How can case be improved?

or have we reached the end of the road?

Attached: 1535930922706.jpg (778x434, 145K)

Other urls found in this thread:

monoprice.com/product?p_id=3997
thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002974
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

For me, it's the Meshify C.

meshify is a useless case for useless retards. Literally OP pic but downgraded with shit sound dampening and no improvement to airflow at all

>meshify c
>the same case but worse
literally retarded

complaining about computer noise is only for faggots who put their ear up to the vents

I have a shitty case fan with fucked bearings, a 10 year old cpu heatsink that sounds like a jet engine, a 10,000 rpm hard drive and 2 500gb 7200rpm hard drives. No noise ever bothered me,

more USB type C cases

Make it half the height at minimum, remove the window

Instead of a vertical motherboard

A HORIZONTAL motherboard

>remove the window
There is a windowless option that you can pay extra more already.
>make it half the height at minimum
>would only be able to fit mITX barely
wat

>caring about "sound dampening"
faggot retard detected

Meshify C is better in every way except the dumb design on the front.

built-in air conditioner

why are you like this?

Attached: compare.png (677x525, 107K)

>A HORIZONTAL motherboard
so back to the 90s?

Tinnitus?

>No noise ever bothered me,
RIP grandpa

The non-tg version goes on sale constantly for $109 friend

fuck, I meant the tg version.

Attached: geeek a50 60$ taobao case.jpg (800x800, 157K)

The what

if you want to advertise shit buy an ad

Attached: 1536232496550.jpg (640x480, 21K)

We certainly reached the end, but not with rectal design.

Better front air intake.

Why not stick the horizontal part in a server rack?

every one was asking for cheap alternatives from china for ghost s1 last month. that's what what I linked is. ITX is superior you can get itx with as good VRM as midrange atx motherboards now (ie not the 400$ ones)

Attached: Ghost S1 DXj.jpg (991x899, 334K)

I've been working on something. The idea is perfect airflow, smallest size possible while maintaining airflow, currently implementing in an mATX case. The grills aren't modelled, but it supports 3x 120mm fans on the front, 1 in the back, and CPU coolers up to 17cm tall.

Attached: out.png (1024x1024, 554K)

>better in every way
name one way it's better

it's the same case but louder. Fuck that noise.

Is your picture mirrored? The motherboard and PCI slots should be the reverse of what's depicted.

What do you think about the Define S?

Make a fucking case for 200mm fans

I am building one from the ground up.

Attached: M2.jpg (690x1550, 149K)

I have the Design Define Mini. It's perfect if not a little larger than I'd like. But then again I like having optical media so this is as small as I can reasonably go

It is, actually. I had to downscale the render to fit inside the four megabyte limit and it came out flipped.

200mm fans are expensive and don't have much static pressure. They are also ill suited for pushing air through a very tight space. The case I've designed has sealed side panels, so the only way to escape is out the gaps in the I/O shield, the gap above the PCI-E brackets, and the 120mm fan above the I/O. This pushes more air through hot components faster than if the air were allowed to escape before reaching the hot components, as in an open-air case or most cases nowadays.

Looks sick.
I don't really like watercooling but that does look incredibly compact and efficient.

>psu facing upward
Are you going to drill a hole wherever you place it? Also,
>single 240 crossflow radiator for GPU and CPU
What CPU and GPU will you use? It looks like you'll barely break even on stock if you go for a beefy GPU. Otherwise very nice.

how can air coolers be improved?

Attached: 1_s2.0_S0017931015307365_gr8.jpg (744x669, 135K)

>muh noise
>MUH NOISE
monoprice.com/product?p_id=3997

The PSU is facing normally, it's just laid on its side, that's why there is so much empty space in front of the reservoir/pump, for the cable excess. I cbf to model cables too, it just obstructs view from the important components. And this is a hell of a lot more cooling capability than any mITX case can handle. Worst case scenario I remove the GPU block, leave it on air, and the CPU will have a dual radiator custom loop.

>psu is just on its side
kek. I'm retarded. I thought the Be Quiet logo were the connectors to the cables
>a hell of a lot more cooling capability than any mITX can handle
In the worse case you'll be running your fans at max rpm the moment you see any load. If you could even tack on a single 120 radiator more, then you would generally break even for most CPU/GPU choices.

That would add additional height and depth and I am already about 20% over the initial volume of the case. At first it only had a single radiator for the CPU and the GPU was stock.

Yeah, I figure it would given how close the outlet/inlet for the GPU waterblock is to the top fans. I hope you have fans with high static pressure for that radiator. Either way it's a very nice compact build.

Thanks! I haven't bought the full loop yet, I already have the pump/reservoir, but I'm leaving the fans for last, because I will choose from the future selection whenever the case is fully complete. I don't want to buy a fan today only to see one released months later that's far superior.

looks like a speaker box

someone get china to make a coral heatsink now

usb cable has short length limits

usb 2 has a length limit of about 15 meters, which is plenty
the usb 3 is shorter but your usb 3 devices are typically storage which can be plugged in at the computer's area rather than the human's area

wouldn't it be hard as fug to mass produce those

not with self assembling nanostructures

It actually has airflow?

Guys, i have a question, what case i should use for 4x gtx 1080ti`s zotac mini editions? I already have a gigabyte x399 designare x3 motherboard and the problem is i can`t put last graphics card in the last pci-e slot because it would block all front panel connections. The only option now for me is to have a pci-e riser, but all cases, have vertical video card mounting too close to horizontal mounts, and so it blocks video cards power connectors.

Do they still make BTX mobos?

Literally the best case ever
>dont @ me kike
thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002974

Attached: 1534442639616.png (600x580, 354K)

>4x gtx 1080ti`s zotac mini
Why the hell would you ever do that? Open cooler cards need to be spaced apart if you're running multiple in system, otherwise they'll choke eachother's air intakes, and you'll never find an 11-12 slot case. Only use blower cards if they aren't spaced out.

@68294953
>thermalfake
Note even once.

What did i just say kike

The problem is in our country the only cards that are left is Palit jetstream super which are too thick and zotac gtx 1080 ti mini. BTW what is required for our build is to not have custom cooling options.

Well it's just going to be fucked then

Real metal on the front panel instead of fake looking paint.

Metal 3D print is the only way here.

I'll be getting this when they correct the front panel colour. Solid side panel because I don't like extra lights.

Fractal already knows they got mixed reception for the black panel on a 'white' case, I'm sure there'll be a whiteout version soon enough.

Attached: DR6.jpg (1000x1000, 390K)

I have a feeling SJW's would unironically lynch them for that.

i personally think this is the better case but they discontinued it.

Attached: ARC MIDI R2.jpg (425x425, 14K)

Funny because I recently moved from an Arc Midi R2 to a Define R6. Oddly enough temperatures did not really change between them (but then again I only have a 4790 and a 1070ti), but I did see an improvement in the sound coming from the case. The noise volume did not change (custom fan curves on lower speed), but the tone is a lot smoother, as now I don't have air noise from rushing through the front grille.
The Arc will not go unused though, because of the good amount of drive bays I am repurposing it into a (still deciding on the OS's) Proxmox homeserver.
Oh and btw, whoever thought a non-removable psu shroud was a good idea deserves to be shot, made the building a lot harder than I thought it would.

I always forget to close the door when measuring my samples in those.

how close are you to your desktop lol i can barely hear my fans

>looking to get a new case
>find one i like
>no 5.25 drive bays

>I cannot wrap around my head that other people might live in different conditions than me and have a quieter environment
Arm's length

which one did you like?

>green texting to sound smart and wasting dubs
my pc is also arm's length and you can barely hear it

Looks like a perfect place for spiders.

Move the PSU up top.

>I don't believe it. How can someone else have a completely different hearing perception than me?

ah yes, the famed cuckbox

looks pretty nice

An aluminum version with a more curved look and remove logo.

its exciting times in 1week we will know if it was a elaborate 1mil $ scam or not!

Yeah, because that's reasonable right now.

If only there was something like the Define Mini with one 5.25" drive bay instead of two and slightly more recent. Fuck it, I'll buy one anyway.

Attached: 836b7097-02a1-4472-be90-4b919aa19912.jpg (1000x1000, 213K)

if you aren't using 5.25 inch bays or water cooling setups, there's no excuse for not having a psu mount near there or to the right of the rear I/O panel and making the case shorter or more spacious. it also reduces the lengths of cable runs.

I have heard of literally one case that does this with full sized ATX/Matx boards and it's like 300 bucks and kind of a shitshow. I bought a an oldschool case that does this on amazon from the 90's and it's getting to my house this week, I'll be shoving a top-tier build in it and the only downside is that I'll have to remove the extant 5.25 inch bays (maybe) and make a couple more small holes along the bottom and front of the case for increased fan airflow.

current ATX form factor case diversity has hit a huge brick wall and I'm honestly not remotely impressed with most offerings. We get it, you want to create a monolithic monochrome case in a standard atx layout or a rgb cancerfest in a standard atx layout. Diversify. Any serious pc build is looking for something unique and current manufacturers are not delivering it.

Don't buy ANYTHING from geeek

it's all fully acrylic trash, I can almost guarantee that's not a real case you're looking at but instead a render. also the part compatibility is trash. Also my 500w flex psu came broken out of the box, the atx cable had 3 pins fall out in fucking shipping. they are cheap for a reason: Literally no quality control. listen to the people on sffforum if you want to get a sff case, they know their shit and the geeek cases are not good cases.

t.a40 "owner"

They can improve by making an XL version of this thing. Would buy that in a heartbeat.

I bought this thing for my next build

Attached: A00V_1316868107147714239f2Q7Ix4aY.jpg (800x600, 38K)

It will be water cooled

Attached: 11-112-582-V28.jpg (800x600, 26K)

And it will not be rainbow puke

Attached: 11-112-582-V29.jpg (800x600, 30K)

Unironically this. I want a desktop Define S2.

show me one single direct comparison that proves the meshify c improves temps over the define mini c or design define mini

you literally cannot

You mean basedbox. ATX is a completely unnecessary standard nowadays for 99% people

Modular case is the real answer.

Attached: Mastercase MC500P.png (1000x794, 212K)

>buying pre-built cases

Attached: 192496.jpg (720x1080, 175K)