Download linux

>download linux
>burn tar.xz to usb
>doesn't boot
Nice OS you have there. Never again.

Attached: 1540856909903.jpg (1344x742, 187K)

Attached: 1505004053032.png (1233x957, 173K)

>he says as he's shit posting on Jow Forums while using Linux

I've never got a bootable usb to work in my whole life and I am a developer for my day job

Bitch what the fuck.

If you're on Windows, there's a hundred gui apps that "just work" for this purpose and are dead simple.

If you're on Linux, uNetbootin is the app to use. Again, it just works.

You're supposed to extract the tarball dumbass

this is bait
(and creates mustard gas)

>If you're on Linux, uNetbootin is the app to use. Again, it just w
Just use dd on GNU/Linux.

this
>burns iso to usb

t. Pajeet

>Download windows 10 on my windows 7 machine
>double click the iso
>Doesn't install the OS
Nice OS you have. Never again

learn2b8m8

1. change tar.xz to tar.iso
2. copy the file on your usb
3. run the iso file
4. reboot

This.

>dd bs=4M if=/drive/loonix.iso of=/dev/sd* conv=fdatasync

Never fails.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
So what you are really missing for your GNU operating system is the GNU coreutils and user land

>dd
cat ~/image.iso > /dev/sda

>on Jow Forums
>suggests unetbootin over dd

>I've never got a bootable usb to work in my whole life and I am a developer for my day job
Sounds about right, most programmers are brainlets.
Crystallized Knowledge != Intelligence.

Unironically the most difficult part of installation is creating the boot media.

I've actually been having issues lately with dd only writing partial isos to flash drives. Not sure if I'm just retarded or what, tried on different computers.
I've been using etcher lately though and it's bretty gud.

>I am a developer

Attached: I-can-count-to-potato.jpg (407x405, 23K)

>I am a developer for my day job
Kill yourself, pajeet. Don't lump your lesser self onto actual developers.