Turns out gaming monitors are not a meme

I overclocked my monitor and everything is so much smoother now

Attached: 1511195841235.png (343x333, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0J32w-vkcfQ?t=313
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dont do that that makes mustard gas

How do you overclock a monitor?

Just put two 60hz monitors side by side
Now you have 120hz

the human eye can't see more then 24 fps and therefore any more than 24 hz is a meme

gaming monitors are a meme

You push more/less frames than it's spec defines

I know it's bait but after I bought my 144hz I just couldn't go back to 60hz.
Playing gaymes between 60 to 120 is great. 120 to 144 is just bonus.

this

some old pre-2008 monitors can be overclock but colors will be shit nigger

Gaming memes are fucking awful. I bought a 1440p 144Hz ultrawide and I can't use anything that's under 1440p, 144Hz or not 21:9, it fucking spoils you rotten, be careful when you buy such things.

in your graphics settings, custom resolution option

google 'toasty x custom resolution utility'

it adds resolutions to your monitor that it doesnt support (including refresh rates)

u can do similar things in the nvidia control panel but its dogshit compared to cru

Many monitors can to an extent. They don't have to be VGA. It's just pushing the refresh rate out of spec of the monitor. Sometimes you can have great results, sometimes they shit themselves right away.

Don't forget FreeSync.

It's not about resolution, only refresh rate. Using a higher resolution than you have pixels is awful for normal use. Plus for games there is supersampling/downsampling that Nvidia and AMD support out of the box, no need for 3rd party utilities.

fucking this

THREAD WARNING
if you have 60hz monitor and youre happy with it just fucking stay there.

DO NOT DO THIS TO ANY RECENT MONITOR

I ADDED 8K 480HZ AS A JOKE BUT WHEN I SELECTED IT MY GPU STARTED SMOKING AND MY MONITOR STARTED SIZZLING

SERIOUSLY DO NOT OC YOUR MONITOR

y'all felled for memes with the Jow ForumsHz race

youtu.be/0J32w-vkcfQ?t=313

Yeah I got freesync. 1080p144 for 220€.
Happy.

hey retard

a 'resolution' is a spec that includes refresh rate when referring to a video output

if you look at 'all modes' on your advanced display adapter window, you will see that there is a separate !!resolution!! for each refresh rate

if you are adding 1080p@75hz to your 1080p@60hz monitor, you are adding a new resolution

and if you read what i said instead of hopping on the word 'resolution' to shoot me down and show that you know quirky tech things, you'd see that's exactly what i meant. faggot

Nope. It's obvious you're a winbaby. Resolution and refresh rate are separate, so is clock sync, etc, etc. They are only grouped up for your convenience, aka "supported resolutions" list.

resolution in terms of pixels and resolution in terms of display output are two different things

seriously cant tell if troll

but you don't, in CRU you only select a refresh rate, you don't touch resolutions at all the OC

>Supported Resolutions

Holy shit, user. You typed it out and you still don't know what you're talking about. Yikes.

False. You cannot just leave everything blank and only fill out the refresh rate box.

Not even that guy and I know what he's talking about.

please download CRU and try
you only change mix/max

I am looking at it right now, user. Try removing everything from every box except the refresh rate boxes and adding just the refresh rates as a resolution.

You guys have seriously no idea what modes, resolutions and refresh rates are.

1080/60 and 1080/120 are different resolutions

One is L I T E R A L L Y double the pixels per second.

I increased my refreshrate by just putting 75 instead of the original 60 in CRU and afterwards selected it under the display adapter settings.

Attached: 0.jpg (189x217, 33K)

underrated

>Gee, my monitor supports 1080p@60hz over HDMI 1.4. Because 1080p@60hz and 1080p@120hz are the same resolution, I don't need a different cable! They're the same!

lmao

Of course. Nobody claimed otherwise. Just that you have no idea how they are interacting. What you're talking about are just modes, they are made for your convenience, otherwise resolution and refresh rate get set separately, that's why you can have non-standard resolutions you make up on the spot for example.
It would be so much easier to explain in VGA standard and CRT mechanics terms, but people these days have probably even less of an idea about that.

Why are you telling me that? You mean We were never talking about throughput.

yes but it's under the custom resolution option

>Modes

Yeah, totally what they're called.

Attached: 1356979468457.png (320x164, 7K)

Yup. But user claimed that they are locked together (resolution and refresh rate), which is false, you could have many different resolutions with different refresh rates, custom or not as long as you have enough thru but like kindly explained here. user instead claimed that they are a "all modes" list that will only work. You don't even have to edit resolutions like showed.
Overclocking your monitor is specifically going out of spec. There are no modes you have to follow.

See >if you look at 'all modes' on your advanced display adapter window, you will see that there is a separate !!resolution!! for each refresh rate
Just trying to explain where he is misunderstanding the concept with his own words.

so what ur saying is that when it comes to the actual physical screen, resolution means the number of pixels. but when u talk about what setting ur monitor runs at, resolution means pixels + refresh rate?

Basically, yeah.

Well hope it helped, I recommend reading up on these things online to not embarrass yourself again. I'm off faggots.

Did you find the "Display Resolution" wiki page and decide to get ou

This is actually good, I never thought about brightness in that way. Now I want to play with PWM modulation.

i always wonder if 120hz can make me a better gamer in r6s.

Can I go completely out of specs as in go well beyond what the manufacturer let the monitor to overclock (60hz monitor as 144hz one). I want to see the image even if it distorts beyond recognition, don't want to say "out of specs.". Probably would need to resolder a couple of things and add a better electronics for processing data, DACs. whatever etc.

This, how bad of an issue is it? I still want to be able to watch my anime.

>i can oc my monitor, gaming monitors are a meme
>what is frameskipping.jpg

nvidia let you do custom refresh rates, mine crap out at 120hz

I have 144hz but I can go back to playing console games at 60fps.

It's 30fps games that kill me now.

>tfw Going to from 30 FPS to 120+ FPS

>tfw my benq tops out at 66Hz after that it artifucks.

>dvd player
is this guy serious?

could it be the cable? get a better shielded one?

>tfw my benq ships at 240Hz
feelssmoothman

Are there monitors with high refresh rate and higher then 1080p resolution?

You have to make it so they're out of sync by one frame and then cross your eyes so they form one image.

Resolution is a function of refresh rates, both vertical and horizontal.
It's a holdover from CRT tech.

I was about to say that.
t. two-eyed poster

my ebay 1440p monitor overclocked to 110hz