What are Jow Forums thoughts on password managers?

What are Jow Forums thoughts on password managers?

>KeePass
>Master Password
>LessPass

MP and LP seems really too good to be really secure.

Attached: Master-Password.jpg (120x120, 3K)

lol just remember your passwords lmao

Attached: 1536921916085.png (1000x1000, 177K)

Here's my thing on LastPass. If I'm using a closed source device, the passwords could already be stolen as I enter them. So a botnet password manager is easier. If you're Gentoo or Trisquel or something without systemd that Jow Forums approves of, use KeePass or alike. The one without Mono required.

The only secure password strategy is to have totally unique passwords for every service. Otherwise, one service gets hacked, and suddenly the hacker has the password to half your accounts. There's no way you can remember hundreds of passwords.

Enpass is pretty comfy

Attached: 1539341401614.png (240x304, 15K)

good practice against password reuse

also keepassxc if you are on linux

Attached: password_reuse.png (480x1189, 128K)

>When I go out I always provoke a fight and I get beaten up. The reason is: someone could do it anyways when he tries to steal my money
What a sad excuse

.txt file with all passwords encrypted with WinRar

bitWarden

the hacker is totally going to target YOU specifically huh

Unix pass + browserpass

Self-hosted BitWarden.

Use Enpass if you're a poo in the loo

Use Bitwarden instead of LastPass. Same thing but it's free and open source.

I've had KeePass for something like 7 years now. Does the job.

All passwords in a table in a txt file. Symetric encrypted AES256 with GPG, done.

Easy to brute if someone gets a hold of the rar

Use an open source password manager that stores your passwords in a file. Bonus points for Android app.

this
car crashes, housefires and manslaughter only happen to other people
but not to this lowly goy teehee

They're fucking retarded.
>yeah I'm gonna trust all my passwords with these random fucks, who say they encrypt them but I'll never know until the DB gets breached
Just buy a cheap 4gb MicroSD card, encrypt it, and put your passwords on there in text files. It's as secure as the encryption you choose. Alternatively you could store them on your main drive and encrypt them with gpg

While you're doing that, just use keepass. It's not a company hosting your passwords, you yourself are managing the db and you can keep it local.

I use KeePass with the DB stored on dropbox for free syncing. I use the password generator with slightly different options for each account I have on there, I haven't had to enter a password manually in years.

There isn't any issue with having the encrypted blob on somewhere semi-public right?

plus you can host your own bitwarden server

As long as the entropy of the master encryption key and algorithm are best practice, you cant really do any better.

buttercup is electron shit but open source and overall comfy af. I'd recommend it

This. BP for hosting own Chad server.
You can even set it up as a Docker container if you don't want to fuck with config.

>browserpass
Why not passff ? At least, it's listed in the passwordstore website

Hrm, pretty neat thanks senpai

browserpass works on chromium based browsers for one

>There's no way you can remember hundreds of passwords.
Don’t use one password. Use a system to change the password for each site based on its name, color scheme, etc. This would be more easily crackable, but you’d need access to multiple examples to be able to piece them all together. Unlike having one password to access all your other passwords.

Unix pass
I don't trust the other applications.

>There's no way you can remember hundreds of passwords
Speak for youself, brainlet.

There's this old forgotten one that still works. Called PnP.

remember your most important passes and don't keep them anywhere but your head. this is the only method that affords you a legal edge.

My niggas
Not self hosted tho, I want maximum convenience