Do you still have your wisdom teeth Jow Forums?

Do you still have your wisdom teeth Jow Forums?

Attached: WisdomTeeth.jpg (1080x1101, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

minibarlabs.com/hack-brush-technical-info/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yup

Yes
Is it really as bad as people say?

yes

no that's why i am posting here if i was wise i would be on reddit and hackernews

I don't believe in dentology

No and the following week after removal hurt like hell

I have half of them. Getting them pulled made me realize that surgeons are just glorified dudes with tools violently cracking teeth with pliers and then picking out the pieces while not even giving you very good anesthetics.

Eventually had to have my removed because it started pressuring nerves and jaw muscles.
Which is a shame, because if i had slighty more jaw i could have kept all 4.

Can't wait for your justification on why this is on Jow Forums

Robots will be the perfect dentists

Not OP but dental technology on how to remove? Idk man.

Ye and it's starting to fucking hurt. Last year alone I had to get my appendix removed because it swelled up and got infected. Reality sure fucking sucks.

t. ex- christian

Attached: USad.jpg (700x632, 197K)

Yep, 4 of them.

>wisdom teeth
>doesn't make you wiser

Yes and so do both my parents. I guess this is what it’s like having superior genetics for once.

Nah, all four of them removed.
My dentist had little penguins on his hat therefore it's Linux related.

You're trapped in the botnet once you give up your wisdom teeth to their database

I had my two right ones removed but still need to go back and get my two left ones removed.

They're not that bad. A lot of dentists/surgeons will say you need to have them removed only because it makes them big shekels but the truth is if they never grow in and aren't bothering you, you don't need to have them removed. That said, it's entirely possible they can either: a. get infected while still in the gums and need to be removed, or b. grow in much later in life, so some people will remove them anyway if either of these two are a possibility. Mine weren't bothering me at all throughout my teens and 20s but for whatever reason, one day when I was 32, my two right ones decided to grow in aggressively and started making my gums hurt like hell.

Had mine till 24, not uncommon to lose them even in high age.

>somehow I had cavities in all 4 of them and they had to remove it.
>noone taught me to floss, brush and use interdental sticks 30min after eating
>two times brushing a day is not enough apparently
>The dentists allowed me to play music
>biganimutidders.flac
>the moment all of those tubes and tools entered my mouth the music turned off
>dead battery

My favourite distro is crunchbang, what's yours?

Yes.
I don't want to get any removed because it kinda changes your jaw/face (and not in a good way).

Teeth are technology.

minibarlabs.com/hack-brush-technical-info/

No it doesn't you brainlet, the mandible defines the shape.

I want to get mine removed but I'm afraid I might start saying racist and sexual shit

Attached: 4557591.jpg (520x678, 69K)

Pro-tip: if you're not a zoomer and are overweight, you should see about getting them removed sooner rather than later. The older you get and the unhealthier you are, the less likely it is to have all four teeth removed at once and the recovery will take longer. I'm overweight with high blood pressure and the surgeon had to stop a quarter way through the procedure because I was bleeding so much.

When do wisdom teeth generally erupt anyway?

In inconvenient moments of your life.

>never had braces
>teeth are pretty much perfectly aligned
Protip: The second a baby tooth feels loose PULL IT OUT

No.

Not really.
It's just that the pain is very constant which can be really annoying.

Yeah, I was planning to remove them but I hate going to the dentist, it's almost a phobia at this point

Yes but sometimes they hurt

I still do but it's messing up my gums, sometimes they bleed and if I don't brush I get bad breath for the rest of the day

>humans lived with them for millions of years
>suddenly a problem
A lot of it depends on what lifestyle you live and medication you take.

Protip: go listen to the advice of an actual doctor instead of this retard.

I had all four of my wisdom teeth pulled during a single visit and was ~60lbs heavier than I am now. Weight has nothing to do with it as long as you're not diabeetus levels of fatass.

>I'm afraid I might start saying racist and sexual shit
You will, especially if the surgeon has young qts as his assistants. Had to keep a clear mind the whole time I was breathing the nitrous not to say inane shit to them.

I had all but one out by 18. My last one came in horizontally impacted like your pic a couple years ago.

No but I might need to because of lack of room. Had one of my teeth pulled recently for that reason. Also had one cavity. Actually wasn't bad at all. Basically no pain. As long as you get a good dentist, is isn't bad.
t. Smelly autist

I'm part of the 2% or so of humanity that does not have them at all.
I'll never have to go through the bullshit of having them removed.

What's the problem with them anyway? I always hear that you have to take out your wisdom teeth yet I still have no idea as to why.

If they are impacted, shouldn't you fix the structural anatomy of your teeth/jaw somehow, instead of just removing them?

Apparently I won't have them.

t. Unwise brainlet

Attached: 1507196871428.png (645x729, 59K)

There isn't a problem with them. Modern diets tend to be very hard on teeth and bones. Hard on the body in general.

Yeah, they've grown pretty normally. They've all broken out of my gums and didn't hurt when coming out. I'm not getting surgery to remove them for no reason, fuck that.

Nope. They were growing in sideways and would have fucked my teeth even more than they already were.

My dentist once showed me an xray and claimed all 4 of my wisdom teeth were growing sideways and were gonna impact within 3-6 months and I should get them removed ASAP.
I ignored that bitch and they all came out normal and healthy, aside from the teething.

They also claim you should brush your teeth 3 times a day to wear down that precious enamel and make them more vulnerable to cavities.
Dentists are a fucking scam.

Did your family evolve?

>humans lived with them for millions of years
>suddenly a problem
They're"suddenly" a problem because they're supposed to replace the molars that had rotted out of prehistoric man's mouth due to no oral hygiene.

Dentists use technology.

What's Jow Forums's opinion on dental implants? Necessary or waste of money?

Attached: images.jpg (295x171, 10K)

Rot in the teeth of early man generally didn't happen. The teeth instead wore very fast because they were used as tools and food wasn't processed or minimally processed.

Our diets have changed a lot over those millions of years. As a result, our jaws have gotten smaller. We used to be able to fit all teeth in our mouths quite comfortably, but after humans stopped being gather/hunters and focused on agriculture, our jaws decreased in size and thus not everyone can fit all their teeth in like our ancestors used to. It wouldn't be a problem except in many cases they get impacted because of improper eruption and can threaten your other teeth, hence why doctors agree they need to be removed.

I had all 4 of mine out in June 2017. Thankfully I could afford an oral surgeon which meant minimal problems and general anesthetic (put to sleep).

If they're impacting, you should get them out ASAP. Can cause a really bad infection, and in worse cases, permanent nerve damage. You should always get an oral surgeon to remove them too if you can afford it, especially if it's a technical operation like a fully horizontal wisdom; I had one and it needs to be sawed in half rather than simply yanked out.

if your wisdom tooth start getting hurts
then it will be time to remove it

why are burgers pumped full of drugs for a tiny dental operation? it's not heart surgery, ffs

I don't know what's up with it. Apparently it can be hereditary. I also still have one of my baby teeth left since there's no permanent tooth coming to replace it. It's weird. I devolving lol

On my left side, it probably needs to be removed sooner or later.

>As a result, our jaws have gotten smaller.
I read this a long time ago. But after trying to find some evidence it seemed like a lot of garbage. Like I said here . Modern diets just ruin teeth,

did you know that americans are so grossed out and opposed to having a doctor burrow around in their anus that they get general anesthetic for routine colonoscopies?

I doubt that theory.

My theory: prehistoric man did a lot more pulling with his teeth because he has no cutlery.
Pulling the teeth more forward and thus making more room at the back of the mouth.

Modern men also have far more overbite than prehistoric men and primitive men.

I never even got mine in the first place

>cost billion dollars
to do one dental job

Dentistry is a scam

>go live alone
>dont brush teeth for a literal year
>go to dentist for regular checkup
>can almost hear the echo on my wisdom teeth cavities
All four gone.

Are you retarded? Have you ever had a filling without an anesthetic?

Don't you have to take anticoagulants for life if you get a metal implant in your body?

>not getting all of your teeth removed and replaced with implants
Poor people were a mistake

I was born without them.

Is it really a result of diet, or just improper structural growth?

Something like 30% of people in the world are born without wisdom teeth.

Yes. This shit is just sitting under gum and collects dirt and shit, rotts, and might be extracted later on.

yes, I always request local anesthetic which numbs the area around teeth being operated, but burgers are pumped full of opioids and are high as fuck for the rest of the day. what is up with that?

Same here. Weird trade off

>general anesthetic (put to sleep).

What a huge faggot you are.

Local anesthetic is perfectly adequate.
I even had one of those horizontal impactions: surgeon broke it into fragments using pliers, then pulled them out one by one, not a problem with local anesthetics.

>the pain is very constant
This

I have fun situation: my parents don't have it, and I do. What are odds that they aren't mine parents?

Huh, Americans are such faggots. I've had my butt fingered a dozen times, lots of girls are in it, I suppose an exam shouldn't be too bad.

Probably a combination of both. If the jaws are indeed smaller and wisdom teeth are the last ones to erupt, that makes it already that much harder, but having a shit modern diet on top of all of it makes it much worse.

I'm 31 and still have mine. I don't trust what dentists say. He said they would become even more impacted but they haven't and that was 10 years ago. The jokes about me being a gagger aren't appreciated either

Just for reference, do you also happen to have a comparatively darker complexion than them?

And you remind everyone more of your mother than your father?

quick guys, should I put windows 10 instead of 7 on my new pc?

in the US, men over 50 regularly refuse prostate cancer screenings because the doctor has to stick a finger in their ass and that's hella gay

>All these arrogant Europoors scoffing at the use of general anesthesia over local
I don't want to sit in a chair with a surgeon inside my mouth for an hour and a half. Might as well be knocked out.

>getting anally diddied by an overpaid sexual predator
>get cancer
I'll take the caner, thanks.

>darker complexion than them?
Whiter, lol.
>And you remind everyone more of your mother than your father?
I look like dad.

Why do you think modern diets are shit for teeth? There's still plenty of meat consumption which tends to be the most difficult to chew. I seriously doubt old hunter societies had access to more meat than modern man.

Can't they at least go to a female proctologist? Isn't that better then?

I love it when girls finger me. I highly recommend it.

Insecurity, but it is gay.

Medical students told me they always practiced the procedure on gay men.
It's a thing in the gay community to volunteer for that job.

>get temporarily transfered to american branch
>colonoscopy due in that period
>my doctor and insurance mail merican associated offices for routine colonoscopy
>merican doctor asks me if I want anesthesia, tone implying the only correct answer is "yes" and he's just asking because he has to.
>Ask him why would I want anesthesia
>He looks at me with the "oh youre gay, alright" kind of smug face
>still puts topic anesthesic for fundamentally no reason
American healthcare is a weird thing. Why do you pay so much for outpatient-tier inane checkouts?
Americans getting a 25,000 dollaroos bill for a broken leg and not even questioning it. Thats fucking magical.

Attached: implying nyx is useless.jpg (500x504, 35K)

>it's another person that doesn't know there's a difference between genotype and phenotype
Epigenetics are a thing

yeah I have all my wisdom teeth, never got them removed. the lower right tooth is giving me trouble and I should probably get it looked at. I think the tooth itself is OK, but there's just no room for it, and that's what's causing the trouble.

When it's a difficult operation like a horizontal wisdom impaction, the surgeon will have a much easier time with a fully sedated patient.

t. brainlet.
Morons like you always assume that because you had one operation without hitches means it's perfectly ok for 100% of cases.

There are numerous cases of wisdom teeth operations that have resulted in permanent nerve damage. For difficult operations, being fully sedated is highly recommended for minimizing the chances of that occurring.

Sugar and sugar alternatives are in everything. Also way more fluoride. Tons of inflammation agents.

>Is it really as bad as people say?

Not 4 me one fucked my lower gum, got removed no issues, no pain or anything just bleeding,

just request a fuck ton of pain killers and all is good

Mine erupted without problems so I decided to keep em, they got infected once but it was no big deal

Attached: 5d3ad74a-6f7a-488b-8459-edded2d565cb.jpg (612x612, 56K)

I have 3 still, I got one removed because it was cutting into my gum and annoying me.

I could see how that would cause damage directly to the teeth, but how would it affect the underlying structure?

>I was born without them.
Literally no one is born with wisdom teeth

What is with all these random non-tech threads recently? Sleeping posture, now wisdom teeth. What's next?

You mean their health insurance gets to pay $25k.
Americans only pay the co-pay amount which is never over a few hundred dollars.

I will agree, our medical system is beyond fucked.

If they havent surfaced, no.
If they did, partially, know that you haveba bacterial pocket under it that is slowly eating your jaw, Im not fucking kidding.
Go to your dentist and ask for an xray in any case, they will tell you the best course of action

yes, mine grew in fine. though I do have a tooth that has a massive cavity in it and am too poor to get it taken care of.

Because it's in your blood? A lot of that shit doesn't get filtered by your liver well.