Getting an eReader soon, and was wondering what to get?

Getting an eReader soon, and was wondering what to get?

Kobo Forma? Kindle Oasis? New Paperwhite?

Attached: applications.jpg (800x600, 128K)

ONYX BOOX, pick the Android 6 one.

Eeeh, I'm not big on chink stuff

Bump

I need to get a new one too

I recently bought a Pocketbook InkPad 3. It's great, easily fillable per USB without special software, good support for a heap of formats, even audiobooks.
Also, it has chess and sudoku.

I'd like one too. Maybe one that can handle mangas other than just books.

Obviously I want to pirate books and then put them into it.

>forma
Didn't know kabobo had released another besides that new budget one.
How would this one do for my black and white Chinese funny papers?

Is there an optimal way of transferring my japanese comics to a kobo? Do you just use calibre?

>kcc optimization + drag&drop
it just works

None of these. They only render Epub well which is shit for technical material and non fiction.
You want a PDF capable device. Get a sony digital paper. All others are inferior.

Fiction books don't come in epub?

Just get a paperwhite user unless you plan on reading manga.

Everything is chimk stuff you retard

If you have the money, Kindle Oasis. I have one, 7" is very nice for reading. Otherwise Kindle Paperwhite.

I've got a Kobo Aura One and it's really fucking /comty/ tbqhwy. Tried the Forma at a store and it somehow feels cheaper?
Never liked the Oasis. Also, I don't think I could do without comfortlight, which is supposedly worst on the Forma, not sure if Kindle does that at all either way.

If money's not a problem go one of the top end kobos rather than that amazon stuff.

Interesting about the forma; so aura one is still kobo's tip dog?
Do you read manga on it at all?

My PRS-500 died a final death recently and I was shocked to discover that e-ink readers aren't really a thing anymore and options are extremely limited.

Well I have the Kindle Oasis 1 (6") & 2 (7") , and the Kobo Aura One (7.8"). I'm only using the Oasis 2.

Why did Kobo's website tell me that local independent booksellers stock their devices when literally none of the retailers in their directory sell e-readers? After the fifteenth phone call I began to feel as if I had been duped!

Is amazon ever going to make another cover for the Oasis 2?

Get an old nook and root it

In 2018 just make sure it has the flux white-point shifting, it's one of those things you can't live without anymore once used to it.

Hey I see Sony has an e-reader out called Digital Paper. Are there any Digital Paper owners here?

I got the Kobo Clara. It's pretty good.

My Kobo Aura H2O (6.8") handles manga just fine, though I wish it was a little bit bigger. I'd imagine the extra 1.2" on the Forma or the 1" of the Kobo Aura One would fix that, but I never used one.

>try to read Liar Game in the bath with Oasis2
>a single drop of water on the screen sends the UI into chaos
was this device tested before release

That's common with all of the "waterproof" e-readers: They will survive being splashed/dunked but they won't really function while wet due their touchscreens.
The Kobo has a water detection feature that disables the touchscreen until you wipe it off, maybe the Kindles have something too, look into it.

Welp, this option exists. Now I feel retarded. Thanks though!

yeah, my H2O reads manga like a charm
I did have to downsize a few series with comicrack though because every page was a 2+MB png and it loaded slow as balls

As I understand, the forma is the new top of the line, I just somehow prefer the aura one. Maybe try them both at a Chapters/Indigo? They usually have the whole line on display.