/spg/ - Smartphone General

OnePlus 6T Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: bgr-oneplus-6t-1.jpg (1500x1000, 351K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dcFXEXJicgc
youtube.com/watch?v=v3m81493kTM&t=4s
en.xiaomitoday.it/su-xiaomi-mi-8-arrivano-le-notifiche-nella-status-bar.html
forum.xda-developers.com/mi-8/how-to/notifications-mi8-pocophone-f1-t3847755
youtube.com/watch?v=EWek3RZenwU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

nigger

Posted late in the previous thread.
Any phone recommendations for someone who wants to spend under $400 (US) and wants a smaller sized phone? I don't want to buy a used phone preferably.

I've got a One Plus One currently and I've always been annoyed by it's size. I think I'll need a new phone soon so I want to plan for that.

pocopajeets on suicide watch
youtube.com/watch?v=dcFXEXJicgc

Attached: blind-test.png (1920x1080, 1.84M)

XZ1 Compact

Is the iphone xr actually good or is it just a meme?

Someone here lucky enough to have received a reviewers kit of the OnePlus 6T? How will notifications be displayed as it has no LED for that and as far as I know OnePlus had the always on display at the normal 6 and removed it with an update.

I preordered a OnePlus 6T on Amazon and I'm unsure if I should go through with it or not. But what are the alternatives? Are there any good ones?

>Glass back
>No fingerprint sensor
>No headphone jack
>AMOLED
>Notch
>Bottom chin
>Chinese
>Copy of a much better iPhone

Yep, it's shit

>no fingerprint sensor
it's in the screen

>Copy of a much better iPhone
Which iPhone is it copying?

>no earphone aux jack
Sorry but no thanks. I will just stick with the OP6.

I fucking hate Apple for pushing this crap to sell more wireless Beats® by Dre™ bass cans.

Thanks. I'll have a look at it.

So guys, what do I buy instead of the oneplus 6t?

Attached: mp,550x550,matte,ffffff,t-c,22,2,0,352.u1.jpg (528x352, 22K)

Strange they went with this option when their existing customers overwhelmingly told them to keep the headphone jack.

Motorola have started working with iFixit to officially supply spare parts for their phones. They might be worth a look.

Went to the store today to pick up a new iphone but there were only two options: NOTCHED or lackluster screens. Left with a Note 9 so now I have to reload every app that I purchased in the appstore.
Anything a total androidlet like me needs to know? What's the best browser?

youtube.com/watch?v=v3m81493kTM&t=4s

i kinda want the yellow pikachu xr now desu.

Mi Mix 3 sir,its iphone killer sir

The beast phone Poco F1

it’s fine and has a good camera
the problems with iphones aren’t usually hardware it’s just whether or not you’re brainlet enough to like iOS

It litterally makes zero sense even if they say there is no room for a Jack and DAC.

If there is no room they can just use a sub-mini 2.5mm jack.

All quality headphones, iems, and majority of all audio equipment use the auxiliary jack.

Bluetooth audio isn't ubiquitous. This shit is like removing Ethernet from all computers, servers, and switches and just saying "just use WiFi 802.11ad".

AHHHHHHHHHhhhh It's hair pulling.

Attached: 1539739908945.jpg (480x467, 39K)

Might as well just call this thread Pixel3General, cause every other phone is shit and nonexistent in comparison

>tyler stalman
absolutely based

>long lasting lineageos support (popular phone)
>wireless charging
>in screen fingerprint reader (ultrasonic only)
>waterproof
>notification led
>decent camera with optical stabilization
>headphone jack
>sd card slot
>no notch
>8xx snapdragon >=4gb ram

this is my dream, when?

>Pixel 3
>no micro SD card slot
>no 3.5mm jack
>2915mAh for a Snapdragon 845
>$800 for the 64 GB model
>only really viable in the US
Yeah, every other phone is shit.

It's very simple. They save more money from skipping the manufacturing costs of implementing a headphone jack and sealing it, than they earn from sales because they included the jack.

Oh and do I need a case? They are kinda expensive in the store so a online shop suggestion would be welcome. Never had a phone with a curved display.

>Fucking normies accept this

that's it im buying an iphone

Attached: 776655424251423.jpg (680x793, 32K)

Would I look like a massive homosexual if I bought this phone and used it in public? I don't know why but I fucking love the color/aesthetics.

Attached: huawei-nova-3-front-rear-dual-camera-phone.jpg (1020x1342, 215K)

Im really torn apart about the 6T. On one hand it looks like a solid device on the other hand I fell bad for sheckeling out more than 500€ for a phone.
I wanted the Mi Mix 3 to be good but they fucked it up with the lack of inscreen FP and a battery like its 2013.

I don't know what to do I'm really considering buying a Mi 8 for 350 if they really fixed the notification icons not showing. I mean I can life with 3400mah given the small price. Why is it so hard to choose a phone in 2018...

Attached: Reason.jpg (891x153, 44K)

I honestly like the gradient colors for huawei phones. Just kind of sucks the phones I want tend to be more expensive to justify it.

Are there good alternatives for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 in it's pricerange? Buying for use in the USA.

holy shit this guy is really triggered

en.xiaomitoday.it/su-xiaomi-mi-8-arrivano-le-notifiche-nella-status-bar.html
forum.xda-developers.com/mi-8/how-to/notifications-mi8-pocophone-f1-t3847755

Attached: sy8mxvfew7u11.png (1728x1282, 301K)

are these people blind or just paid shills?

Nokia 6.1, Moto X4

please tell me that you didn't write that comment

epic.

>OP6T gets CDMA support
>Finally I can buy a OnePlus phone and use it on Verizon
Lack of headphone jack aside, is this the best phone in terms of value?

really tempted to upgrade from my iphone 6 to the oneplus 6t. Fucking touch disease is unbearable on my 6 and would cost $300 to fix anyways and i could get the $300 off on the 6t since I use tmobile

>CDMA support
This is retired virtually everywhere outside of the US.

not really, but if you like OP and want a cutting-edge(probably kinda shitty) fingerprint sensor its decent for its price, huge battery too

I don't think you get $300 off because they force you onto the unlimited plan which is $70/month for 24 months. But if you were gonna go unlimited anyway go for it.

Most likely both. What's truly sad are the people defending the XR in the comments.

For me It's the Huawei Mate 20 Pro

Attached: download.jfif.jpg (1920x1440, 343K)

t. 5000 dollar camera owner

I have an axon 7 with nougat 7.1 and I wanted to update it to Oreo with a sideload.
Apparently, it wouldn't support DaydreamVR on Oreo.
Is there any way that can be fixed? Maybe a custom ROM? I don't use it that often but its still pretty fun to play around with since I'm poorfag and can't into VR on PC.

Attached: squid dumb.jpg (480x360, 21K)

No unlockable bootloader just kills it really.

have fun with that locked bootloader cuck

No body cares Pajeets.

No matter how good the camera originally is, it will become shit as soon as you install LOS on the phone, be it a Oneplus, a Pixel, a samsung, or a Huawei.

T-Mobile only has either unlimited or prepaid now AFAIK, so if you already have that or want that its not a big deal. I, for one, will be trading in my shit pixel xl on November 1 for a 6T

look up your phone on XDA forums, I believe the daydream support is available on custom ROMs

>curved screen
>notch
>glass back
>no headphone jack
It's almost a bingo.

how 2 deal with muh green bubbles and chad and stacey calling u a fag for not having an iphone

>(You) speak for everyone

Attached: 1500756693039.png (764x690, 458K)

At what price point do you run into diminishing returns on performance per dollar?

been using a $180 dollar huawei p-smart for the last couple of months, it's not amazing definitely has flaws but they're acceptable flaws if it means an extra couple hundred dollars in my bank.

learn not to care about what normie faggots think
if they're people you having out with, find new people that aren't vapid whores

get an iphone

I'm in a similar boat, I'm not sure what to do.

>saving that image
gross lmao.
I'll just let you know that the best way to win an argument is to post smug anime girls. You're welcome.

>No midrange phones with decent specs in my country
>Either buy a €1000 flagship, or a 2 year old shitphone with garbage specs for €500.
>Only phone with flagship specs is LG G7

Welp, looks like I'm forced into this purchase lads.

Gee, turns out the Poco F1 actually has a screen very slightly WORSE than an iPhone 2.5 times its price. Those XR owners must feel very vindicated.

should I get Galaxy s9+, and have volte
or get oneplus 6, save a few hundred dollars, and sacrifice volte
ATT

>Chinese
That’s the real reason to D R O P that shit.

>I'll just let you know that the best way to win an argument is to post smug anime girls. You're welcome.
Cool, thanks for the tip. That's not what I did, but the exact wording was used by people who think they "won" something. How is it even physically possible that a smartphone camera takes better photos than a DSLR? This "debate" is redundant for anyone with half a brain.
Gee, turns out this is the case:

No chinese shit. Samsung or Apple. I bought an xr and am happy with it.

Can't you get stuff online?

>curved screen
>glass back
there's literally nothing wrong with this
>notch
at least it has a feature that make up for it.
>hp jack
well I agree on this one it a shame a it has no hp jack but could always use a adapter :^)

Why do you keep bitching about it if you cant even afford it pajeet?

best unlocked phone for $150?
s7 in the lead right now. seems to have the best quality display. wireless charging might be neat

>been using a $180 dollar huawei p-smart for the last couple of months, it's not amazing
keep doing what you're doing if you're happy
more expensive phones will be better ofc, but you don't want to fall into the Jewhole of modern smartphones

Shut up nerd, no one actually believes smartphones take better photos than dslr. The creator of the video doesnt even say they do, he's just showing the way software can do alot for a phone camera. It's clickbait.

>"there's literally nothing wrong with this"
It's more fragile and there's literally no advantage with it.

Nigger just don't drop your phone and get a case lmao also it's not like a metal back is going to save your screen from breaking either.

maybe its carrier limitations in his area?

Is it possible to hardbrick a RN5? I know its almost impossible on samsung devices

Country?

USA

so now that the reviews have confirmed that Jim Jannard has let everyone down with the red hydrogen one what android phone is good when money is no object?

can you root the galaxy note 9?
are there system-wide adblockers like adaway that don't require root?

if the note 9 can't be rooted I think I'll just settle for the one plus 6t or whatever it is that came out today

Attached: When-Jesse-Jackson-Couldnt-Contain-His-Emotions[1].jpg (675x1024, 77K)

why do people care about the rooting meme so much? get the note 9
how is rooting more appealing than 6 gb of ram, 4000 mah battery, top of the line specs, no notch and headphone jack?

you’re still posting this pic? lmfao

I'm fucking amazed that people still considering rooting their phones in fucking 2018 theres no reason to do it other than fucking hack some shitty mobile games or running so shitty hacked apps.
also theres an alblocker that doesnt requiere root and it's called "Blokada" Also if you never want to see ads ever again try Adguard DNS.

yet they bought it anyway, fucking itoddlers doomed us all

You dont need to root, theres a thing called virtualexposed that runs a VM inside your phone that can run xposed modules, although not everything works

> t. lagdroid shill

Depends on whether Xiaomi locked the EDL mode on it. I think they still allow it if you have an account. Chink vendors used to abuse it to bypass bootloader lock and flash their crap on older models so they tightened up a bit here.

my current phone (nexus 6 lmao) is rooted solely for adaway to work. I refuse to gaze upon an ad anywhere on my phone, websites or within apps

can I use a firewall app to block all communications from swiftkey? I cannot stand using the AOSP keyboard anymore

or, what are some good keyboards that don't phone home?

pajeets btfo

youtube.com/watch?v=EWek3RZenwU

illustrated is the shittiness of the pajeetphone F1 with its glaring touch issues

you can deny the appropriate permissions and it will still function correctly.

why buy a 3 when the 2 went down in price and is almost identical to it?

I hate Google Keyboard so much
Literally gets my swipes wrong 75% of the time, typing through it is torture

I miss Swype
It used to get my swipes correct 95% of the time
But I just can't trust any 3rd-party keyboard
Google overall is obviously botnet but at least I can trust them not to steal my passwords and credit card numbers

>tfw cautious and sensible and thus have no fun

Attached: 1519694768745.jpg (267x181, 11K)

swiftkey?

I can't live without rooting, custom roms I could give up on easily, but never root. Some apps I use have additional features that require it, root explorer saved my ass a few times now and rooted backup and recovery apps are just better than non-root alternatives. For some phones tweaks such as enabling camera2api and sound mods allowed for significant improvement. Disabling useless/tracking components in apps is also nice. Back in the day manually controlling the CPU governor had a great impact on battery life, though I'll concede in your example this isn't an issue.

guys I CHINKED myself. bought a new redmi note 4+ last year. Some drunk girl cracked the screen this summer. I tried to fix it myself but ended up puncturing the battery. Had to wait a week for the new battery. Then put it all back together and lost the cable to connect the power button. waited THREE MONTHS while fucking with shipping because i kept ordering note 4 parts instead of note 4+ because the phone specs gave me the wrong information.

now after all this the back won't fit on the phone so the motherboard is exposed and everything. All that for nothing.

So. now i have to get a new phone. Any recommendations? Im in oklahoma. I love the back fingerprint sensors but honestly im considering just getting an iphone for the snapchat quality lmfao.

>Some drunk girl cracked the screen this summer.
did you crack open her skull in exchange?

nah it wasnt worth it. another girl cracked my backup phone (galaxy s5) last week in chem class two. fucking thots man.

why the fuck are you giving them your phone