Underground Airways?

Why don't we have underground airways across the lands yet? They would be like the underground natural gas lines but heavily reinforced and with built in backup lines and routes in case one get's broken.

Surely they would be an excellent solution to getting the populations breathable air in the case of a natural disaster or attack scenario where the air becomes toxic/radioactive. And then just be sure to make homes airtight capable, which should also be fairly simple in many cases.

Attached: pipeline underground 600 x 340.jpg (600x340, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fastcompany.com/40421177/this-giant-smog-vacuum-cleaner-in-china-actually-works
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

t. Posted from my nuclear bunker

Also to mock you further making homes "airtight" is such an impossible feat I don't even

You don't need to make them airtight. Just have an air tap inside that gives the house positive pressure.

>have an earthquake
>toxic/radioactive gases and liquids leak inside
>people are blocked inside and cannot flee to safer places
Sounds like a good idea

sewers nowadays is big enough for a car

Kek

Attached: spdrma[1].png (482x357, 153K)

This is what I meant, sorry lol

You'd have checkpoint buildings along the lines with cut-offs to stop air coming from dangerous zones. Place you live at gets cut off? Too bad, need to evacuate, but areas further away that aren't too damaged but still have toxic clouds can still get clean air, which is good because that's where you can evacuate too... As opposed to evacuating hundreds or thousands of miles in the same type of disaster.

I thought you meant tunnels for planes at first
t.esl

have you seen the sites on which they decontaminate the air particles around fukushima? its practicly impossible to do this shit on such a scale

>why not spend trillions of dollars on something unnecessary just in case anime becomes real

a) These disasters happen EXTREMELY rarely
b) This solution is ENORMOUSLY EXPENSIVE
c) making homes airtight is REALLY HARD

This idea is retarded beyond imagination, you seriously lack any critical thinking skills.

A Trillion dollar solution for a basically non existent Problem, congratulations.

because planes already do all of that, but without needing several billion dollars per mile in infrastructure, just open skies

lmao this thread

seems like it's not just you lmao

what the fuck is this thread haha

You mean like underground gas pipes just for transporting breathable air? 4-1 nitrogen-oxygen mix? The stuff Earth's atmosphere is made of?
Why the fuck would you do that?

or you could just plant trees you stupid faggot

>A Trillion dollar solution for a basically non existent Problem, congratulations.

i can name at least 10 situations that this will help
not including nuclear shitfest
there are at least 3 supervolcanoes RIGHT now that have gone past their natural timing of erruptions just put that into perspective for a moment

this is the dumbest thing ive ever fucking read

OP also called it "an excellent idea", begging me to ask for what he considers bad ones.

im also curious now that you mention it

Maybe you should consider leaving China.

And how will your air pipes help stop a supervolcano? Will you pressurize them to hold the tectonic plates in place?

i dont know how did china managed to remove the smug with their huge ass cleaning towers?

oh wait fastcompany.com/40421177/this-giant-smog-vacuum-cleaner-in-china-actually-works

With a filter, I'd assume.
Just checking here, what do you think air actually is? Like, do you see it more as a substance, or a state of mind or something?

not bad but it would be easier to build new air on-site

sounds like something from the twilight zone
>emergency alert this is not a drill
>the soviets have dropped a lethal biological agent
>please stay in doors with all openings closed and activate your airtech positive pressure system
>but meanwhile the air system is being pumped full of experimental chemicals
>queue hidden cameras installed when the system was installed
>meanwhile the air outside was perfectly clean and nothing happened

would watch

10/10 would watch

a series of filters down to 5000 microns is actually the standard practice on every nuclear bunker user

#metoo

Same I thought he wanted to build modern He162s

That's all very interesting, but does very little to answer the underlying question of "what good is a vast network of underground air pipes going to do you in case of a supervolcano eruption".
Keep in mind that everything you spend burying the pipelines is money you could have used, for example, to buy cars to use in evacuating people. Or to hire a team of geologists to study local tectonics in hopes of predicting the eruption. There's an opportunity cost.

if a supervolcano errupts it wont matter to have plans for evacuation
its most surely will be the main cause of a volcanic winter
therefore a bunker will most surely be the best place to live if you are above the subtropical regions of the world
not to mention that if you have a bunker near any place that has or had geothermal activity you gonna be able to heat insane amount of area and plus grow your own damn things via hydroponics..

That's nice, but where do the air pipes come into this?

how you will feed with fresh air the bunkers user?
gonna filter their co2 breaths and farts?

Maybe like a pipe to the surface, with one of those filters that were mentioned before.
What's your solution? Eight hundred kilometers of underground pipe to the AIR FACTORY? What do you intend to do if the pipeline breaks, for example due to the earthquakes related to the supervolcano eruption?

well each bunker has such filters assuming ofc we are talking about a supervolcanic erruptions you wont need a huge ass setup to clear it
if i remember correctly they need a check every 1.5 years of full production
having said that the setup to clear a radioactive air particle its a whole another monster to deal with

>pipes breaking
i dont know what kind of pipes they lay in murica but pretty sure here in yurop they lay plastic ones like the ones on the photo they are capable of 80degrees turn and can withstand up to 60bar pressure they simply cant break under a quake unless it causes liquefaction and the ground slips like 10-20 meters

Attached: laying_plastic.jpg (620x260, 81K)

>well each bunker has such filters assuming ofc
All right. In that case, to get back to my earlier question, where does the vast network of underground air pipes come into this?

well if it was me i would built such a system close a geothermal spot to provide heat and melt the ice that will come after such an event and provide an area to grow plants
but thats as far as i would go to speculate as to why such a system can be usefull

Or you can wear a gas mask and not be a retard like the OP.

Attached: 1024px-Gas_mask_greek.jpg (1024x698, 205K)