Comfy, the distro

>Comfy, the distro

Attached: fedora29-816x345.jpg (816x345, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/open-power
github.com/fedoradesign/backgrounds/tree/master/default/standard
youtu.be/VJr7O3hBk5A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The only distro you don't hear much about here.
So, yes, most likely the comfiest distro

Ditched Fedora for Kubuntu.

Why does it feel so right?

>unironically using IBM software
umm, no thanks sweaty

IBM created Unix, bucko

Fedora 29 is the most comfy release so far.

Because KDE sucks on Fedora.

I already installed it.

Attached: screenshot_20181028_163204.png (1031x295, 241K)

>Comfy
You mean compromised?

Wtf is that

I see nothing in that post to make fun of.

>Free QA, the distro

>Gnome, the horror

That's not linux mint cinnamon

I miss the old comfy as fuck Gnome.

Attached: screenshot-1.png (1024x768, 378K)

It's shit. It's such a fucking hassle to deal with anything media-related.

I'm scared about the IBM acquisition because there's no alternative for an up to date and stable system that's easy to set up.

Fedora unironically just works
No bizarre Canonical decisions, no pacman throwing bricks through your display drivers, no cobweb-filled apt repositories.
Why isn't every distro this comfy Jow Forums?

No they didn't.

This
Only low IQ shitskins use this garbage. You're practically doing free work for Red Hat like retard dumbfucks you are.

>bucko
Bell Labs did.

The gaylord distro, linus tech tips is using it

Christine Flood is great, look up some of her talks on optimizing the JVM for the Fortress (RIP) language. She's one of the few software engineers who understands both computers and reality.

i miss the bluecurve theme with the paratype fonts. you can still get pt {sans,serif,mono} from google fonts and bluecurve themes for mate. it's not quite the same but it beats using menta or adwaita.

does anybody know the name of the icon set used in classic redhat? i would very much appreciate it.

can i run gnome on a 12 year old laptop?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-30_19-02-41.png (1280x800, 183K)

Too bad she looks like a slug and doesn't practice her optimizing techniques on herself.

Installed the KDE spin on a VM today, and it was fucking trash!
But Gnome looks pretty good.

Too bad Hitler didn't practice his optimizing techniques on your grandparents, kike.

If you didn't build it yourself it's not comfy.
I'm talk talking about some LFS autism either.
Find a nice base, and build your custom setup on it.
For me I have dwm configured to my every whim. Every keystroke I press and every pixel I see on the screen is in my dominion. I didn't "memorize" anything, I created them.
THAT is comfy.

Attached: 1540895590542.jpg (1024x712, 196K)

Why should i use Fedora over Ubango?

Attached: 1216548789466.png (112x112, 8K)

>In this moment I am euphoric
dafug?

Better GNOME experience

It took me some time to find all the right themes and stuff, but the KDE spin can be made extremely comfy.

Attached: Screenshot_20181030_205417.png (1920x1080, 1.37M)

Thoughts about the IBM purchase?

None, since Fedora 28 predates the IBM purchase.

I'll take IBM software over Intel Management Engine and AMD Secure Processor crap any day.

Attached: lowend config.jpg (831x570, 50K)

You know IBM was one of the largest contributors to The Kernel before the aquisition right?

Ooh, even better! That means they understand and value Linux and open source! I won't have to worry about them killing the goose that lays the golden eggs.

>Linus uses Fedora
>Only low IQ shitskins use this garbage.

They probably won't mess with RHEL/Fedora. They made the purchase for OpenShift and Coreos.

IBM has very publicly stated that they bought RedHat for their cloud software and services. IBMs own offerings have been a huge failure. Amazon and Microsoft are the bigger players and IBM wants back in.

There is a danger that IBM could eventually decide that all those desktop things RH is spending resources on are a huge waste of money. How it plays out will somewhat depend on how profitable IBM/RH is in the future.

>They made the purchase for OpenShift and Coreos.
Exactly. So what would motivate them to keep employees working on desktop software?

Attached: ibm-and-the-holocaust.jpg (1028x1600, 311K)

Thanks for the input

>Exactly. So what would motivate them to keep employees working on desktop software?
Well the price they paid for Red Hat is based on all of its lines of business continuing to grow. Those areas of business will probably continue to operate the way they do, because otherwise IBM will start bleeding money out the ass when those channels stop bringing in the revenue they used to.

Yikes. Bad bait alert.

Go with xfce or i3 or awesome or (window manager here)

but on what hardware bucko

Favorite distro for daily use, and the lxqt install is great. Bot net has never felt better

I use Fedora as a daily driver but it's far from perfect. I'm always having to add dodgy copr repos for software which isn't in the official package repository (where it would be on Ubuntu for example). DNF is slow as fuck and doesn't remove unnecessary shit.

>all these people FEARING fucking IBM

Guys, this isn't the big blue bad you're looking for. IBM actually was on the side of UNIX and good software! Look at OS/2 Warp, the thing that Bill Gates fucking copied to make Windows, an inferior version.

IBM is worse now than it was back then. They're getting desperate to make money, been running at a loss for years. The only thing that has even gotten them into the news in recent years was IBM Watson which was complete shit anyway.

I understand not using Ubuntu, but there's nothing wrong with Xubuntu. It has the support and compatibility of mainstream Ubuntu without Amazon or Gnome.

Because RMS and ESR are the pictures of health?

yes, xfce or i3 (gnome)

BASED

Post neofetch, please?

Comfy.

Attached: file.png (295x267, 116K)

i used to use it. it is not comfy. at all.

VFX packages are certified for centos, so fedora is a good choice for desktop 3d proprietary stuff. The lack of codecs, wifi drivers, and closed source repos is annoying. Arch is a similar alternative but I got tired of the constant little missing things and switched for conveniencr0. Fedora has the worst tech support and guides online, but I havent had the constant problems mint and arch gavs me.

A PDP 7. That's not IBM but DEC.

Been using Fedora for quite some time. Yeah, it just works, feels non-autistic, doesn't treat you like an idiot, supported by beaucoup bux, compatible with kewl shit like gpu passthrough.

Attached: fedoraloonix.jpg (803x1024, 125K)

Best thing IBM has done so far: OpenPOWER
All the source code for everything on-chip; from initialization to DRAM training to thermal management, it's all on github:
github.com/open-power

It's not as good as OpenSPARC, but it's the next best thing for now

Probably not 3; try Mate instead, it's a fork of GNOME 2

Not mine, but a previous user's

Attached: chromium p9.jpg (3116x1452, 471K)

So are all old companies just the same? Glad to know DuPont created the lighter.

whos got that link on that wallpaper.

github.com/fedoradesign/backgrounds/tree/master/default/standard

Honeywell 6000, GE650 mainframes, PDP-7.
Nothing from IBM.

Redhat5-9 is where I cut my teeth on linux. (CorelLinux was the first I ever used though)
Early Fedora was a mess, Debian not being a mess was a thing and then Warty, free CDs, humanist approach, post-apartheid seuth afreakan headed company - seem perfect.
Haven't ever looked back. I don't miss RPM.
Apt might have flaws, but for the most part it just werks.
I also don't miss anaconda - but I don't think that even exists in redhat world anymore does it?

is XFCE still bugged? I read that there were some rather critical bugs and they weren't able to fix them for release.

No it was the British East India company that created the lighter.

NSA BOTNET created by the most raging pajeet blue haired trannies
Hell, even Win 10 is better than this unsafe and bloated distro

Attached: things_no_one_asked_for_1846840671802013421_1480968512.jpg (1080x1350, 94K)

>Chrome
>45gb of RAM
Seems about right

>IBM
holy shit

Holy shit so did MIPS Technologies develop Ocarina of Time because Nintendo used their processors?

just use xfce, It's the same as 10 years ago.

I can't see anything because some fat bitch is in the way

youtu.be/VJr7O3hBk5A

wtf did you find the money for one of those

I'm still waiting for blackbird

Fedora is bloat

do you have any facts to back this claim up?

Sadly this

NSA BOTNET

Attached: 1521448991607.gif (639x720, 439K)

what are you installing from COPR

Does anyone on this board do anything cool with their tech or is this just a place for Losers from other boards to congregate and talk about their weebOS

does using an OS for the general purpose of getting shit done, count as cool? what about anime themed desktop ricing?

woa

Kek

first thing I noticed before installing it,
she looks off putting
pretty bold for a company to show deformed, trisomy21 people on the landing page

But can gnome run on a 12 year old boy?

What sacks? I've been useng Plasma on Fedora for years with no issue.

>software which isn't in the official package
like what?

Attached: 1413402554865.jpg (200x200, 16K)

I like Fedora a lot, it was my first distro, but what's this 'just werks' meme?
Fedora has cutting edge packages (not quite bleeding but still), leads the way in implementing new software into their default installs (Fedora ships with Wayland, uses BTRFS but default) and ships new releases once every six months. I think this makes Fedora a distro that strikes a great balance between being up to date enough for a desktop user while also not turning into a hobby distro like Arch/Gentoo/Void, but it certaintly doesn't 'just werk'. Debian 'just werks', Fedora is a more adventurous Debian, and that comes with corrosponding risks.

Neither Torvalds looks healthy.
Healthiest dev, who has large influence, is Poetterriinng
And I hate him.

>implying the most brilliant autists in software are capable of not looking like fat slobs

nigga how new are you

Despite what people say here, Fedora is a good distro.

>JVM
>performance
Possibly one of the hardest jobs ever

>Botnet, the distro.

M'distro

meme or is there any research behind, beyond systemd hate? seriously interested

Attached: 3042172875_c4ba9bb5c5_b.jpg (1024x640, 356K)