Angular or React

So, which one do you prefer and why?

Attached: 1538740514809.jpg (800x480, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

elixirforum.com/t/what-is-phoenix-liveview/16438
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

vue

angular because that's the one I know

React is the most /comfy/ to write, imo. If I were writing larger-scale enterprise code that I know would be dispersed across more than 2 or 3 teams I'd go with Angular since it's a bit more rigid in it's standards. If I wanted to get the most upvotes on reddit, I'd use Vue.

React, but I like Mithril the most.

vue, everything elsse is overengineered garbage

React. It's the most patrician.

Vue is nice but it's too minimalist -- and Angular is really just for boomers making the transition to nu-javascript.

fpbp

HTML

Pure Javascript.

my niggas
keeping shit simple is always the best option

only angular for realworld stuf

POC stuff maybe React

Vue for laughing at zoomers being poor

>web dev pajeets

Anyone have experience with React Native (i.e. making android/ios apps using React)?

This so much
Can we be best friends forever?

LiveView
elixirforum.com/t/what-is-phoenix-liveview/16438

That's my day job (for at least right now), what do you need to know?

It's basically react, except instead of your standard HTML tags, you get special tags from the react-native package.

Also there's a bit of extra set-up in the beginning, but it's kinda minimal when considering an entire project.

Fpbp

I started my shit in .NET WPF with MVVM so Angular feels like a really slender, sexy version of the shitshow i was dealing with before.

I'm playing around with Ionic at the moment too. It's pretty comfy.

Unironically Vue.

Get off Facebook and Google's cock. React is over-complicated crap. Angular is worse and does not work. Just piles of shit. If someone says that they love React or Angular then they have never built a scalable solution before for enterprise that wasn't a piece of shit.

Aren’t people finally shying away from these types of libraries?

in favor of what?

fpbp

No? Server side templating is shit for most use cases.

>solution
There's that word that lets me know I can disregard your opinion

not an argument, sweetie. try again.

>Angular is worse and does not work.
"Hi, yes, is this IT? Great, I have a problem—my computer doesn't go, can you make it do?"

even Google that made Angular doesn't like Angular

Neither. Webdev was a mistake.

GWT

Mithril is the right answer.

based

Nice try pajeet. I know you tards can't build software more than one JS file at a time.

>Angular or React
ScriptBasic

I use Angular 2+ at my day job and it is absolute shit. It really is the definition of "a solution in search of a problem" and just barely gives you the tools you need to clean up the mess it makes. There's a false barrier of entry because it is easy to start Angular and really hard to unfuck all the mistakes you make trying to make a basic fucking CRUD app.

React is alright if you want to be a functional programming snob but right away it ramps up the pain for forms or complicated props passing graphs, both of which are common enough. So you have to pull in Redux or whatever flavor-of-the-month state manager and before long you're learning 5 things to do one thing.

I haven't used Vue enough but the impression that it is the comfy framework of choice for AngularJS fans confuses me because ES6 makes so much of this shit irrelevant.

Even if you're fucked by browser compatibility you can still write custom events and use data-attributes. I seriously have no idea what the fuck people are doing with frameworks at this point other than hoping they will serve as a substitute for actual JS knowledge.

At work we use angularjs, Vue and a React Native app.

What I specifically don't like about Vue:

- Event emitters for children to reach parents like Angular. In React, passing functions as properties is a thing which makes it great for self documenting code through propTypes or typescript/flow prop type definitions.
- mixins create implicit dependencies that are hard to track down, and object-based even though vue is component based (components are unit of abstraction)
- Community isn't anywhere near as large as Angular or React right now - lack of solid libraries
- Good luck doing typings with vuex

this

Avoid all like the plague. 99% of websites could easily just be html.