all the plumbing/foundations bits (PipeWire, PulseAudio, SystemD, Wayland, Flatpak, etc.), a large part of the kernel. How is it going to change things with IBM being in control of Linux? Will this be good or bad?

Attached: 1520387228753.jpg (447x456, 10K)

Be positive. We might be wrong and everything might turn out alright. Maybe.

It's terrible because it means that a faceless, amoral dinosaur is now almost completely in charge of the entire GNU/Linux software stack.

The trojan horse systemD botnet now makes sense. It's over folks. Linux is done.

>RIP Red Hat
Red Hat does most of the heavy lifting in the world of Linux. Linux is, unironically, fucked.

Who employs the GCC project leads by the way?

>travel freeze
>cost freeze
>hire freeze
th-thanks ginny

> Red Hat does most of the heavy lifting in the world of Linux
Not exactly. They buy successful products, doesn't mean the word will stop turning around without them. investors.redhat.com/ir-resources/investor-faqs/what-acquisitions-has-red-hat-made

We'll see.

How can anyone defend systemd after this?

>Not exactly
You have no idea what you're talking about.

what the fuck. RH is running servers all around the world, on battleships, supercomputers, etc. I’m genuinely confused as to how or why this is happening. If anything, I would expect it to be the other way around.

Holy fuck.
Linux on POWER9 is going to be the future

Even though it's slowly falling to pieces, IBM is still a fucking huge company.

34 billion is the price

Given what the average tech company goes for nowadays, that's pretty cheap to buy out the rest of the GNU/Linux stack.

FUCK

Attached: rmsamurai.png (954x1400, 739K)

Isn't there an affordable open-hardware single-socket consumer motherboard coming out soon? How much do the CPUs cost?

The CPUs are cheap, in the $200-300 range.
The problem is that raptor's motherboards are crazy expensive. >$1000 for a single socket model.

They're coming out with a new model that people suspect to be in the $700 area but I haven't seen proof.

You're looking for SiFive's SBCs.

This. Poorfags get fucked.

Talos Blackbird. The big pimp HEDT/Workstation/Server boards are the Raptor II.

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Raptor-Blackbird-Details

Attached: intel user forgot to delid.png (600x376, 382K)

wonder what this means for fedora

Probably nothing.
Fedora was the "Windows Insider" model before the concept of public beta testing Windows releases even existed.

Why would IBM suddenly put a stop to crowd-sourced beta testing?
Plebs love it.

>Yo have no idea what you're talking about.
You mean Open IBM Linux?

Just wait for ARM.

RISC-V is going to be where it's at for open, trustworthy hardware. Give it a few more years though.

riscv.org/2018/05/sifive-announces-investment-from-intel-capital/
"SiFive Announces Investment From Intel Capital"
;>

Wonder what Canonical thinks about it.
They either fucking won or are completely screwed.

i fucking knew it

lennartfags should choke

Not just POWER9. IBM has been positioning their Linux-powered mainframes as a physical full scale cloud in one box. This gives them significant vertical integration in a world where nobody else but Debian gives a fuck about s390x. Literally all they need to do is polish up RHEL/CentOS/Fedora for laptop use and they've got a penguin powered mainframe and client stack.
>everything is webapps or otherwise backed on the mainframe
>instead of 3270s the clients are Linux laptops running browsers
IBM could even do their own line of POWER or ARM laptops specifically optimized for this role to cut Intel and Microsoft out of the picture entirely.

Attached: chibi_ibm_watson_tan_by_bellacielod39shj4.jpg (900x1355, 164K)

i warned you about systemd dude

i warned you dog

Canonical has oddly enough been partnering with Microsoft on shit.
>Ubuntu was the first and most prominent distro on WSL
>Ubuntu VMs get special platform integration into Hyper-V that to date only Windows had had, meaning things like fullscreen res, copy/paste, etc. work out of the box
>both companies utterly failed in the phone space and are offering Android integrations

Hopefully people will move away from that SHIT now that it's rightly associated with bloodsuckers

I wouldn't worry too much about that, other manufacturers will be producing RISC-V hardware too, and Intel has historically had some stake in other technologies without any real consequences. At one point they were making ARM processors.

>Current employee for IBM working on """"cloud""""
They relocate employees that are older to get them to quit to avoid giving them severance pay.

>At one point they were making ARM processors
I'm curious, What point did they mark ARM CPUs?

a faceless amoral dinosaur is better than blue-haired psychopaths bent on taking you out of the picture.

We couldn't take Windows, so we'll take the next best thing :^)

I believe they made the StrongARM and XScale.

>a faceless amoral dinosaur is better than blue-haired psychopaths bent on taking you out of the picture.

You raise a very good point there, user.

Is IBM redpilled?

Nothing personal, it's just business.

IBM is too conservative culturally to put up with the SJW tranny nonsense, so in a way, yes.

Embrace
Extend
Be too bloated to know what's going on with the Red Hat department

Wow Intel wanted StrongARM in smart phones, in 1999

Redhat is a cyber security company?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKING IBM GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT

It depends on the office. The Austin and San Francisco offices are loaded with homos and hipster faggots (who are also all web devs btw)
But they have no real power.
They're just webdevs after all.

I work for RH on one of our cloud products. Should I be worried friend?

It seems like that was a different situation. If one posed the question when was the peak threat for x86 from ARM, the likely answer would probably be it's right about now.
In that sense no wonder Intel is putting some money behind RISC-V.

> our
Their.

IBM selling Red Hat to the chinks when?

Whatever

Yes, that would figure too. RISC-V has the potential to be a massive, massive kick in the balls to ARM.

They legally can't do that. Red Hat stuff is used in DoD projects so the feds will block that sale every time.

RIP Red Hat

DoD would be more likely to fork it and demand all contractors use their own blessed distro, requiring credentials to download of course.

>Red Hat specializes in Linux operating systems
Stallfag btfo

LOL at the open source fags BTFO by these corporations who they thought were their "allies" suddenly selling out.

It's all about the benjamins, bitches. Always has been; always will be.

Attached: money.jpg (480x360, 38K)

idk man I just started. I work on IBM cloud, maybe we'll slack eachother if I don't find a contract that pays me more than IBM does

desu most realistically; you're looking at 5 years of integration work as IBM cloud swallows whatever cloud products redhat offers. That's how it is w/ softlayer rn.

Attached: howicurrentlyfeel.jpg (654x643, 31K)

Rekt Hat