Server Room Nightmares

So Jow Forums, you've been in the industry long enough to know what a nice , clean, secured server room looks like, right? So you also must know how that's a fantasy.

Post images or stories of the worst, most nightmarish server rooms you've ever been in.

Bonus points for a before and after.

Image: Factory's server rack in the storage room. No cooling, and the door doesn't even have a lock.

Attached: 20181030_194809.jpg (4032x3024, 3.2M)

>want a server rack
>no money
>cry

why even live

is that some kind of exercise equipment or what is that?

Its one of those back pain relievers. You strap in and it flips you upside down

He doesn't know

Attached: SmartSelect_20181030-200544_GIF to Video.gif (271x320, 1.52M)

YAY NEET CHAIR

>two switches an AP and a modem

Post actual server rooms please.

Attached: 1524354915303.jpg (800x600, 149K)

Wow, a rape dungeon

Never understood this. The guy can afford $300 figurines(each) yet lives in a shitty basement

What always got me was the fosilised coat hanger.

these kind of jobs dosnt exist in my country what left for a shitty data scientist here kms already

networking class at college

Attached: fHgIED1[1].jpg (2419x3226, 926K)

ilm

Attached: CNBnzD2[1].jpg (3024x4032, 1009K)

Spent two days in this shit hole. Didn't know people could cable manage on the floor

Attached: 1540951688171528.jpg (1518x2024, 2.36M)

And another shit closet I get stuck in

Attached: 1540952018020311.jpg (1518x2024, 2.14M)

doesn;t look that bad to be honest, that's a lot of phones to manage

They're remarkable. Backs been fucked up bad since a bitch smashed into my car. Inversion tables make all the pain go away. It's fucking incredible. Light up a joint and get flipped for a while lmao yes please

This is in a highly respected known hospital in Canada, I'm not impressed by any means

Unless you work in a data center or tech-related facility, expect the server 'rooms' to be like that.

It looks like they tried to booby trap the room with those bulbs or some home alone shit

Living in a shitty basement could be how he affords $300 figurines.

The only one holding you back is yourself

Attached: Img_0049[1].jpg (3648x2736, 1.6M)

Never pickup a job in the catering industry, I legit could barely get into a room because one of their 2 post racks fell over in front of the door. It had been like that for weeks apparently. didn't even attach it to the floor, just let gravity and the cables do the job of keeping it up.

Not one zip tie or velcro-strap could be seen. Nope'd the fuck outa there.

Yeah, most non-tech related industry's servers are lucky if they're even in a dedicated room.

Midway (theres a 'before' pic, but its not on my phone)
After coming.

I planned and ran all that fucking cat6.

Attached: 20171109_183056.jpg (4032x3024, 3.45M)

His desk is made of cardboard?

After.

Attached: 20171216_032229.jpg (4032x3024, 3.49M)

Would consider medical facilities to be highly tech related, some places just care more then others. Or I need to drop the high expectations

The bottom of the rack is obscured, thats where the actual server is.

you tards don't even know pain until you've had to replace a switch in this

Attached: IMG_20181030_234008.jpg (720x1280, 274K)

Newer switches than the dozens I support. Feels good to be at a failing Fortune 500 company.

Dude... don't fucking use that contraption to waterboard people in your server room. At least not without putting down a tarp or something.

Water + Electric = Bad!!!

Attached: 1500118447740.jpg (575x767, 127K)

how long until the company that makes that is bankrupted by lawsuits after it crushes someone alive

They're like £80 on ebay.
I made a dual xeon build out of one.

That's good. Nice job dude

You see, this is why I don't want to be a network engineer

How many man hours did you spent on that cleanup?

This is why I WANT to be a network engineer. Imagine taking that disgusting piece of shit and fixing it into something like this

Attached: Cable-bundle-3-compressor.jpg (1728x2592, 503K)

Good luck. Most shitty racks stay shitty because end-users never want the downtime.

This is just gay shit. I don't like when it's overdone.

Well they can fuck off.

Had to replace 1u once in a shit like this.
Three man job.

Is that an IKEA table?

inversion table

> hired as outside IT consultant
> mid sized mortgage lender in dc area
> handle millions of dollars a month
> fired their old IT guy
> asked to fix network and printers
> on the walk through before signing papers i walk into this
> where-is-the-server.jpg
> oh we don't have one, everything runs on the receptionists PC
> can you do it for $50/hr?
> fucking hell

So apparently what was happening is the owner guys were skimming all the profits off the loans and the IT department was essential always outside contractors. they were not PCI compliant to say the least. did some digging and they had all the major ports open on the "firewall" which was just that comcast business gateway. the rececptionists "server" was running windows 7 home and had all the customers information in unencrypted excel spreadsheets on a windows share.

i honestly couldn't believe it.

i reported them and they got shutdown like a week later

Attached: where-is-the-server.jpg (2656x1494, 921K)

Thanks, doc.

great job man, I need to same thing on weekend

should have demanded a raise to get it in line, and threatened with reporting them if they didn't

It's a LackRack, only second to raspberry/optiplex stacks in poverty server technology.

Attached: 24dde9dfa24af91c25ae5cad3daf81516abeb318.jpg (600x847, 288K)

I always wondered how customer info leaks happen, thanks for the inside perspective.

holy fuck man. saved

Attached: yallniggasneedopsec3.png (1438x444, 135K)

Shittiest location I've come across...

Attached: shitty_rack.jpg (751x1334, 62K)

>not saving 150$ on rent so you can spend it on more figurines

it's awful
just me and it took like 6 hours because there's several fiber connections, and all I was told was "red = fiber, no downtime be careful"

good job user

Attached: not-bad.jpg (1500x1500, 197K)

/thread
Teeter hang ups are a gift from God

Previous IT guy tripped on this crap and broke his foot apparently. He almost pulled the whole rack with him.

Attached: sERV_01.png (2464x1061, 2.91M)

Do it user! I took the plunge. You can occassionally find them free on CL. I got mine from a coworker of a friend (free - just had a pick it up).

Attached: datrack.png (450x1082, 901K)