*dabs on Intel & AMD*

Attached: TechCrunch.jpg (632x672, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/13392/the-iphone-xs-xs-max-review-unveiling-the-silicon-secrets/4
anandtech.com/show/12694/assessing-cavium-thunderx2-arm-server-reality/7
notebookcheck.net/Apple-A12-Bionic-SoC.331518.0.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Xbox One S performance
So slightly weaker than a Radeon 7870?

>1000x faster
big, if true

Xbox One S
So 1,000 bucks for 2016 performance?

>Apple went bold and said the iPad Pro is faster than 92 percent of mobile computers, including m any Intel Core i7 processors.

>and still no ARM Mac
Apple is wasting their lead by being tied down to Intel.

They said that the A12X is faster than 92% of all portable PCs out there & they even mentioned low-power Core i7 processors as the ones the A12X surpasses in performance.

I wonder how quickly it thermal throttles.

Even A12 in iPhone got pretty close to i7 chips. It's only limited by the power envelope since it can't run maxed out with passive cooling.

Supposedly that will be happening in the near future

Depends on exposed area of ones legs and sweatiness of the user's skin.

According to Rossman, thermal throttling and build quality has never been an issue on iPads

>Apple compare own FP16 GPU agains AMD 6 years old FP32 GPU

>pack a big total of 6 trillion jews in a tiny silicon square
>use it on imessage, whatsapp, instagram and snapchat
why do smartphone manufacturers do this

It's called windows compat and thunderbolt.

>shit on €200 device with a €1000 device
wow

hey i was making a big number joke there, it can be 6 million whitey crackers if you want
still doesn't explain why so much processing power goes to dumb thot shit though

>2016 performance
The XboneS doesn't even have top end 2010 performance, let alone 2016. It's about equivalent to a 7770.

Does the Xbox One S work without a TV and a power cord?

iPad Pro run Forza Horizon 4?

Technically it should be bored with it.

It can operate TV-free, but it relies on game streaming.
Power cord is necessary for both.

Attached: fb9cy7j6yhp01.jpg (720x682, 73K)

shitposting and being an edgy cunt is not the same, my dude.

>FP16

Then why oh why does Apple not put these "amazing" processors in their Macs? This year on year +30% while everybody struggles smells like BS.

>as good as the slowest xbox one
>as good as a console from 2013
I N N O V A T I O N

fucking itoddlers will fall for this

>as good as laptop hardware from half a decade ago that sells for $200
lol

because its an arm chip

So we got a sick new tablet gpu where we can't equal a regular GPU from 2012... wait, why are you laughing? STOP SELLING OUR STOCK BBY PLS

Probably because they are too afraid of backwards compatibility issues instead of telling the x86 cucks to take it or fuck off.

>This year on year +30% while everybody struggles smells like BS.
Well, Intel stagnated for a while now because they relaxed too hard over lack of competition, while AMD is just beginning to catch up and barely have any money. Other ARM chip makers are pretty poor too. It's not shocking that a company with Apples resources would dominate any field they went into.

anandtech.com/show/13392/the-iphone-xs-xs-max-review-unveiling-the-silicon-secrets/4

NPC code stucks posting Apple threads

So, when are we finally going to get an Apple ARM chip running full Linux, so we can compare its actual performance on the same platform instead of having to rely on those inconsistent geekbench meme numbers?
I don't doubt that their chip is insanely powerful for its power budget, but never ever should it be able to compete with Intel's 25+ Watt chips.

I need a good tablet and screen quality is my priority, should I just get last year's iPad Pro?

You do realise that most Intel chips are VERY similar and the TDP is more about the cooling than performance, right?

Non geekbench shit.
anandtech.com/show/12694/assessing-cavium-thunderx2-arm-server-reality/7

Weaker than GTX 750

Still quite incredible how much you can pack a 7850's level of performance on the tiny chip. Imagine if each of these tiny gpu were built into the motherboard. Or maybe in 5-10 more years, we'd see 1060/580 level performance in the size of a penny.

SPEC2006 is outdate, Now use SPEC2017

Everyone knows Apple's chips have similar behavior to Intel y/m chips. They're likely bursting up much, much higher for short periods of time and not reporting it to external sensors because we know that every apple product has terrible throttling. Which is by design to save power. If Samsung fixed Mongoose M3's power gating and core migration behavior then you'd see the M3 get close to 80% of the performance of the A12. This works on mobile because 99% of the work done on a phone or tablet is fixed for every short periods of time. We see on fixed, long workloads like physics benchmarks running for several minutes the performance is still good but only about inline with similar competitors

>1000x faster GPU
so why was it so bad before?

I'll repost what I posted in another apple shill thread before it got nuked
>A12X already rapes both Intel and AMD in terms of IPC and power efficiency.
>Unironically trusting those benchmarks
Yes, I'm sure a closed source platform coming from the least consumer friendly company in the world wouldn't detect benchmarking software and fudge the results.
You know yourself how full of shit this is. A company that can't make a functioning laptop that doesn't break through normie usage yet they manage to engineer a silicon miracle? While losing in daily usage benchmarks to cheap chinkphones?

While outdated it's probably to the benefit of an older Intel CPU.

notebookcheck.net/Apple-A12-Bionic-SoC.331518.0.html
There are some more numbers. Obviously not optimal to compare them 1-1 but everything hints to it smoking Skylake.
Also keep in mind, this is the much weaker A12 in a fucking phone.

Do you even understand how benchmark fuckery is working? Even if they did mess with the results, it would still indicate that A12 can get there, given enough cooling, which is given in a larger body.

>You do realise that most Intel chips are VERY similar and the TDP is more about the cooling than performance, right?
No shit, that's basically what TDP has always been about.
Still, if your chip has a higher TDP, and your cooling system can support it, the higher TDP chip will perform better than the lower TDP one.
Did Intel even have different core designs for mobile and desktop chips where there were more differences other than clock speed and maybe manufacturing process?

>A12X already rapes both Intel and AMD in terms of IPC
"no"

>buys $200 gaymer laptop from 2012
>keyboard is all sticky with tons of worn out keys
>screen has white spots
>battery is dead
>hinges are all loose
>b-b-but you can replace a-all of it!
>gpu dies anyway because previous owner never changed the thermal paste

For a mobile gpu that's insane that used to be a 200w graphics card

>Did Intel even have different core designs for mobile and desktop chips where there were more differences other than clock speed
Maybe more cache and access to more PCI lanes but basically, no.

Perfect, just what i wanted for my sick fortnite plays on my tablet!

>3DMark - Ice Storm Unlimited Physics
Weak as AMD A6.
SPEC2006 beneficie more simple CPU for outdate task.

Name me one tablet that can compete with the iPad, I used to avoid anything Apple, but their tablets combined with the pencil are actually good for work, even if its expensive as fuck.

>in b4 use a laptop instead
I have a thin and light high end gayming laptop, it doesn't replace my tablet.

Would it be possible to put an arm & x86 processor in the same computer and delegate certain tasks to whichever processor handles it better?

Attached: af2.png (741x568, 29K)

Is this going into macbooks?

Sadly not.

microsoft surface

>Presenting the MacBook Pro: Even more Housefire edition(tm)

They're probably getting ready to switch macs over to ARM

Xbox one S is slightly above Radeon HD 7770, 6 years old,$150 and 75 TDP.

I like how they advertise GPU performance comparing it to a console. macOS is terrible as a platform for games, no matter the hardware. No games with wrappers run at more than 25% speed of what you get on either Linux/Windows, and native titles are mostly laptop tier shit that you can run on cheap thinkpads.

This won't run fucking Deus Ex: Human Revolution properly.

maybe, being able to run windows was a big selling point in the past

thatwaseasy.jpg

>According to Rossman, thermal throttling and build quality has never been an issue on iPads
Just thermal expansion.

measured only in geekbench i assume?

Yeah, I'm still not paying the Apple tax, though.

because its absolute retardation to believe that apple is doing something with only a few watts that others need >100 watts to match. scaled geekbench benchmarks does not mean that a mobile CPU has the same processing power as a desktop CPU and theres no way thermally an igpu is going to reach the same potential as a 10: x 4" discrete GPU with active cooling.

because apple ALWAYS uses geekbench to showcase their ridicoulous amount of perfomance

and oh well when people gets their devices on their hands its a whole new different world...

Sure but now even Windowsfags don't want to run Windows, while there is an ARM version either way.

All they need to do is getting their core productivity 3rd party tools on ARM and are clearly doing it on iOS already. They had some weird ass project name for porting iOS apps to MacOS, so it's clearly moving that way, just so slowly. And specially now that Intel totally tanks and AMD still haven't figured out low TDP CPUs, the moment seems perfect.

>while there is an ARM version either way.
forgot about this. I'm sure apple could get win10 officially supported on their A12X

yes we all wanna run windows on a hugely inferiori system just so that we can get the "apple feeling"

any memebench leaks yet?

This

Sure they had coprocessors back in the 90s very common especially the sgi and early Intel stuff

Holy shit my pay to win babby App Store games will be so much better now!

But App store had zelda ripoff made by pajeets or emulator PS2 games and 2 years old steam indies.

Tappy Mario! Whee, 1up, śòy!

The iPad wont be able to handle it, it will have significant overheating issues if they dont implement some sort of active cooling, Mark my words.

>Did Intel even have different core designs for mobile and desktop chips where there were more differences other than clock speed and maybe manufacturing process?
Atoms(and some celerons, especially mobile) have different core design.

>just bought an entry level ipad 3 months ago

I just use it to read e-books anyway.

It’s great for that, remember to go to your Settings app, General, Display Accomodations, Reduce White Point for night time reading. Also GoodReader is the app of choice for PDFs.

>So slightly weaker than a Radeon 7870?
Actually more like the 7790, so basically low medium tier 2013 tech.

So complete fucking trash, I would be embarrassed if I was Apple.

>just bought an iPad Pro 2 months ago
I want to die

>Jokes

You dense motherfucker would knew that new iPads were coming within the following months and what to expect had you done any kind of research.

But will never have games of that quality because the lack of storage means no big games with decent textures can happen.

Yeah, lack of storage is by far the biggest issue on a fucking tablet when it comes to gayming.

Probably.
I'm still kind on the fence on the new one, since I feel FaceID is retarded, especially on a tablet, so it's not all that bad.

Just one of many flaws

Not really. 1TB version is available if you aren't a poorfag; but then again if you aren't a poorfag, you wouldn't waste your life away to escape into vidya.

you can't compare x86 and arm

Oh stupid me, why would I have bought a nintendo switch when I could get an ipad pro with the performance of a xbox one?
:^)

And here am I dreaming about a PSP with A12. Or at least some Apple clone of it for 3x the price. Seems like such a waste to use it for tablet gaming.

Your using a worst case scenario, something nobody would even want, how about a semi decent laptop in moderate condition? How 90% of the things you would even think about getting would be, and then you can upgrade it

>take RPI zero
>fit to PCI-e 1X
>finally a use for that slot besides overpriced sound cards
I love the idea of having an ARM based os with X86 executables running in parallel and vice versa. It sounds comfy as fuck.

I fully expect it to get ridiculously predictable results in Geekbench and most benchmark apps, but thermally throttle and generally not be any more useful than the old generation iPad Pro because of the crippling OS they use on it.

>can't type text without lagging

Attached: 1534793264416.webm (1280x546, 2.83M)

And by ridiculously predictable I mean take the number of cores the A12X has in comparison to the A12 and then increase the Geekbench score by the difference.

I was thinking about making something like what the PS4 does with its southbridge/arm co-processor.
The way I have it set up at the moment is just changed $DISPLAY to be my main machine and it does work okay-ish, what I want to do is to have my main rig send a signal to the Pi when it's shutting down and have it start shit like a torrent client and resume where the main system left off.

Attached: 1539791563878.jpg (1241x1009, 236K)

>he posted it again XD

Attached: 1520199688752.webm (1920x1080, 1.93M)

>Ipad
>work

if you're not in a terminal, vim and ssh all day you aren't doing any work

tablets aren't good at any of those