My cs career is going to get ended by calc 3 and linear algebra

>my cs career is going to get ended by calc 3 and linear algebra
>doesn't even matter that I got 4.0s my intro to programming classes
>I'm already $25k in debt

How do I salvage this bros

Attached: cc1.jpg (619x453, 28K)

kys?

this

Start working, nobody cares what you know if you know what you're doing and how to do what they want you to

You can't take symbolic logic instead?

i failed Calc 2 like 10 times.

drop out and get a cert, or change your degree.
your school likely offers some variant of network security, computer informatics, cybersec or equivalent where your current classes will mostly carry over.

Use paul’s math notes for calc 3. Also linear algebra is usually pretty simple its just a lot of construction and terminology which freshmen usually get hung up on. I’d take a look at 3brown1blue’s “Essence of linear algebra” videos on youtube. If you did bad on a midterm do not let it get you down that’s a beginners mistake.

ya that's what happened to me. i passed every class except calc3, failed it 3 times, need special permission from the dean now to take it. he basically said until I come up with a good reason why I'll pass it this time he won't let me retake it.

so basically ya, i started working. paid my debt off in 10 months. still no degree but whatever.

Study difficult courses day and night until you can solve enough exercises, even if you hate it.
It's the only way and everybody who did it learnt it the hard way.
If you drop out you are either a brainlet or you can't commit enough to survive the challanges of the real world.

drop out of college. work shitty jobs. make up shit on your resume. then get paid 100k+ when you finally land a good job. that's what i did anyway.

CS PhD student here...

Your calc classes will find limited use in most CS subjects, but they're there to make sure you know a thing or two about math. If you can't pass them, you don't have the problem-solving capabilities to create new algorithms, and you'll be worthless for anything more than copy-pasting crap from Stack Overflow. Think of the classes like an aptitude test.

Linear algebra, on the other hand, is pretty fucking important for anything to do with machine learning, which is what basically everyone's doing these days in some form or another. It's also important for understanding a number of important algorithms, including anything to do with linear optimization.

You should also be taking a statistics class at some point. Equally as important as linear algebra, and if you're not understanding calculus, statistics may be hard for you too.

Those are literally the easiest classes ever.

>I'm already $25k in debt
Are you paying out of state tuition, or are you just attending a really expensive school? Do you not have grants or scholarships? Are you not doing work study?

>How do I salvage this bros
Get a tutor, and talk to your professors during their office hours to ask about anything you don't understand. Start your homework the day it's released and forego any social activity until it's done. Look up Khan Academy. Always ask questions until you understand shit.

>college is the real world
oh user

>Your calc classes will find limited use in most CS subjects
Don’t lie to the boy. Calculus is easily the most generally useful math tool.

It's certainly useful, it's just that you don't see nearly as much use out of it as you would, say, linear algebra or statistics.

what university is so stupid that they make something like calc 3 a requirement for a cs degree?

My OS class is harder than Cal 3. Cal 3 was easy compared to OS.

Retake if you have to.

Live in the fucking math center or whatever tutoring service your school has. If it doesn't you must still out money to a pirate tutor find an ugly broke kid. Last use Khan Academy it's a meme but you can always find your course content there and it will match with what you're learning and its well vetted and better explained than what your boomer prof can do. Ultimately user put in the fucking hours and don't be a bitch. Math isn't a sprint it's a slow marathon and you need routine and discipline if you're a brainlet like I was and faced the same problem.

Shill out* private tutor*

Passing a college test is far easier than the real world. That's why I said that if you drop out you probably can't commit enough to do anything else.

Based

find a math tutor

colleges that want to ensure a good reputation for their cs grads

>a good reputation for their cs grads
What an oxymoron

Did you eventually succeed?

that's not true anymore. they need obedient kids to protect their value and conform to standards.

just make a patreon for hentai games and make an easy 8k a month

start studying?

Hire me to tutor you. I'm a mathfag.

Get any job asap while You're still a student?
But that's risky, as you'll have to give up the school. Do only if you feel you won't be able to progress.

No.
No it does not.
Not one bit.

Attached: a123b12bdbfe31e65078a71a228f8a13295d5176.png (1152x648, 29K)

come home to mommy, OP
>

literally a brainlet.

How do you pass intro to computer organization? The textbook makes fuck all sense and the instructor is using ARMv8 to teach it. There's literally fuck all information on it

spend less time on Jow Forums and actually study you fucking retard

europoor here, can anyone give quick rundown on these calc 1,2 and 3 classes etc you have in na

Attached: allinapustus.png (657x527, 45K)

Calc 1 - Scalar Analysis
Calc 2 - Vector Analysis
Calc 3 - Complex Analysis
Did I get this right?

Experience is valued much higher than education.

You should land programming jobs strictly with your portfolio of projects/applications/development

Show your skills through work you've done and it will be more valuable than a $25k piece of paper

Any decent one.
>tfw I have to take Calc 3 and Fis 3

Attached: Imagem1-1024x666.png (1024x666, 301K)

String Calculus knowledge is good for literally any aspect of life

Get good at math.

Both of those courses are core to doing anything interesting in cs.

Source: I use gradients and linear algebra daily

>tfw was failing calc already half way through the semester
>tfw it was a combo of me not working enough and a horrible professor

Better luck next semester I guess. Also I still have calc 2 and discrete math. I hate this required math bullshit but I get why it's important.

Attached: nicebuttersnigga.jpg (1200x900, 249K)

I dropped out of CS two days into the year because I had no patience for the math required.
I see no reason why I should learn to generate 3D models, illuminate them, animate them, and display them in OpenGL, all in C++.
I literally cannot think of a single use for any of this.

Anyway, the way I see it, the university model is deeply outdated for learning anything other than literature, history, or philosophy, ie anything that doesn't actually require you to think, only regurgitate info.

Everything else should be hands-on learning.

>I see no reason why I should learn to generate 3D models, illuminate them, animate them, and display them in OpenGL, all in C++.
Sounds pretty hands on to me

As a mathlet you want to switch to Computer Engineering.

are

you

really

that gois

at

math
?

go back

Calculus 1 is basic differentiation and integration in one variable
Calculus 2 is sequences and series, Taylor approximations, and a few integration tricks
Calculus 3 is vector calculus

I'm hesitant to call any of these "analysis" because analysis, at least in north america, is the more rigorous sequence math guys take where everything is proved and justified. The calculus sequence is just calculation.

How the hell do so many people fail calc t. math major
after you learn basic differentiation/integration there are maybe 3/4 other minor scenarios to prepare for and you are good. Trig functions can have some awful formulae but most professors let you bring a formula sheet of them anyway

>about to transfer soon
>going to be 100% focused on CS degree
>most math I ever did was a C in pre-calc (mainly because I never applied myself during gen-ed courses)
>hear about information science and information technology being alternatives with less math
Can I still get a really good job with information science as a major? I am not completely certain what is learned from them, but I am afraid I might not get through so much math in a short span of 2 years for a CS degree.

The most appealing career to me is one involving network or cybersecurity.

Attached: 1538374812005.jpg (666x720, 46K)

My Uni's Computer Engineering course has the same math recs plus physics. My current degree program (Comp Sci) has the lowest amount of math weirdly, unless I switch to Information Science but if you want to be a programmer it doesn't have the same weight in the job world.

Attached: thepath.png (1572x3028, 503K)

Reminder that whenever someone calls you a brainlet on a Jow Forums there's a significant chance they were unable to pass the calculus sequence

Just learn the math, it's useful and interesting.

Managed to pass linear algebra on the first exam, only managed to pass calc on the third. It's literal pleb filter, nothing else
Study harder

Go take your math courses at your local community college. They don't give a shit. Seriously. I walked in with a TI-84 with all my notes and made some quick and dirty programs to solve the more complex questions. Just plug and chug.

and here goes the ML buzzword again

Retarded frogposter stays true to himself.
CS is applied mathematics what the fuck did you expect you absolute cock chewing retard.

saying CS is applied math is like saying economics is applied math

>paul's notes

based

Could be worse
I'm a brainlet NEET who has dreams of being a programmer and I never passed algebra 1 in high school

Attached: 1537535300469.jpg (1921x1280, 176K)

>$25k
Kek you better being taught lessons by horny scort-level female professors each day and then get a complete servicing at the end of the day, otherwise I say this is a scam.
It took me 3600€ in total for the CS grad here in Uropoor lands, and granted the education I received might have been worse than yours, but not an order of magnitude worse.

Attached: 1534371358871s.jpg (246x250, 8K)

This. Cert are just as valuable, if not more so.

>tfw my entire Euro education has been more than paid for after 2 weeks of work in the US

Kek indeed

That $25k is only for my freshman year. My rent alone is $1100/mo

>1100 rent
B... better it comes with a loli waifu maido that receives you in dogeza position each evening. I can rent a flat for me alone with 400-600€.

Attached: 1537398261972s.jpg (250x194, 8K)

Maybe you can write a highly-optimized search algorithm to find a better career path.

ANALYSIS is. Not calculus. There is quite a difference.
This. Also, Algorithms will be a bitch if you didn't understand Calc II.

It’s not the 70s, boomer. Every business has huge requirements for a job any retard can do.

You're probably studying it wrong and relying on brute force memorizing it rather than trying to actually understand the material.

You just need a firm handshake and eye contact and you'll have a job in no time

>25k dollar debt just to attend school
no wonder you americans are retarded

Retake the courses if you can, and set yourself up for success this time.

-Don't take them together, and take an easy semester each time.
-Spend your break reviewing the material you learned the first time. I cannot stress this enough if you come in to the semester with a few weeks knowledge in advance, but still do those few weeks homework anyhow, you've already geared yourself for another 6 weeks of work after.
-Do some research. Find the professor who is known to be either exploitable or a very good instructor
-Fight for every mark
-Stop psyching yourself out. Not everyone in this field likes calculus. That's ok. The goal isn't to like it, the goal is to be able to work hard.

Literally I was/am in the same boat, but at some point I just had to tell myself to do it even though I hated it. Ended up getting 80s on both finals on my last run through.

Now I just need to retake stats because I'm not done repenting for being a dumb-ass two years ago. More than I am now at least.

Attached: 1492870106236.jpg (612x816, 211K)

>-Don't take them together, and take an easy semester each time.
How do you even avoid doing this if you're a transfer student who only has the major-oriented classes to work on though?

Most transfer students usually come with those general courses, like Calc 3 and Statistics, I would have thought.

Even if that's not the case, you can still plan your semesters out to give you an edge. Find out which offered courses have the lightest course load, or which professors are the easiest, and simply make a smart plan that balances your semesters. You may not be able to make it "easy" but you can at least get as much of an edge as you can.

Also there's probably no shame in doing fewer courses a term just to have an easier time.

Study. No matter how retarded you are, if you spend enough time on algebra you will eventually understand it.

If you've already understood the theory behind it then just practice it. During tests you won't have time to think about the solutions, it has to become a second nature to you by having practiced it hundreds of time beforehand.

there are colleges that flat out stop you from retaking something more than 3 times, and you have to grovel and beg the administration to let you register a 3rd time
you're pretty much forced to take it at another institution and hope your credits transfer back

Neither did I, and now I'm working in infosec. Granted I only do malware analysis and reverse engineering, but that shit doesn't require calculus. You can make it as a programmer, IMHO, but probably not at a place like Google where they want you to be the master of algorithms.

absolutely based

also got a fuckin D+ and had to retake it. Everyone but me cheated their ass off also.

>Calculus 3 is vector calculus
Are you serious? This is high school math in most europoor countries.

>go to community college
>take trigonometry
>only one professor teaches it
>acts like a stuttering retard who always fucks up and writes in heiroglyphics
>only people who pass basically read the entire course material and taught themselves through youtube
>fail the first time and drop the course second

What a waste of money. Also Trig is fucking worthless.

Attached: 1512388631879.png (642x715, 15K)

Multivariate calc is required for ABET, so any reputable school will have you take it, plus at least one of linear and diffeq (probably both)

CE will need just as much math, just different classes. If he can't get past calc 3 then he should switch to a non-math based field completely.

Solid Jow Forums right here.

Consider yourself served.

There are some slight demographic differences between Europe and the US that affect the average mathematical capabilities of students

>>Be europoor
>>Take Calculus 3 at age 14
>>Grow up and vote to allow refugees to rape all my women and ban the sale of plastic knives so i can't defend myself because of superior intelligence gained from Laplace Methods.

>Take Calculus 3 at age 14
It's more like 17-18. As for the rest of your post, I don't even know what to say.

Attached: 3t8VKOjESbI.png (250x150, 14K)

It's almost like more intelligent people are less afraid of trying new things.

That's wonderful, Calculus 3 at age 18 bravo *claps* simply wonderful, and I'm sure the class is really hard also what with all the parents constantly complaining

Okay...

pseudo intelligent people who watch the news all day long because it reminds them of a reality show are less afraid to revolt against state enforced genocide also. If their friends on facebook aren't afraid they shouldn't be either.

in my country what you call calculus I and II is calculus I

I failed it twice and Differential Equations once and Linear Algebra twice.
My final GPA was 2.4.

I had multiple offers from Silicon Valley companies, but ultimately chose a small local startup making 80k

Even based leibniz the inventor of calculus didn’t give a fuck when applying it. Stick your formalisms up your ass mathfag.

sell drugs

>don't call cs programming
>it's okay to call calculus analysis

Attached: 1515415049651.jpg (1122x1114, 95K)

I really dont mean this to be offensive for you US guys, but what you study in calc I and II is studied in last year of highschool and calc III was a part of calc I, except for triple integrals and such in my career (CE), which was calc II.

>can't do calc and linear algebra
lmao

This is why i majored IT and not CS.

I'm making literally the exact same as my CS coworker and graduated with more certs.

I only took College Calc and College Trig.

Attached: 1492252049130.png (512x512, 176K)

>how into math for retards
Step 1. Work harder than people who are good at mathematics.
All it takes is time and effort. Quit being such a fucking crybaby and go watch fifty three separate videos about calculus.
t retard postgraduate currently doing masters

I got an A first time through.
Dude, it's just inverse derivatives and spinning around axis so you need 2pi