Is JS a meme...

Is JS a meme? I've been lurking on the desktop app development side of programming using Java and C++ but I'm curious whether I should start learning this shit.

Attached: js.png (1052x1052, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kotchan.org/chat/int
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

JavaShit isn't a meme
It is cancer

Why is that?

>has tons of vulnerabilities
>slows down websites
>encourages bad site design
Just to name a few

Yeah, be careful with the performance and memory usage.
"use strict"; too I guess.

Do you have an alternative then?

its actually pretty good for quick code and prototyping shit. i prototyped my VM design in it. better than python at least and if you learn it you can use it in places like web etc. though youll probably need some kind of framework learned as well for larger projects

For what domain?
You can do a huge amount of stuff that most web pages require using just CSS and HTML5 these days.
Static web pages are the future.

> Static web pages are the future
I guess you have 0 professional experience in the webdev field, web pages are getting more and more dynamic, ajax requests and now you can really see an increase in reactive pages as well with web sockets for 2 way communication.

I do agree with the rest, it is still possible to do a great deal of animation and some dynamics with just HTML5 and CSS but your average pajeet will just use jQuery because it's easier

it is BY FAR the most used language but its limited to front end desktop apps / web pages / phone apps / web servers. unless you wanna do back end only or autistic linux shit you should at least know how it works

holy shit kek

How's first year at uni treating you

Barely tolerable with 1000 transpilers, minifiers, and frameworks.

>Static web pages are the future.
oh Jow Forums

Attached: 1474941664043.jpg (248x187, 11K)

1980 called. They want their future technology back

I am in the last year and already employed for 2 years in digital marketing, I know what I am talking about, but nice joke tho

You will have to deal with JS one way or another if you're planning on doing any webshit

what do you use for you GUI framework for Java?? Swing is so fucking outdated it makes me sick

First post is correct but doesn't go far enough. Mixing computation into data formats is cancer.

I don't think there's a viable alternative besides JavaFX, which itself is sub-optimal.

are there any good skins for Swing you know of? the few times ive used Swing with PoCs at works, i was ripped on by cunts looking for anything about the appearance

Webshit is cancer.

I'm 35 an have 10 years web development experience. You don't know what you're talking about. Now shut up.

>has tons of vulnerabilities
>a language specification having tons of vulnerabilities
You're clueless 2bh.

>slows down websites
>encourages bad site design
That's not what a programming language does. You're talking gibberish. That's like saying C crashes programs and systems and encourages bad program design. Heck, in C's case it might be closer to truth.

Back to wagecucking at Starbuks.

JS can fuck off and die. Anyone complicit in helping create the modern web should unironically kys.

> "oh no, I am retarded! I cant understand what webpack, grunt, yarn ,es6 , angular , typescript and react even mean, oh no why did it become so complicated"

> back in my day you just included your script.js in your index.html kiddo

fuck off

pretty sure web asm will be the future of web shit but for now js is king.

also this

Braindead webdevs detected. Nothing of value was ever created with dynamic content and Javascript. Just social media consumerist spew.

kotchan.org/chat/int

Literally everything will be written in js sooner or later. Assimilate or die