>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose and graphics pairing
>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo

CPU
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - If you have a $2000+ budget and don't care that it'll be superseded by 7nm CPUs next year
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Wait for R7 3700X - Surely the best overall and not a massive disappointment like the 9900k
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti, but awful value.
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>NVMe are not for gaming; See "More"

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models.
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous
More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: 1499601719623.jpg (522x377, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/g3RCq4
pcpartpicker.com/list/HdbcV6
techpowerup.com/248983/nvidias-gddr5x-varnished-gtx-1060-only-ticks-at-8-8-gbps-over-192-bit
palit.com/palit/vgapro.php?id=3069&lang=en&pn=NEB1060U15J9-1045D&tab=sp
pcpartpicker.com/list/zNzbcY
pcpartpicker.com/products/case/#p=1&sort=price&t=11,9,12,10&xcx=0
pcpartpicker.com/list/72P9XP
pcpartpicker.com/list/vjzrtg
ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/kotinos/saved/fprtgs
pcpartpicker.com/list/xmYbGG
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5X or RX 590?
Which rumor card sounds better?

which evers cheaper

rx 590 sounds better based on rumors.

PCIe x1 cards ends at pin 18. There's nothing wrong with pic related if you're trying to fit a card into close-ended PCIe x1 slots due to various reasons.

GDDR5X 1060 seems like it would often perform WORSE than the GDDR5 card, just like how the 1080 sometimes performs worse than the 1070Ti due to the 1080 having slower latency GDDR5X.
Maybe Nvidia is going to clock them higher as well to compensate so they're still overall better?

But somehow the 590 is benching 9-16% higher, which is much higher than you'd expect from a small clock speed increase.

Ultimately though, Nvidia can never win the budget segment because of gsync cost. You can get a 75hz Freesync IPS for $90, which is still meaningful due to 60fps locked games. Cheapest Gsync monitors are around $250 or some shit. The 1440p situation is even worse.

I've never done a super small form factor build and was wondering if AMD cpu's would get too hot. I planned on delidding if I got an Intel CPU and wanted to know what you guys think.

Which is more beneficial for gaming at 240hz 1080p: 1080ti or 2080ti? On AAA titles I'd like to have at least 144fps, but on games like CSGO as and R6 I'd want 240hz

Attached: 1530146657867.png (581x720, 338K)

I keep my AMD poozen cold using poo in loo

pcpartpicker.com/list/g3RCq4
how is this build?
I would make enough money to buy all of this by december

How is this for my first build? I got the case from a friend
pcpartpicker.com/list/HdbcV6

Attached: 1537222274097.png (431x402, 283K)

What motivated you to make this post.

Attached: 1531865762550.jpg (400x400, 49K)

Can I get away with 1 case fan? Will the temps get noticeably better if I add 2 more?
I could get some dirt cheap ones but I guess they will sound like a turbine but on the other hand I don't want to spend $20 for a case fans if they don't cool well

2600 or a 1700x I'll be running either on a 30-40$ cpu cooler (for example coolermaster 212) and a 1070ti @1080p
I'm someone who mostly games but streams and records video on occasion. I know the 2600 will be better for strictly gaming but since there is only like 0.3 megahertz tops between the two, how much fps can I expect to lose? I only play Tera online which is pretty cpu intensive and badly optimized.

Attached: 05A27231-6DD6-4A1A-AB2F-2E9568942DAE.jpg (1200x800, 156K)

>pcpartpicker.com/list/HdbcV6
is this for just gaming? it's not bad.

I'm deciding between a 2600x or a 2700x I'm not going to stream or do a lot of editing but I am thinking of running some vm's any recommendations?

do you plan on overclocking? if not the 2600 comes with a good stock cooler.

I hope to overclock either as far as they let me on a 30-40$ aftermarket cooler. Also not sure if I should do a manual overclock or let XFR do its thing

Yeah. Im coming from an HP envy with an integrated gpu that gave me 720p and 30fps on ultra min graphics.

Also, this was on simple games like overwatch or warframe

What the fuck? You can get 240fps in CSGO with an RX580 or 1060.
You can get 240fps in R6 Siege with Vega 56. And you'd save nearly $1000.

Maybe do some more research instead of blindly throwing money at it.

1700 will give better stream quality.
2600 will give better FPS in games.
Why not just wait for the 2700 to go on sale again? It was like $230 last week.

Benchmarks and whichever gets more value.

Which one guys?

Attached: 11-854-051-V26.jpg (1280x960, 49K)

yeah, you're good if you just want 60fps in 1080p. you might want to upgrade the gpu if you want 144fps or higher.

Attached: 71JD23Qxi3L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 112K)

And the 1060 6GB GDDR5X just lost.
techpowerup.com/248983/nvidias-gddr5x-varnished-gtx-1060-only-ticks-at-8-8-gbps-over-192-bit

palit.com/palit/vgapro.php?id=3069&lang=en&pn=NEB1060U15J9-1045D&tab=sp

Are the Asus Dual designs really that bad?
I was looking at getting the RX 580 Dual 4GB since it's less than MSRP, but if it's going to run hot or loud then that'd be a turn off desu
My main concerns are thermals and, to a somewhat lesser extent, noise. I don't want it running hot, even though I know it'd be fine running at, for example, 70C.
Also, is it all RX 580's that come with the gayme codes? A friend of mine wanted AC Odyssey, so if I could still get it, that would offload some of the cost of the card desu

That is so strange.
Did Micron/Hynix overproduce GDDR5X and sell it to Nvidia at a loss?
Or is it left over poorly binned GDDR5X that wasn't good enough for other cards?

At 8.8Gbps and slower latency, these are going to be slower than the current 9Gbps 1060, afaik.

Whichever you like most. Holy shit.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/HdbcV6
Holy shit $1450 for 6 threads and a 1060. That's atrocious. I can't believe another user okay'ed that.

Save $140 and get a better 1440p AHVA monitor with it instead.
pcpartpicker.com/list/zNzbcY

It's probably enough of a cooler for the 1060, but it's not really enough for the RX580.
However if it's like $170 or something cheap, you can just undervolt it and you'd be fine.

>is it all RX 580's that come with the gayme codes
I think so? Check AMD's site for the rules.
MSI also has a $30 Amazon gift card rebate going on now that can be combined with the game deal. So it might be better to get the Armor Mk2 580 8Gb for $225, minus $30 rebate, plus the games and it winds up being like $50 for a pretty decent model.

>That is so strange.
>Did Micron/Hynix overproduce GDDR5X and sell it to Nvidia at a loss?
>Or is it left over poorly binned GDDR5X that wasn't good enough for other cards?
>
>At 8.8Gbps and slower latency, these are going to be slower than the current 9Gbps 1060, afaik.
Probably they expect people to overclock them but how likely they are to hit 11Gbps?
At stock they are only 5GB/s slower, but what about latency?
The fact that they are releasing another GTX 1060 means that there is way too much stock.

Yeah, it's pretty much $170 haha.
I can offset the price by selling a friend the Odyssey key, I did look it up and it's still active.
I can also sell my current card for a bit of money to further offset the price of the 580.
The reason I was looking at the Asus Dual was because I'm not in Ameriga and it's the only 580 for this sort of price.

>gtx 1080ti for $520
>gtx 2080ti for $999+tax
Just thinking about spending twice the price of the 1080ti is nauseating. I think I'll get the 1080ti for now and maybe get the 21

How much would it cost just to get 1080p and 60fps for any game? Would it even be worth it to shoot for higher than that?

>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
Why would someone recommend something that performs less than a G4560/G5400 and costs more?

as much as I love my poozen, dual core is dead memes. Get an 2200g as minumum

Which would be wiser, getting a lower end RX580 with a shit cooler, having to underclock/undervolt it to have it run at acceptable heat output, or buying a higher end RX570 (still cheaper than the lower end 580) and overclocking it?

Also, is it a good idea buying a manufacturer refurbished graphics card anymore?
I can get my hands on an MSI Gaming R9 390X for $200 USD. Supposedly they outperform RX580's for similar price, but more heat output.

Save more money, its something you will use for 3-5 years user.
If you have a case that has a side fan slot buy a 120-140mm for it later on.
Just avoid the single fan RX580.

>Probably they expect people to overclock them but how likely they are to hit 11Gbps?
Why would they care about that when they stopped making 1070s long ago, and the 1060 is like 40% behind the 1070Ti?
They could have made the 1060 15% faster for virtually no cost and effort and called it the 1060Ti.

Because a G5400 literally won't boot some games due to lack of AVX support, you dumb shill. And the iGPU in it gives it better gaming performance overall on iGPU than a top end intel CPU, let alone a Pentium.

Seems like the one to go for, then. It's not like undervolting is difficult. Driver might crash and recover the first few attempts, but then you'll get it.
The former I suppose.
You lose say 3% FPS or so if you lower clocks by 4.5% and lower the voltage ~6%. That still puts it above a 570.
>I can get my hands on an MSI Gaming R9 390X for $200 USD. Supposedly they outperform RX580's for similar price, but more heat output.
Don't think that's the case at all. Newer games almost always seem to favor Polaris. So you get worse performance for higher power consumpion with the 390X.
Also considering you can get an RX580 for under $200, plus ~$125 worth of games included.. Sell the keys and it's like a $50-$75 card.

How do you recommend selling the keys?

all I want to do is play meme esports games and watch anime; should I just do a 2200g build? It's not itx for ANY reason other than the fact that I like it when my pc is absolutely tiny. Also future proofing is a meme, and the only argument for it in this point in time is for AMD and 7nm.

Attached: hooah.jpg (704x496, 63K)

You can get 240hz easily with a 1060. 144fps 1080p on AAA titles on ultra settings is a little more demanding. I'm not exactly sure you would hit it on all of them but if you lower the settings a bit i think a 1080 or a 1080ti will be able to. Not 100% sure tho. An 8700k or above will help get more frames out.

Around what time is the 3700x coming out?

Scratch that a 1070 or a 1070ti may even do that. Not on ultra settings tho for every AAA title there are a few exceptions

Where do you live that a 1050 ti is $220?

Should I go Nvidia or Amd? On one hand,I like more fps while gayming. On the other hand, If I end up moving to linux sometime I don't want to be buttfucked by the lack of Nvidia support on linux. So what should I do?

what's a decent and cheap low profile sata expansion card? wanting to add some hdds to an old hp sff machine, i can jam a couple in there but don't have the sata ports for them. trying to make a hobo home server with the extra old hdds i have from old builds. a 2 port one would work though a 4 port would be cooler.

Friends is the easiest way. Or trade them for something you want.
You can sell through g2a or something like that afaik?

1H 2019.

Even if you weren't concerned about free drivers on Linux, AMD is clearly the better choice for the past few months.

Yes, a 2200G will be more than enough.
Remove water cooling, avoid Corsair PSUs, look for Seasonic or EVGA G2/G3.

you don't need that AIO

Retard, I'm not defending the Pentium either. Both are shit CPUs and recommending them for anything other than office work is stupid, even stupider if you are recommending something that performs less for more. A 2200G should be the minimum if you are considering gaming.

Yeah I know.
Avoid corsair PSUs is new information to me, but thank you for the info.

Okay well what about the AAA titles like BF etc. I still want my games to look good. If I'm going to invest in something I want it to last a long time rather than pump and dump after a year or two.

I may go 1080ti w/ 8700k then. I've heard that the gains on a 2080ti are primarily gained at 1440p.

Attached: IMG_20180511_005528.jpg (1447x2047, 307K)

Get a smaller HTPC case with built in SFF PSU. Only need 150W but there are ones up to 300 or so.
Get 2400G. Remove meme loud cooler.
There you go. Much cheaper and fits your needs better, with a much more powerful CPU that'll last you longer.

Their lower end PSUs are bad. Anything below the TXM. CXM is bad.

1080p is baby resolution. Of course those mid-high end GPUs can run games at a high resolution.
I think it's funny that you're going to spend $3000 on 1080p.

Cheapest RX580 near me is the MSI Armor (Version 1, not the MK2) 8GB for $200 USD (convert)
Cheapest RX570 is the Strix OC 4GB for $130.
Is the 580 really worth that much more?
I don't have any income at the moment so can't just save any more. Best I have is selling some shit to afford something better in theory.
Will be selling the game codes
Don't live in america so can't do any rebates or something

how can I tell if a PCIE slot is 2.0 or 3.0?

Yeah that's all well and good but where are the passive 1050ti's at?

How we lookin boss?

Attached: rewrite.jpg (710x365, 47K)

But amdware shillboxed recommended a cxm the other day.

Palit KalmX is the only one I know of personally.
There may be more, but I don't bother looking into budget cards personally.

Are graphics cards dropping in price again?
I'm seeing a couple RX570's for $200 AUD & an RX580 for $250. They're all 4GB models, but $200 was about the starting price of GTX 1050 Ti's, where $250 was about the price of a "high end" model of the 1050 Ti.
ROG Strix OC & Aorus for the 570's, and Asus Dual for the 580.
Are they worth buying? Shipping for the Aorus & Dual cards are both about $30 to my area. Free shipping for the Strix 570.
All prices are AUD, if they seem odd at all. I was considering the Strix 570 since it's quite a bit cheaper than the other 2, and still comes with the 3 games that I'd probably sell (except for ass creed) and my current gpu too

Where is "near me" because in the US MSI has a $30 rebate which would bring that down to $170.
But yeah I'd just save money and get the $130 570 if you plan to upgrade sooner rather than later. 7nm GPUs coming next year. Or if you just simply don't need a higher performance GPU.

Might want to get a cheaper SSD like Silicon Power S55, or ADATA SU800. They are plenty fast.
That case is expensive as fuck. Though I guess it does have good upgradeability which may be worth it if your desires change. You could fit a mini GTX 1080 in there or Vega Nano easily.
pcpartpicker.com/products/case/#p=1&sort=price&t=11,9,12,10&xcx=0 Don't see what'd be wrong with one of the Apex ones.

k?

RX570 and 580 are dropping because the 590 is launching soon and looks to be a 9-16% performance improvement. Maybe 5% less if they're comparing to low end model 580s...
They want to clear inventory to justify the RX590 price not being as good of value, probably.
RX570/580 are cheaper than 1050Ti here in America as well at the moment.

>had mid-to-high tier pc for years
>never got the performance I expected on it, but always blamed it on a small bottleneck with my CPU
>looking online for a fix to some issues I'm having in a game
>come across a post telling me to check if my ram was dual-channel
>it wasnt
>for the past 3 years my ram wasnt being used correctly

Dont be a brainlet like me fellas.

Attached: 20180705_112602_1600x1285.jpg (1600x1285, 1.76M)

Yeah, even ignoring the game codes, the 2 570's are cheaper than a 1050 Ti here.
There are some 1050 Ti's cheaper or similar price to the Dual 580, but there's no competition between the two when it comes to performance.
I'm not too interested in the games, so I'll probably just get the 580, sell the 2 other keys, keep Odyssey, sell my current graphics card, and probably at a profit desu

Also, when is a supposed 590 coming out? Is there any price figure estimated for them at the moment?

How bad is a 27” 1440p monitor for watching anime? Will I never be able to watch full screen ever again?

300 bucks

Well fuck, I'll probably not wait for that, then.
If I was going to spend close to $500, I'd rather just wait for a Vega sale.
Oh well, hopefully it's still a good card.

How's this SSD? Cheaper, higher capacity than cheaper S55 and SU800 models.

Attached: weeoo.jpg (1158x410, 67K)

>k?
So how is it shit

Look for ADATA SU800, the reason is the DRAM cache, you might want to avoid anything that uses SLC cache.
Motherboard is waay too expensive and not that great
Avoid cases that come with PSUs, they are usually really low end and is the last part you should cheap on.

Just get kingston it's like $30 now

Nov 15th is what I've heard, which sounds right given the usual AMD GPU release cycle vs sales.
9-16% performance improvement apparently, somehow..?
I don't know how. I would only expect like 6-7% extra performance from the 10% clock speed increase. Maybe there are some further optimizations somewhere but the supposed leaked benchmarks look good assuming it's still around $225 MSRP US.

You can reencode it to a higher resolution pretty effectively.

That's only 240Gb. That's not really much better price/$ than the MX500 for a slower drive.

Why avoid SLC..?
SLC and MLC 3D NAND drives tend to be perfectly fast without a cache. Only thing I'd avoid is non-3D without a cache, and TLC in general whether 3D or not.

User reviews point to a high rate of failure within the first 1-3 months. Not worth the hassle when there are a similarly priced better options.
I don't care what clickbait unboxed recommends. I almost always disagree with them.

Just earlier in this thread I was told to get an HTPC case with a SFF psu, I don't really know if getting a whole other psu and the same case but w/o is a psu is really worth it or necessary. Switched out the ssd too.

Attached: peep.jpg (1174x468, 80K)

Look, do you really need a ITX/SFF build?
Why not just mATX build so you don't have problems when it comes to selecting parts?

that case without PSU included is even more expensive.
afaik the included one you can get on the 202 is a decent PSU and that user is just making a blanket wrong statement.

Does the stock cooler fit in that case, though? I suppose it might. I'd still look at option options like Silverstone slim mITX cases which tend to be easier to work with. Or again, one like those Apex brand cases.

user said a small case was desired.
If the build fits the needs, there's no reason not to go that route.

Thoughts on using my old FX6300 instead of the current Pentium G3220 for my Minecraft server?

About how much would a rig targeting 60fps and less than 2k res cost?

Attached: v0wvuvr4fcu11.png (719x782, 810K)

Like $750.

idk. If it only uses 1 or 2 threads, I think the Pentium is better.

~$800 including IPS monitor for 1080p 60-75hz. Over $100 less if you count those 3 games from AMD as subtracting from the cost.
~1250 including monitor for 1440p with a 144hz IPS monitor, but targeting more around 75-120fps for most games. Again less if you count the games.

Do I need? No. But little PCs make me happy. I don't mind the trouble, I just wanna make sure I don't buy anything stupid.

Im trying to upgrade a prebuilt, how can I tell if the motherboard and BIOS is compatible with the GPU? Specifically a 1060 3gb

You only need to spend ~1250 for a 1440p 144hz IPS monitor plus set up? How so?

Which 1 do i buy?

Attached: 20181029_141628.jpg (720x1124, 223K)

1000W obviously.

depends, what your build? So far Id say top one

2600x/2070

pcpartpicker.com/list/72P9XP

What are a few things I should upgrade if I was considering spending around a $1000. I only use the computer for gaming. I play games like rust, ark, pubg, Arma 3, and fall out 76 in the likely future. I play the listed games for the pvp competitive aspect. Thanks for looking.

I just bought a new 3440x1440 120hz monitor the other month. Guess my old graphics card couldn't handle it alongside my old monitor and killed itself.

Which graphics card should I get for a 3440x1440 120hz main and a 2560x1080 secondary monitor?

The 750 G3 is good enough for everything unless you are getting a Vega build.

Still running an ancient i5-2500k btw

The GPU above everything, the 970 is not the best card for gaming.
More storage?
NH-D15 for better temperatures/overclocking.

Who generally makes the most compatible mobos for Ryzen as far as RAM is concerned?

MSI and ASUS.

>You only need to spend ~1250 for a 1440p 144hz IPS monitor plus set up? How so?
AHVA which is IPS based tech
pcpartpicker.com/list/vjzrtg

Why do you need 750w?
The P2 I guess. $10 more for platinum isn't bad.
650w should be perfectly fine for 2070. Hell, even 550w would be.

2080Ti. And get a better CPU. 2600/X is fine for 120fps.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/72P9XP
CPU is still okay, though not overpopulating your memory channels would have helped.
I'm surprised that CPU cooler keeps that CPU cool without being loud.
Weakest part of the system is your GPU.

Looking to upgrade from my old phenom II, looking at a 1800x or 7700k. Opinions on each? For gaming btw, card is a 1060.

Reading all the advice I was given in this thread I really just ended up reverting to what I had originally anyway. If there's anything I could do to cut costs without losing any significant amount of performance I would appreciate the input. I might just go mATX to be honest, but right now I'm content with this. Anyway; Good night, anons.
ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/kotinos/saved/fprtgs

Attached: 1535226206637.jpg (377x326, 67K)

Avoid 6000 and 7000 CPUs.

Look for Ryzen 2200, 2400G or 2600.
I5-8600K or I7-8700K, avoid everything else.

Thanks
Interesting, I wouldn't have thought about the nh-d15...this is my first build, from about 2 years ago. Do you have a strong opinion on the 1080 vs 1080 to vs 2080 and 2080ti? Lol my monitor is on this link

pcpartpicker.com/list/xmYbGG

K, any reasons why?

The RTX 2000 series GPU are just overpriced GPUs with gimmicks that aren't not supported yet by any game, hell the windows update that is needed is not even out yet.

2080=1080Ti but $300 more.
The 2080Ti is barely stronger but way too expensive and not worth it unless you have money to waste.