How does it feel knowing that self-taught programmers will never be taken seriously by anyone?

How does it feel knowing that self-taught programmers will never be taken seriously by anyone?

Even if someone plowed through a CS degree and did the bare minimum and can't find odd numbers programatically, they still far better job prospects and apprenticeship opportunities (internships).
Someone who didn't play the college game will spend their entire working career going above and beyond to prove that they're not retarded and will initially work literal slave wages to get precious scraps of industry experience.

Attached: astolfo smug.jpg (333x293, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Vd0PRINdfk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I made a fake academic transcript.
Well not fake per se, because the bros at the university shat out the certificate themselves so it's all genuine.

Where's your dick now, astolfo?

OP is trying to justify to themselves why they wasted years of their life in a camp for retard who can't self educate. Move along.

I'm self taught and have an extremely comfy job

What's your experience like?

It's irrelevant where your knowledge originates, the purpose of your intent to.obtain it is what can be judged by an employer.

The tech industry is full of incompetent and unmotivated people who believe their aspergers is autism, and these people become hiring managers. You can just do what I did and make up a bunch of fake certificates and lie about being from another state out east (or west or wherever). They never check or question anything because they think it makes them look smart to know what you're talking about.
>Ah, I see you have a certificate for advanced SQL query conjoinment.
>So you do have experience with full stack synergy patterns, that's great.
>STL dependency mitigation is something we could use more of here.
Techies are some of the most unlearned and yet arrogant people around. I thoroughly regret my career choices that led me here because now I'm stuck working with socially retarded know-nothings like you everyday. I wish I had learned welding instead.

Attached: (You).jpg (601x363, 77K)

>GET THE LOAN GOY

Feels good because now no one will suspect me, and I don’t have to make shitty programmer wages.

Funny that's exactly what I realized a while back.
I'll always prioritize self-taught people who have experience or something to show instead of college grads, if I ever find myself in hiring position one day.

Can you get the degree without going into debt? Go for it.

I'm salf taught and made over six figures on my first job because I'm not a retarded ESL like OP.

>salf taught
I'm self taught, but I'm not with him

Ur sad user

Agreed

>college robs you of the opportunity to get experience

What is research?

>What is research?
In computer science, it's nothing but masturbation.

I have no degree, I earn $120k, and I'm not in California or NY

So you're in Washington or Texas, okay thanks for your input

I am a self-taught programmer with a degree in mathematics. It hasn't been a problem.

>dat STEM
You know you're not who he's talking about. Shit I got a BS in fucking civics and have all sorts of doors open to me by out-of-touch companies who think ANY degree is a requirement, with the actual programming competence being easy to spoof based on how many brainlets I've encountered.

>t. OP assblasted because someone self-taught took his jerb
youtube.com/watch?v=0Vd0PRINdfk

People with degrees make twice that.

>hire guy with degree
>he turns out to be an incompetent degenerate
>"how could I have known this? he had a degree!"
or
>hire guy without degree
>he turns out to be an incompetent degenerate
>both of you get fired