High-Tech Mansion

If you were rich, which systems, devices, gadgets, features, luxury goods and products would you buy to build your dream smart house?

Attached: 00.jpg (1959x1159, 2.1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=tbj9hZAF4I4
youtube.com/watch?v=9LzcuAsmEp0
archdaily.com/876080/this-intelligent-glass-can-change-from-opaque-to-transparent-in-just-seconds
youtube.com/watch?v=fUdJdG5cpYw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=O4HmbEbCT2c
warosu.org/biz/thread/S8450609#p8452396
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billionaire_(Los_Angeles,_California)
m.youtube.com/watch?v=HfBk-IYCW14
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: 0.gif (626x438, 2.28M)

>high-tech mansion
It won't be cosy. Have a nice mansion, with one high-tech room in it. Or maybe a high-tech floor.

I want to live in a place that feels like home, not a laboratory.

BTW, that helicopter in OP has no engine.

2 story warehouse
floor one: garage with lifts and tools, as well as a dedicated bay to wash and detail cars.
floor two: living space.

>It won't be cosy
Depends. I can combine technology and aesthetics at the same time to make it feel warm or comfy with furniture or decoration, that's the function of technology, make life easier or better.

Attached: grovemade-walnut-desk-collection-a1_1.jpg (1500x879, 220K)

If I were rich i'd build a compound out in one of those middle of nowhere towns that rolled out muni fiber. Grab stupid amounts of land route the inbound fiber to it and start preparing for the end. Start learning how to smith weapons, stockpile ammo and guns, bury books in secure caches.

Which cars would you own?

Attached: 5f8ab599df5813d7c340874d4c46306a339fa4805091e224a9030fc76df70def.jpg (1494x1000, 1.58M)

Perhaps you have a point. The technology should be there, but hidden as much as possible.

Alright, let us start: A private gym, and a swimming pool. And since we are rich and can waste electricity, I would like the swimming pool to be:

1- covered, with glass that can be turned from opaque to translucent
2- The area sealed and airconditioned
3- the water to be heated

Exactly, that's my point. I remember bill gates have futuristic technology in his house in the 90s that never came out to the public because it was limited just for him and other billionaires. Only god know what he have now.

Also, i like your ideas thanks, pic related

Attached: 389f8e0d6bdff2069aa4e92c09d26404.jpg (1500x1000, 279K)

>covered, with glass that can be turned from opaque to translucent
This exist?

Attached: 12ec258a3df12e84502ccdb55bea054f.jpg (467x700, 73K)

Yes. you can run a current through the glass to frost it. It is not cheap though. youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=tbj9hZAF4I4

Oh yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=9LzcuAsmEp0
archdaily.com/876080/this-intelligent-glass-can-change-from-opaque-to-transparent-in-just-seconds

Attached: giphy.gif (720x404, 2.86M)

Hookers and cocaine on demand button

This will be amazing for cars

You can already have this, but you need to live in a Vegas hotel.

If I were rich I would like to live in a house made out of maritime cases. With all the multimedia and lighting technology I could afford, with my own NAS server, like a place I could disconnect and relax whenever I come back from traveling, and I don't like cars though.

Attached: M2Exterior2.jpg (800x800, 727K)

my current 370z
pulsar gtir
fd3s
xj cherokee limited
miata
e46 m3 gtr street version
e34 m5 touring
jzx100 tourer v
LFA
nsx, old and new
various ferraris and lambos
way too many more to list.

i'd also prefer rustic over modern/high tech

Is that notch's minecraft house? Looks gay.

You can combine both, why stuck with one?

Notch house cost like 30M$, the op pic cost 250M$

looks comfy af

no

I would finally shell out for a thinkpad dock.
Maybe I would build a bunker.
But I sure as shit wouldn't throw it around on cars I won't use all the time.

no, no
you misunderstand

if i were rich, my dream home would be greater than 50% bathroom
just one bathroom
it's going to be a super luxury bathroom, and the rest of the house isn't very relevant because it doesn't matter

the only reason i have to be rich for this is because the city isn't going to let me build one unless i line someone's pockets

modeling a house of a blackops or cod map would prob be the ultimate show of wealth.

Imagine how humid that would be

Feces
Feces On All Of Your Shit

you don't understand dude
when your entire livingspace is bathroom, you can just hose everything down after taking a shit
every. thing.

describe your bathroom

>also isn't stupid to build a luxury bathroom, we spent A LOT of time in the bathroom, on average we go 6 times a day, how much it would be in a lifetime?

basically i want the largest shower that can be imagined, i want to be able to drag a shower head over myself over a gigantic area
in dreams, this has allowed me to have a motorized shower head that is following my position down hallways and stuff, where i'm leaving suds absolutely everywhere, annoying everyone else in the house at that time

i'd also like to devise some kind of water recirculation system, with the ability to heat up and cycle through some of the freshly drained water, while also being able to introduce clean water on demand for periods of after soaping or when the water is otherwise beginning to feel a bit dirty and not fresh enough
this will allow for the crazy duration showers that i used to adore taking, but less water usage in general so not needing to feel the pains for being such a wasteful water user

how many times have you eaten breakfast in the shower?
i've done so lots of times, and i think in a house that is mostly shower, there will be even more opportunities to do so, and maybe even be able to make breakfast while taking a shower, or perhaps we can dare to make dinner from the shower if setups like this were commonplace

i've thought a lot about what kind of bath there should be, and it's mostly looking like "why fucking bother" about a bath due to how long they take to fill
i don't really feel the need to submerge anyway, but i would like at least waterpark standing-style fountain attraction depths for select drainage areas
the immediate areas around drains could have their depth be slightly more like ankle height, so a plugged drain could fill its pool-like area relatively quickly for those nice feelings of walking through a moderate amount of water

A nice thermostat system with sensors in every room, extremely expensive HVAC that could control temp on a per-room basis

Obviously tons of cameras, motion detectors, full security system, etc. One of those creepy Boston Dynamics robot dogs to guard the yard

Some sort of anti-camera technology like that one Russian billionaire has on his yacht. Can detect a photo sensor and will point a laser at it to ruin photos (unless they're taken by an old film camera IIRC, it only detects DSRCs(?))

Some sort of anti satellite image system to keep my house off Google maps

A really nice pool like someone else suggested, with heated water and the works

A nice home gym with all sorts of machinery for every different muscle group, along with guides on how to use all of it properly (maybe an on-call personal trainer?)

Home network would all be wired 10Gbps or maybe fiber, whatever the current fastest network cable is.

Home server, in sound proof room, petabytes of storage, hire team to buy me one of every DVD and Blu-ray and CD in existence and rip it to my home NAS, so I can stream anything I want on Plex without getting fucked for piracy

Every video game console in every color, preferably in display cases too so I can pick ones to have out and displayed

A FUCKING SHIT TON of anime figs everywhere

Lots of cars - stupid imports cuz I love them. Nissan Silvia, 240sx, 350z, 370z, 300zx, hakosouka, kenmeri, r31,32,33,34,35, McLaren P1, Porsche 911 (1 air cooled and a newer 2019), a school bus for memes, an older early 2000s Lamborghini Gallardo in yellow cuz it was one of my first dream cars, a Chevy Cruze so I can go Arab drifting, a race track outside of the mansion too for all of these cars.

I'm gonna have this shit some day, just gotta hustle and grind

Attached: IMG_20180929_102940.jpg (4160x3120, 3.54M)

>no e36 or e30 m3
>e46 m3
What are you doing

Where do u work malaysia user? I work in nokia kl

>can stream anything I want on Plex without getting fucked for piracy

>thinks plex is decentralized

use emby - you dumb hick. Plex even routes your server through their fucking portal, not even mentioning their constant affection of trying to change their privacy policy.

I've used both over several years btw, but the moment plex changed their privacy policy to allow for more "spying" on what you were doing and "selling" that to third-parties is when I got the hell out.

People that buy houses like this don't actually live in them. (That's why they have multiple homes)

This is just a show case 'house' meant to hold their assets which gain value over time. When/if they go bankrupt, they can then sell these assets for millions and become rich again.

I used to work in KL, 5 minutes walk away from KL Sentral station. So if you are in Nokia Kerinchi, I used to be your neighbor!

Am in the Subang area now.

I don't see the appeal in massive houses anyway. Unless you have a family of 10, you'll probably never utilize 90% of that space unless you have guest parties every week.

My parent's have a fairly large house that has an entirely separate 'guest' area which is as big as our living room. In the entire time I lived with my parents, not once did we use that area.

>I don't see the appeal in massive houses anyway.
The same as people who live in the heavy-traffic cities but buy luxury sports cars: Status symbol. You may not use 90% of the house, but when guests come over, they are impressed. In other words, you are spending $$$ for other people's feelings.

lol what tool would waste a quarter billion on a place they didn't help create? for that kind of money you should customize everything. screw full of themselves designers telling you what you want. for that kind of money you should invest and get what you actually want. must be a place designed to take money from a clueless spoiled heir to a middle eastern oil fortune.

I'd buy a dog.

Kerinchi? Jesus. I thought Malaysian are rare in this mongolian weave basket forum. Hint, I used to study at the famous university there.

I'd build a replica of the nurburgring for my use only.

apocalypse bunker
but also built for the ultimate neet experience

Attached: 1425715680975.jpg (563x712, 81K)

Remote area, underground mansion. Preferably somewhere colder/darker northern hemisphere, maybe a small field between forests, just a garage and door entry via elevator and stairway, a shed with all the support systems, a high wall around it all with a single gate.
The underground part would be simplistic in itself, networked AC, every outlet is surge protected and battery backup up (with a generator in a service room), a gapped security system, both up ground and underground. Otherwise it would be like it's now. A large room with a bed, battlestation/computer, beefy stereo/amp and projector, bathroom, kitchen, cabinet and storage.

i would make it electronics free

>being this dumb
If the guy sell this house for 251$ he will make 1 million in just a sale, 1 million that you don't make in 10 years as a wageslave or in a nice job in the US, and he will probably will sell it for 50$ more and who knows

youtube.com/watch?v=fUdJdG5cpYw

>Hint, I used to study at the famous university there.
lel, yeah, because there are dozens of universities other than UM in the Kerinchi area!

If you have not been to Kerinchi for a while, it has been completely changed. No longer a village, but now a hub of enormous office towers. And they renamed it "Bangsar South".

For a $250mil home, it sure looks ugly. It doesn't feel like a comfy home at all.

Attached: 1508706116803.jpg (1024x683, 300K)

Something that's needed for a sex dungeon. Sex dungeon is a must.

undegrownd water and gasoline storage,
power generator
air cleaning system
water cleaning system
huge storaje for rice and SPAM
Jail

Attached: SPAM.jpg (800x400, 134K)

This house is the single most tacky nuveau riche pile of garbage I've ever seen.
I can only imagine retarded rappers, reality tv celebrities, or youtubers wanting to live there, and they sure as hell can't afford it (maybe some can get into some serious debt to be able to live in it for a few years before the bank takes it away).
It doesn't even make sense to buy it as an investment or to hold your money because it costs too much and nobody wants to buy it because it's WAY too overpriced (with all the bullshit decorations, cars, and useless "amenities" that you're paying for twice) and nobody with that kind of money would buy something that's not exactly to their taste, which is why it used to go for 250 millions, and now it's at 188.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=O4HmbEbCT2c

I'm glad these retards lost money on this.

>mfw when i see a picture of someone so rich they literally own airwolf and just have it sitting out in plain sight

Attached: 1520937916931.jpg (540x720, 108K)

I somewhat agree, but there's value in having a big house if it's not just big for the sake of being big.
For example, there are tons of huge mansions that don't have many bedrooms or multiple kitchens, etc, but just have bigger rooms and/or various specific rooms (like a library, an office, a play room for the kids, a home theater, a gym, etc.) which can add up.
A party-house that's only big because it has two of every room that you'd normally have is just a status symbol thing.

I would build something akin to a big ass nuclear powered yacht and just sail around the world

Attached: 1431690088422.jpg (372x260, 21K)

If I were a multibillionaire, I'd buy the biggest plot of land I could find not too far from a city, and build a house that I've been daydreaming about for several years and that I'm still perfecting.
I would surround the plot with tall trees arranged in a way that blocks view from every angle (effectively creating a wall).
I've described the house here:
warosu.org/biz/thread/S8450609#p8452396

It would have the usual domotics, but everything will be offline and unaccessible in any way from the outside.
Nothing wireless except remote controls that only work at close range to connect to the receiver that's wired to the central system (which is in a room only accessible by me).
Nothing "smart" because I don't want things to be hackable or go wrong.

Depending on how many billions I have, I may buy other adjacent land to make a gated community surrounded by high walls with barbed wire, redundant videosurveillance, and armed security, all hidden from the inside by an internal bush wall.

None.
It would have thick concrete walls and would defensively positioned on top of a hill.
Also it would have a borehole and walled garden for food and escape tunnels.

Attached: BFDF91D4-11E2-4619-AADC-974D2F5E68C1.jpg (640x443, 53K)

Who wouldn't want to live in a house designed by this guy?

The previous house (and land) are worth $7.9 million, so the remaining $242.1 million are for all the beauty that this man built.
Totally worth it.
I'd say it's a steal for a house that has its own Wikipedia page.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billionaire_(Los_Angeles,_California)

Attached: Absolute Class.jpg (1300x1068, 144K)

surveillance tec and automated machine guns

Go innawoods and completely off the grid (save for an internet connection)

Something built like a roman bath house

Besides cameras, security, power management like solar/hydrogen, and wifi everything would be mechanically controlled as possible. """Smart houses""" are a meme.

Only a desktop and just good quality furniture and Home appliances without net connection
I dont want botnets and I not (that) lazy

I'll have all furniture either flush like a wall with an airtight seal between its bottom and the floor, or well elevated, so I can have a fleet of roombas (or equivalent) cleaning it every day and have no "blind spots" where the roombas can't reach.

If i had the cash i would buy something like pic related far far away from civilization.
Having a decent sized basement allows for multiple gun and server racks, enough supplies to last a year and the environment around you is good for fishing and hunting.

Attached: McE_EXTb8.jpg (800x518, 116K)

Yeah I'd probably do something similar, maybe up in the mountains. A chalet style home done with a mix of rammed-earth and timber framing. Would like to own a large plot of land surrounding it, make a few bike trails, own at least one good slope for skiing and snowboarding.

No one here is old enough to even get the reference.

This house is so vapid

To answer your question id commission my own local version of alexa/home thats not botnet. Id still call it alexa though. Key features

Lights and blinds are voice controlled
Locks and stuff are biosignature thats automatic face id/ voice
Thats it, no real need for much else. Aircon and stuff would be linked too of course. You shouldn't spend much time at home

Same. Fuck the trappings of modern civilization.

>homemade security cameras, ras pis and montioneyeos
>homemade tripwire GSM alarms, arduino based
>biometric security
>electric fence
>solar energy only
>underground panic room
>electric dirtbike
>live with small forest behind house for camping

I've always wanted to live in a tower, high up
something like a windmill or watchtower

Attached: watchtower-3d-model-obj-fbx-ma-mb.jpg (676x380, 20K)

oh and obviously a workshop with electronic and woodworking tools, maybe a small foundry and a good 3d printer

Its pretty tasteless and is only worth so much because its lined with material possessions, hard to call it the most expensive house when thats including $30m worth of cars

This is precisely what I did.

actually when I really think about it, underground would be better because of insulation in winter and summer

Why not both?

I want to live in a cozy massive underground cave. I'll need to connect everything by ethernet though.

Attached: 1534382665064.jpg (1920x1080, 552K)

you're right, a watchtower would make a nice bedroom and battlestation while underground would make a nice general living space

A prepper that could afford a rocket, woudlnt they rather build a proper bunker?

Based

Fuck “high” tech I would go “FULL RETARD” I it’s the design I’m talking about a home that mixes Soviet brutalism and organic shapes all covered in ivy and natural growing flowers. The design would be so crazy that they would talk shit about me on Jow Forums.

Attached: 440AB8D6-EB05-476E-8A6F-729DD0C2BFAE.jpg (468x485, 110K)

A Mercedes Benz g55
A Ferrari f40
And a Kia Soul that looks like a pikachu

This but analog

>he doesn't work in an office with snap glass
Hahahahahahahaha poor fag

why not a floating fortress at that point
imagine like a floating castle with stone walls and a garden

I would be that guy that would have crazy Mother Nature spirt/ Noah’s ark/ robots saving nature party where everybody has to dress as non-furry animals with body paint paint and people dressed as robots to serve food and drinks in giant feeding troughs where everybody has to mate to save the earth, alcohol would be served in those big hamster water feeders. There would be loud techno music that is mixed in with rainforest sounds with flashing strobe lights and smoke machines cellphones and keys would be taken at the door, their clothing would be burned in a giant fire pit showing their rejection of Saipence, and everybody would be encouraged to dance and fuck until they pass out either the giant straw covered patio that looks like a nest, or the cages in the basement or the lush garden with tall grass the bathrooms would be ropped off with a outdoor communal bathroom. No manufactctured drugs or food will be served/ only rare meats, salads, and magic mushrooms. In the morning everybody that fucked would “evolve” and be given clothing made of leaves and dominate the remaining animals in a major orgy that would last until noon where there woould be a huge feast of “forbidden” foods, apples, pork, chocolate cake, served with unpasteurized milk. At the end of the party the robots would return and clean everybody with giant water hoses giving them a extra set of clothing going on their way.

superb taste.

>Only god know what he have now.
VAT grown catgirls

you can just buy the shit for cheap. "electrochromic film"

problem is iirc the film is translucent by default, and electrical current is what makes it transparent. seems the opposite would be superior.

i think i remember you from here or /o/. Are you the guy who want to tunning the 370z? Which parts are you going to buy user?

>all these bugs and the humidity in that room
eww

Anything that could fit my steam punk vibe really

This.

I wonder how hard it is to get internet set up in the middle of nowhere

What about this?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=HfBk-IYCW14

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 27K)

Sorry, meant for

Rolls Royce already does this with their sunroofs iirc

I'd have a supercomputer made with about 50K Raspberry Pis.

This with a 2 car garage desu. I don't like frivolous shit, money or no money.