How the fuck do people read ebooks?

How the fuck do people read ebooks?

Attached: 1507681196333[1].jpg (1440x1251, 157K)

Using an electronic device

sunlight and eyeballs

with their eyes

Is it an attention span problem? Try earplugs or construction earmuffs... really helps you get into the flow.

Also are you just reading to study or is it a personal pursuit? If it's the latter then you're just not interested in the material perhaps?

Turn the brightness down real low and enjoy free books from the comfort of your home. Comfy AF.

e-reader, or AMOLED with a dark theme.

I've read probably 35,000+ pages worth of ebooks in the past 2-3 years. You get used to it.

>ocr to extract text
>text-to-speech to read it for me

do you guys use laptops or phones?

he literally told you in the post

how can i turn pdf and epub files darker? MS word is trash

>OCR to extract text
shitty pdfs full of photographs of pages are NOT ebooks

Text-to-speech, it's perfect for non-fiction.

Calibre

Why the fuck would you not audiobook?

i use an ebook reader or a polarized dark theme on my phone, even when I cant do it very long.

I don't see it

How the fuck is an audiobook not a text to speech edition of a book?

Because there is no audio for most books I wanna read and I'm too much of a poorfag to afford even the available ones and they are often nowhere to be found for free.

>e-reader
Probably means a kindle, but yeah pretty vague

>e-reader
that would be any device with an e-ink screen pretty much.

>amoled
that would be any device with an AMOLED screen, so phones or tablets.

It's like you aren't even reading what is being written.

That's a good reason. U do know u can borrow audiobooks for free with overdrive, right?

Epaper tablet device with no backlight master race

>being so gay that you evade questions that expose you as the little faggot that you are

Please don't tell me you're the guy who wants to argue text to speech versus audio book.

I'm the guy that wants to argue text to speech versus audio book and I already won the fight.

I'll check it out tomorrow, but I'm skeptical about it. I find text-to-speech pretty convenient desu. The slightly robotic voice is kinda aesthetic.

I personally use lithium epub reader on my phone.
Very nice dark mode, I think the premium version just gets you custom themes and more highlighting colors or something, no ads in the free version.

Not a fight retard, enjoy compiling your audio books from source, no one cares.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (300x198, 17K)

Zathura with inverted colors
There's nothing more comfy than reading with hjkl

I use my smartphone. I read enough to justify buying a dedicated device, but I don't know if it'd be comfortable. I have poor eyesight, and the enhanced contrast that a smartphone screen provides helps me read. I get awful headaches when I strain my eyes. I also struggle to find physical comfort when reading. I tend to end up with back/neck ache. Can anyone who owns an eBook reader recount their experience? Are they comfortable to hold, or do you use a reading stand? I hear some of them aren't self-lighting, which is a problem for me, as I often read at night, and in poor lighting. General e-reader recommendations would be appreciated.

>the virgin j tapping versus the chad gg smash

why would you want to go to the start of the book?
Also J scrolls down a whole page

>Try earplugs or construction earmuffs
tinnitus is a bitch.

Alright niggers listen up, actual lifehacks inbound
This is almost exclusively my reason for staying with windows as a Grad student

>acquiring the books
Library Genesis hosts millions of books, especially scholastic material, for free
libgen.io

Amazon obviously sells ebooks too, which you could download then request a refund of
You can strip azw3 files with tools here: apprenticealf.wordpress.com/
To do this you need to have an older version of the windows "kindle" program, 1.17 or prior
www.ereader-palace.com/old-version-kindle-pcmac-1-17-download/

>managing your library
Calibre is FOSS, organized, and even helps syncing with your devices: calibre-ebook.com
The de-drm tool has a calibre plugin where you just drag the amazon file into calibre and it converts for you

>Listening to ebooks
Balabolka is the best TTS program on any platform, and its free. Speed and pitch control, support for different voices, and it can all be done with keyboard shortcuts. You can export the audio file too for work or a road trip.
I just play the more mundane assigned texts while doing other things and it's so much easier to get through
cross-plus-a.com/balabolka.htm

This is pretty much it, I find it impossible to concentrate while reading ebooks compared to normal books that I can get completely absorbed in.