Attached: Death.jpg (1500x1000, 188K)

Other urls found in this thread:

digitaltrends.com/computing/nvidia-rtx-2080-ti-graphics-cards-dying/
youtu.be/qsIl-0HDuTM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

pls be widespread issue
pls be widespread issue
pls be widespread issue

Attached: 1540210859706.png (1054x526, 653K)

FAKE NEWS

>yes, please, let's have less competition so prices continue to skyrocket.

Fake news

this

>be Nvidia and Jensen Huang
>their Turing architecture is a massive dumpster fire like Intel's 10nm
>"fuck, we can't just cancel it, our stocks would be kill" - random Nvidia chairman
>"Well, we could just slap on some tensor cores and force the ray tracing meme even though our cards can't even do realtime above 10fps and make a high price tag onto it so that less peoples' card die prematurely until we can get Pascal 7nm port rleased" - Jensen Huang

My Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070ti still works perfectly.

>My Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070ti still works perfectly
Good to know. Will gimp it soon with the next driver update, and as soon as the warranty is up we'll brick it. Buy a 2080ti.
t. Nvidia

gotta buy my 3080Ti goy
it will only be $3,000

Attached: novidya.png (463x393, 136K)

Reminder that for the price of a single 2080ti, you could buy two Vega 64s, put them in crossfire, and still have money left over for faster RAM.

> Will gimp it soon with the next driver update
why would you update them anyway?

Attached: no update.png (2118x238, 157K)

And get the performance of a 1080 with 3 times the power consumption instead..

1.7% strikes again.
but lets sell it anyway.

>digitaltrends.com/computing/nvidia-rtx-2080-ti-graphics-cards-dying/

its mainly founders edition 2080 , 2080ti

no upgrade for me though lol
t.1070 owner
consumer cucks BTFO

You buy a 2080 ti for at least one of these two reasons; having the most powerful graphics card available on the market and being able to experience real-time raytracing.

Stop telling other people how to spend their money.

>two vegas in crossfire still doesn't beat a 1080 ti

Attached: LMASO.gif (720x540, 1.81M)

ACKTUALLY
youtu.be/qsIl-0HDuTM

>being able to experience real-time raytracing.
Already experienced that on my 7970 in shadertoy.

Just buy two 2080Tis.

It is the reference design RX 480, 1080 FE, 290X and GTX 480 debacle all over again.

Nvidia and their board partners went too skimpy on power delivery and cooling on VRMs on reference design cards.

No refunds, goyim.

Attached: goyforce.jpg (263x383, 41K)

Actually, in terms of raw framerate output. The RX 64 CF spanks the shit out of a 1080Ti. Only 1080 SLI can match it while 1080Ti SLI outpaces it.

CF/SLI only lose to single cards at framerate times due to the nature of multi-card rendering schemes.

Say what you like about the 290X's dog shit cooler, but the reference PCB was built like a tank and one of the best around even compared to aftermarket cards, and the chips had no issues running at 90+ degrees. They weren't unreliable - just really loud.

Just thinking about the 290x makes me feel like I'm in a hot room.

I will never fucking forget having to run my AC in the winter time because of that mother fucker.

Mine's working just fine. Although it does run a bit toasty.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-10-29 23-43-46.png (1284x1080, 175K)

Get on my level

Attached: Untitled.png (229x82, 3K)

And not be able to render a single frame in Redshift! Or denoise a single frame in Mantra, or Renderman!

>CF/SLI only lose to single cards at framerate times due to the nature of multi-card rendering schemes.
Yes, CF/SLI, and mGPU as well, tends to not improve the 0.1% minimums at all and iirc adds some latency.

>84C at 66% fan speed
Jeez what usage is this under?

I bought a cheapo chinese 2080 and it just works
>Undervolted and overclocked
>Never goes above 70c even with 99% load
Only issue is it has a bit of coilwhine when starting up and during certain load percentages
>Tfw want to test out RTX but >windows still hasn't released the 1809 update

Attached: HOMU_sad.png (176x263, 40K)

It literally says is on there

>coil while
>just works

> housefires

Is there any roadmap when Nvidia is going to release 7nm cards?

Attached: vacuum cleaner question mark.jpg (850x693, 113K)

mine mainly works. so far. do not curse me

You still paid a premium for a meme reference card instead of waiting, so I'd say in a sense you're already cursed.

>early adoptors of new and expensive technology get shafted

nothing new

NO NO NO NO! What do we do NVbros?

Attached: 1460124494922.jpg (796x805, 119K)

I guess if you put it that way it. But I wanted the premium Nvidia assrape experience

>Buying 1st gen hardware
Fucking retards

Why 1080ti more gooder

more vram

same VRAM as 2080 ti

dead 2080 ti have no vram :^)

like i said, mine seems to work. 3.5/4

>tfw 970fag
Whats the best driver ver.?

Delete this

Attached: 1537862629975.png (900x600, 492K)

only you can learn this for yourself
do not think of it as a chore but instead a quest for enlightenment

major bonus points if you record your findings and share them with the world.

Attached: thumbs up 2.gif (176x176, 3M)

>make chips for industry shit
>slap the binned chips in consumer cards
>they die
o i'm laffin

The latest. None of them compensate for 3.5 other than for specific games, which doesn't change version to version other than for adding new games and fixing bugs.

I wasn't expecting them to actually be competitive, very impressive.

Attached: rtx.png (987x761, 90K)

The time to buy is soon.

This happen to Nvidia all the time, remember driver that kill the card

You fuck will forget about it, and join on other nvidia train

i want Jow Forums to go and stay go

I mean, the last time NVDA was that low was Dec 2017, and the stock will recover to at least 230USD.

Giep 7nm already and AMD pls stop sucking shit.

Sounds pretty bad.
>It is worth noting that failure numbers may be skewed by the fact that people who aren’t facing problems are unlikely to report back with similar zeal. However, the similar issues that appear to be arising for such large numbers of 2080 Ti owners is cause for concern.
This is likely somewhat wrong. The 2080TI is a very expensive card which isn't moving much volume. Take a look at the steam numbers: the vast majority of people are using a 1050 or a 1050ti or a 1060 3 GB card. There's basically nobody, comparatively speaking, buying a 1080 or 2080 and fewer buying a 2080ti. So a large amount of on-line complaints is cause for concern.

Yes, yes. Nasdaq 100 closed down -2% today after beatings not seen in years the entirety of last week. NVidia (or AMD or Intel) would have been down even if it had announced that it had invented a way to extract enough power to drive a car for a decade from a banana.

Here comes the reality-check: Imagine 3 more brutal red dildo's in a row on nvidia's monthly chart..

Are you sure?

Attached: nvidia-fs8.png (2001x1704, 99K)

>Are you sure?
Not 100%, but given the apparent trends in media reports and stock pricing, 95%

> tfw have unopened 2080ti for a build I´m planning.

kys

preferably WITH the GPU in some way so we can get more negative press for this god awful GPU.

> being this butthurt because you cannot buy a 2080ti

you just need a job you neet.

>I spent 1200 dollars on 25%

LMAO

>undervolted
Nice lie. You can't undervolt them.
>coil whine
>not an issue
Typical Nvidia customer.

You're right, user. My bad.

Next year.
I was expecting the 2060 and 2050 to be on 7nm for months now. That appears to still be likely
3080 and 3070 will come later next year.

Return it. You shouldn't be wasting that much of your parents money anyway.

>nvidia losing
>less competition
they're in the lead, faggots. If Nvidia tanks and AMD get's ahead for one fucking year that would be amazing

Also do not update windows or you will keep getting stupid BSOD if doing anything graphic intensive with old drivers.

>tfw still using a 980ti

Heh my 1080 g1 had this I rma it and it was fixed I think it was soldiering contact issues
Nvidia cards are garbage I'm waiting for a 7nm amd card to get odd them desu

It's funny that Vega isn't that amazing, but it'll still be a significant upgrade for you after Nvidia finishes nerfing the Maxwell drivers.

>nvidia ever gimping older cards
Why do retards think this is even a thing? There's literally no way they can get away with gimping cards. The only explanation that's reasonable would be either optimizations due to a change in architecture or general compute requirements.

Pascal and Maxwell are near identical architectures, yet the 1060 wound up trumping the 980 by 15% in games from the past 2 years when it was around 10% behind on launch.

do I do bad user?

Attached: specs.png (1307x1051, 263K)

why did you get two? you know dual card tech is dead in consumer space, right?

Why wouldn't you be able to undervolt them?
It's not all that noticeable really.

>Why wouldn't you be able to undervolt them?
Nvidia literally doesn't allow you to. Not with Pascal. Not with Turing. Maxwell was the last generation they allowed user voltage changes on.

People have really weird iseas about vegas

one is the backup

What's better for mining, GDDR6 or HBM2?

Meh

Attached: IMG_20151216_102108-e1498801759158.jpg (943x1680, 411K)

>dont worry we will replace them with 1080ti's

this was his plan all along to remove the stock

you know the good stuff?
if you want to RMA any nvidia card YOU must pay the courier
its 55 bucks inside usa and 140 outside of usa

nvidia spends a lot of time and resources finetuning the drivers for their current selection of cards to run new games well. Older cards do not receive the same amount of attention for new games, and tech reviewers tend to update their selection of games over time to include the latest graphically intensive games. By perspective, nvidia's older cards will appear to be getting nerfed, when it's probably more correct to say they're not receiving the same level of care and optimization as the latest generation of cards do.

AMD on the other hand has been reusing the same core architecture for many generations now, and thus game specific optimizations made with one generation of cards in mind tend to work equally well on the older cards too; the drivers make less distinction between generations, so many of their cards benefit from the same optimizations.

sucks to live in the US I guess

So that's why afterburner still lets me adjust voltages on these cards then?

They just want (yous). They know Jow Forums prefers AMD.

Show proof.

I just want a Titan RTX, when is it going to be released?

I don't, I use windows 7 with updates disabled.
feels good man, everything works fine, no BSOD, no freeze nothing

it came out a while ago without the ray tracing meme, but it's $3000

I honestly just thought they were really bad price/performance. I haven't been following GPUs closely but that's what I gathered from (((influencers))). Pretty surprising.

>2018
>mining

I didn't pay for the card so it's profitable in my low energy price zone.

That's Volta architecture. I'm expecting the Turing architecture version, which should happen, considering past releases.

On launch they were like $700 for a GPU that's less than $500 GTX 1080 performance.
Now it's $400, driver updates have made them equal/better to the 1080, and the 1080 is still $500. Vega has been the better buy for months now.

wat rtx titan is out? Turing

The chip specs are on techpower up but no release date yet

Why so spergy?

>thats volta uarch

as if RTX is anything else BUT a fucking 9xx with added tensor cores that got renamed now as "RAY TRACING CORES"

It's Volta. I wouldn't buy any of that Nvidia garbage they've released in the past 10 years, but regardless of that you are ignorant as fuck and need to educate yourself if you think it's just Maxwell with tensor cores. The Volta cores give better async compute than GCN does.

>It is worth noting that failure numbers may be skewed by the fact that people who aren’t facing problems are unlikely to report back with similar zeal. However, the similar issues that appear to be arising for such large numbers of 2080 Ti owners is cause for concern.

who the fuck paid $800 lemon and not want to report it and get a refund?

name 1 more HARDWARE change they made to the 9xx series so far that you could say that its a different uarch THAN tensor cores

in mexico, that is a year's worth of salary.

people that have that kind of money to buy a new one and not give a fuck

aka nvidiots

No jew, I'll buy a 1080ti

stay poor user

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 7.15.12 AM.png (3360x2100, 1.64M)