Didn't wanna have to do this on something so basic but I absolutely cannot work this out

Didn't wanna have to do this on something so basic but I absolutely cannot work this out.

It'll take anyone on Jow Forums 5 seconds to work out what the problem is.

Okay so here it is...

Attached: file.png (1132x803, 57K)

This is the answer; I don't see how my answer is any different but it won't accept the answer as correct.

Attached: file.png (1030x577, 220K)

Bumping for advice since it makes 0 sense whatsoever to me.

Literally what? That's correct.

if (isRaining == true){
[\code]
I don't know if it would work, but maybe?

That's my point. The response I get is shown in the main screenshot too.

Shouldn't make a difference, it's like a synonyms. Get off that shitty website and download an IDE user.

What? I'm just a passing by user.

Maybe you need to remove assignment of isRaining?

When I hit submit.

I have to learn lol I've already studied most of it and needed a refresher; it works fine in my IDE lol I was just wondering in case it was something stupid I was missing.

Attached: file.png (646x490, 29K)

boolean isRaining = true;
if (isRaining)
System.out.println("\"Windshield wipers on\"");

What do you mean user?

What language is this anyway? C#?

I give up; I'm just going to skip over it and call it bullshit because it works for me on my IDE and I've wasted enough time trying to work out what it wants from me...

Java.

Attached: file.png (1043x827, 51K)

Erase everything before your if statement.

Honestly mate, these websites are utter crap and don't give you syntax highlighting or hints like IDEs do when you trip up by missing a semicolon. You're making it 10x more difficult for yourself to learn Java. Just follow along that video in IntelliJ IDEA.

Logic:
It says that program doesn't respond correctly to rain so maybe their test tries to run it with true and false. And since you always reassign true - it always prints it

Either that or it's silently throwing an exception because user is reassigning to isRaining.

I did, and I'm not even going to waste time posting what shit it threw back at me. I thought I was right all along and it's something wrong with the weak ass web IDE on this site.

Actually, here it is.

Attached: file.png (850x583, 44K)

Yep that site's broken. You've tried everything that could make it valid and it still hasn't worked.

Lol what a piece of shit course

did you try
System.out.print
instead of
System.out.println

I quite like the course, it's just the web IDE I'm afraid.

>Learning a basic if statement in 2000+almost 19
AJAJJAJAJJAJAJAJA

I didn't, I'll try that now; even though I've skipped it and am a few chapters ahead now lel

it can't turn OFF, remove isRaining = true; maybe the value is tested

What age are you?

i don't read threads before posting: the post

Did that too, it doesn't work either lmao.

This asshole thinks I work as a coder by day or something; no, I'm trying to better myself. Have some respect Pajeet.

old enough to know how greentext memeing werks

you're better of reading the docs/api/sample code

Well? I guess it wasn't that either

Attached: 130784302298.jpg (393x393, 59K)

I gave up and put it down to a bad web IDE. It's been pretty alright throughout, except for that last one that I've been stuck on for a while now.

Couldn't understand why. Even forced myself to open the stink ass IDE we use in class (Netbeans) to try and work out what I was doing wrong; of course, no problems were had.

Try declaring isRaining without initializing it, i.e. "boolean isRaining;"

Sorry, proper formatting
boolean isRaining;
if (isRaining) {
System.out.println("Windshield wipers on.");
}

The net IDE wants you to put the slashes to represent windshield wipers. I recommend learning C++ instead.

omg no the answer is obvious. Add an "else" block that prints "Windshield wipers off."

It's not bud, I know about elses but it hasn't even came up yet.

do you need the main shit?
public class fuckingClass {
public static void main(String args[]) {
blah blah balh
}
}

The answer given to you has no space between if and (, like if(isRaining). You have a space in your OP. Shitty WebIDE can't even get that right.

Dont know the language but dont you have to specify more the if statement?

If wind==true etc.

Did you try with else "Windshield wipers off."? They are saying "the wipers are not turning on and OFF when they should.

Also, shouldn't the boolean value be given as an input to your program instead of you setting it to whatever you want? I don't know the challenge site so I might be wrong

if (!isRaining) {
javaisgay.print('windshield wipers off')
}

I'm going to second this.
It says "on and off."

if(isRaining) {
System.out.println("Windshield wipers on.");
} else {
System.out.println("Windshield wipers off.");
}

You're fucking retarded. isRaining is always true so no fucking shit it wouldn't work if it is not raining.