Let's make the perfect, simple, clean, black, upper-middle range laptop

>Let's make the perfect, simple, clean, black, upper-middle range laptop
>WAIT, let's add some TURQUOISE DETAILS ALL OVER

Jow Forums, how do we solve the //designer// problem? (alt. my autism)
Why is there not a pure black laptop on the market without stupid fucking frills

Attached: Dell Latitude 5590.jpg (1920x1143, 317K)

Why care so much?

i dont have friends or hobbies

Fuck off, street shitter.

A return to craftsmanship would be necessary. Unfortunately capitalism frowns upon it, as individualism is a threat to the holy profit. The complexity of modern technology makes proper home production quite unfeasible, so your options are what the manufacturers give you. Much better for them to overcharge for the full set of parts than allow people to buy directly from the hardware manufacturers and assemble their devices themselves, to their specifications. Anyone offering such a service would be suffocated by the "superior" demand for resources from the giant companies making ready to go garbage for mouth breathers. Now we see these comapnies attacking repairs as well. What's next? You could make a lot of money if you figure out a way to screw everyone even a little bit more and patent it. Efficiently mass produced trash tailored to 90 IQ (and dropping!) subhumans is the future we chose. It doesn't matter if you embrace it or not, society has become a machine that trains brilliant people to orchestrate global logistics for the feeding of slop to obese retards and their subsequent heart surgeries. In this system quantity beats quality, which is why your laptop looks ugly, among other injustices.

The actual problem in your image is the position of the function and left control key

what fucking retard thought this keyboard layout was okay?

Latitudes are nearly perfect except for the concave Trackpoint. Nearly got Carpal Tunnel last time I used one for work.

>implying people who use latitudes given by their it dept care about appearances

Only FagBook and ChinkPad uses retarded fn-ctrl layout.

And every other keyboard in existence except those used by absolute retards

>trackpoint

Is this 1995?

based

but user, that does exist

Attached: apple_z0sw_mll427_bh_13_3_macbook_pro_space_1294079.jpg (1000x1000, 96K)

My mother got one of these recently from her job, gave it a look when I was last over. Really nice feeling machine in the hand. Thick and sturdy without being too heavy or big, reasonable keyboard, no retarded 2-in-1 nonsense or whatever unlike 99% of enterprise machines these days and a pretty nice screen. About the only thing missing was an optical drive but I don't think you can find a single laptop being made today that still has one so I can't really fault it exclusively for that. Trackpoint felt a touch weird too, but that might just be my thinkpad muscle memory talking.

*dust stalls your path*

Ctrl is used far more frequently than fn. It makes no sense to have fn as the leftmost key.

I know what you mean. I wish Lenovo would stop putting G4merz red accents on their laptops as well.

Attached: lenovo-thinkpad-p1_12.jpg (1600x900, 157K)

I honestly hate it why all gaming laptops are red.

I really dislike the color red.

I HATE not having the control key in the corner. Do you have a fn key on your desktop keyboard too?

The first thing i did when i gor my 'thinkpad' is that i've swapped fn and ctrl in bios. Ctrl should be in the corner, fuck off.

I fucking hate Lenovo's rounded keys too. Looks dumb.

I'm using an X1 Carbon, 3rd Gen (I think). And it's got that shitty touch bar and the fucking tilde down the bottom right.
Also, because I just bumped into it and it reminded me - double-tap shift = caps lock.
Shittest keyboard I've ever used.
Decent laptop though.

why do they look like they're from 2004?

The Thinkpad line caters to "we oldfags, amirite".

>It makes no sense to have fn as the leftmost key.

ctrl key being closer to center of the keyboard makes it easier to do shortcuts, is it no sense

true, they say the curve is for the curve on your fingers but i dont think it really helps

It's because what they've done is basically take the flat of the tops of the keys on a classic IBM-esque Thinkpad keyboard and expanded them into being the whole key.

So when will the chiclet fad die already? Do they make new notebooks with the old style keyboards?

muted colors with a single, lightly used accent color is top tier

nigga are you dumb? it's high contrast so they stand out

Where is the problem? One of the reasons why I dont use a thinkpad is that I dislike the red accents. I just dont like the color red combined with black, same reason I hate most gaming shit.

But this light turquise on the black/grey actually looks kinda nice. Just bought a new Laptop, otherwise I'd be interested in this lil guy

Attached: 1538546141078.jpg (401x487, 109K)

>nigga are you dumb? it's high contrast so they stand out
nigga are you dumb? it's exactly what he's talking about

no moe he says it's an aesthetic choice when in fact it's to differentiate the function keys more clearly at a glance

I actually really like that desu

yeah, really screams g4m3r

It looks better than muh black and white minimalism.

The problem I have with those latitudes is the 12" models never got the nub

It's more of a cyan if you ask me

this, certainly when you switch to it it's weird but eventually it's the best

Latitudes are easily the best mainstream enterprise laptop. The accents are gay but whatever, what am I gonna do, start buying HP or Lenovo? lmao