What does Jow Forums think about openSUSE?

What does Jow Forums think about openSUSE?

Attached: 1280px-OpenSUSE_Logo.svg.png (1280x800, 65K)

That one openSUSE guy that makes the linux sucks presentations is kind of cool even if he's really reddit.

Also-ran RPM-based distro that has literally no reason to use over CentOS

Lunduke is a cuck.
But OpenSuse is pretty good. I'm a KDE guy, and the do that particular DE way better than Fedora.

>Has literally no reason to use over CentOS.
Has newer software than CentOS. You can't even build KDE 5 on CentOS because the version of cmake is too out dated.
CentOS is king of the server rack, but not really for the desktop.

>Would recommend as the go to distro for gui capable server.

Attached: opensuse.png (547x435, 95K)

Who does this represent?

More as a server then for desktop use?

It's got thumbnails in the file picker by default which puts it above 99% of the other distros for desktop use.

>More as a server then for desktop use?
OpenSuse is for desktop use. Suse Enterprise is for servers. It's the same as Fedora and RedHat.

Ask those cray friggin Germans they made the logo

I meant the guy or whatever its meant to be, not the mascot

ur mom lol xD

XDDDDD

Is she the new queen of Jow Forums?

It's Jay Leno

Attached: jay_leno.jpg (260x410, 17K)

bullshit
>CentOS is for desktops and RHEL is for servers
would be a compare statement.

OpenSUSE LTS is a great multi purpose server distro. Compared to other server dittos it really excels in GUI
LEAP is great for desktops.

Good, I use it for a year now.
Had only minor issues, unlike with Ubuntu, Debian, where I had install drivers every fucking kernel update.

Are you on Toumbleweed or Leap?

Its pretty good, just avoid tumbleweed like AIDS
I know its rolling release but that was the most broken distro I've ever used

>Toumbleweed
This. Failed only once, when Packman repo fucked up with broadcom driver.
Everything else literally worked out of the box.

Is that Jay Leno with tits?

Why would you even make this

Works on my machine.

absolutely. i am running CentOS 7 with GNOME on my lappy and its absolutely miserable. OpenSUSE with KDE is much better but i can't be assed to migrate right now.

it's Stan

Attached: american dad.jpg (1280x720, 60K)

General opinion on Leap vs Tumbleweed?

Leap is closer to debian stable in terms of updates, really good for servers but tumbleweed is the king of desktops.

It has a steep learning which i personally think is unnecessary. Also, it comes with 390 Nvidia drivers which also sucks. Doesn't come with any 32bit software, no proprietary codecs, and you have to make additional account for some weird repo plus their repos are not that big. Zypper is kinda slow. Kde version is bloated AF even if you slim it down during installation. ISO is too fucking big, i still don't understand why don't they split gnome and kde in 2 ISOs. Also, OpenPEPE was bought for 2.5 bil. € recently. Now, OpenPEPE has something that no other distro, to my knowledge has. Automated package testing, that's actually a big deal. IMO, it's a really nice distro for developers, wouldn't recommend it to people new to Linux. There, some thoughts on it and observations.

zero reason to invest any energy into this distro, Suse's business model has been to steal certain things from RedHat and give better customer service, now they've been bought they'll kill off Suse as a distro and go full-cloud

This is not a out Suse, but about OpenSuse. Learn to read.

>he thinks OpenSuse will survive the corporate transition

they will be defunded as soon as the company switches hands

It will. Go ask R. Brown.