Does anyone have experience working for a defense place, like Lockheed Martin or Northrop Grumman...

Does anyone have experience working for a defense place, like Lockheed Martin or Northrop Grumman? Is it as relaxed as everyone keeps saying? I'm ~1 month into my first job out of school and fucking hate it. I'm working 8AM - 6:30PM daily and still taking my laptop home to do work, as is everyone. Gonna milk this for as much experience as I can and then try to switch to LM as they're in the same city.

Attached: FeelsAmazingMan.png (300x300, 91K)

I'm on my second week of working for a cyber security place as a devops, its super relaxed, flexible hours, i can go in at any time i want, i just owe them 8 hours a day.

My job is not at a software place and we have a tiny team (8ish people, couple remote/on call) and it sucks cock. Treated as second class citizens and basically get paid a shitload of money to do nothing all day. Sounds dope if you're a NEET or a student but it sucks your soul dry real quick.

It is, but you won't want to stay there very long.

There's a lot more defense contract shops than big names like those two or Booz. It was my impression that the big companies are not as relaxed but there's a big YMMV across companies and even across teams internally. And relaxed compared to what? In SV they give you catered lunches and bean bag chairs.

Relaxed as in don't be working 10 hour days and don't be expected to finish large issues in those 10 hours.

Why?

It's a cold job. You punch in, your boss might stop by to see progress or tell you your next assignment. You might go to a meeting. You do your job. You will feel like a robot.

I'd rather be a timecard robot than an overworked mule. I want to do my 8 hours and go home and see my wife, play some vidya, maybe read a book.

welcome aboard Worker 31562

gf works at a similar place
she works 9/80 (9 hours a day but every other friday off) and says the work is easy but gets boring fast

Being an engineer at SUSE, and previously working in Linux-exclusive place, I switched to a military company.
These are unbearable, backwards, slow, inefficient, mismanaged, and generally suck.
I quit after three months, despite it being my best paying position so far. Also Windows everywhere.

Why so many hours if the work is easy?

It's the same number of hours. I work 8 hours a day for 10 days; she works 9 hours a day for 9 days.

Have a mutual friend who works for Lockheed and it seems pretty chill. Ive also seen them from the military side and at least in comparison it seemed chill when I was working in one of thier buildings for a little bit.

did networking work at lockheed martin in denver was a fucking security up your ass nightmare. Will never work there again

I can't tell if this is just bad lore but I thought that government software contractors were hard capped at 40 hours a week so that companies can't bid for contracts based on how hard they whip their slaves?

Comfy at where I used to work. Everyone was great to work with, could bullshit and talk about what you want, work at home, lots of time off, job security, but you just have to program what they have for the exit criteria. Doesn't really matter how you do it as long as it does what the customer wants, which means lots of inefficient stuff that you're not allowed to work on again unless there are bugs for it

The real question is will your SF86 go through?

As someone who works with engineers at defense contractors, they are fucking morons and just paper push all day. Hell, one of our clients' engineers told us they're P.E.s, Paperwork Engineers.

Bryan is that you? Its ES if it lol hope you have an easy time with the job transition anyways user