Hello Jow Forums

Hello Jow Forums

I'm a bit dumb, so I made a picture to hopefully get across my idea.

My friends got a bar, and we wanna run 4 webcams in the areas around the room.

PC will be behind the bar, but his bar is quite large so I need some long cables, and since USB-C are not normally that long (say between 50-100 Feet), so I figured USB-C > Ethernet Adapters should do the trick.

My question, and it might seem a bit daft, can I run one of these adapters on each end of the Ethernet? As in, Webcam's Output (USB-C) -> USB-C Adapter -> Ethernet -> USB-C Adapter -> Computer/Hub without issue?

I've seen some cables online that are CAT6 with USB on both ends which is neat, but I'm not sure I can get those easily.

Id love to clarify stuff more as writing isn't my strong suit, but if you guys have any ideas that would be great!

Thanks

Link to the webcam: logitech.com/en-ca/product/brio

There are tons of different USB-C > RJ45 adapters, so I'm not going to link a specific one.

Attached: basic-outline-g.jpg (1956x752, 220K)

Other urls found in this thread:

icron.com/products/icron-brand/usb-extenders/cat5/usb-3-0-spectra-3001-15/
amazon.ca/SIIG-Active-Repeater-20-Meters-JU-CB0811-S1/dp/B0053YLYLC
youtube.com/watch?v=ffijtsWL6A8
amazon.com/SIIG-Active-Repeater-10-Meters-JU-CB0611-S1/dp/B0053YLXF4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1540876480&sr=8-1&keywords=SIIG usb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

is that the mens bathroom fag?

good start thnx for bump

Why the fuck are you installing webcams all over a bar

That's a webcam. For web conferences and skype sessions.
Buy an IP CCTV camera. They're significantly cheaper and they run on ethernet in the first place.

Its an off-beat idea, but essentially the bar nights will be streamed via twitch and the behind bar cam will act as an 'info-session' on cocktails, etc.

I'm aware, I need high quality webcams for twitch, not security.

Do you feel this method (IP CCTV) would be high enough quality for me to work with? - as well as easy of intergration with software like OBS?

Thanks.

These are the cables I referenced in my post (Dual-ended USB Ethernet)

icron.com/products/icron-brand/usb-extenders/cat5/usb-3-0-spectra-3001-15/

These are 50 feet roughly - I'd just need to source a supplier.

>OBS
OBS accepts video streams from various protocols.
You need to set up all of your cameras to stream over one of these protocols and connect them to a switch.
The cameras can be powered over ethernet or they can be real, actual cameras with a capture device that creates an IP stream

So get some high quality IP Cameras, feed to the a POE Switch, Switch to PC and they'll detect as if I had a normal everyday webcam plugged in via USB as you would at home?

Do I have that somewhat right?

>normal everyday webcam plugged in via USB
no
some IP cameras are actually servers and will host a website with the stream
other IP cameras can just output the video stream by itself at a URI or URL.

Hmmm - so which IP Cameras will be easily source able in OBS - if I went that route?

Appreciate your time.

Seems a lot of what im finding are built to work with an NVR (Which I wont have)

all IP cameras should at least be accessible over a browser. OBS has a source for that.
If the camera you pick has a better option, then there is probably a way to use that instead.

Because they assume you have an actually good camera. The price for a Blackmagic Web Presenter ($450) isn't even close to the cost of a real camera.

I feel like im just going to get

4 x amazon.ca/SIIG-Active-Repeater-20-Meters-JU-CB0811-S1/dp/B0053YLYLC

with

4 x Logitech BRIO

Is there any reason this wouldn't work, I dont mean to sound ignorant - I'm just curious and this method will have me asking less questions :)

your money pal
enjoy the latency

Ohh, this sounds good then. if I can source the webcams via browser in OBS then I could set this up.

I haven't used OBS much, so sourcing is essentially my largest 'up-in-the-air' question.

I posted before reading your last comment, latency is paramount for this as it will be streamed.

I'll do some more looking into how to source via OBS and which IP Cameras I should run with.

I had to ask you guys, because my local shop wont even know what OBS is.

Thanks again man.

if you have any info on sourcing a browser or any camera in OBS, id be all ears.

youtube.com/watch?v=ffijtsWL6A8

Does this video essentially outline your idea/plan?

If so, youre the man and this will work wonderful.

>USB-C > Ethernet Adapters
Those are NICs with a USB interface. They don't adapt USB to Ethernet any more than a printer adapts to paper.

Right, forgive my terminology.

I've basically summarized most basic USB Male > Female extension cables that arent complete shit quality will work for transmitting video under 75 feet. So I should be good.

For anyone (albeit rare) in the same case, These seem quality.

amazon.com/SIIG-Active-Repeater-10-Meters-JU-CB0611-S1/dp/B0053YLXF4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1540876480&sr=8-1&keywords=SIIG usb