New iPad Pro has been announced. Wanna talk about it? Looks based

New iPad Pro has been announced. Wanna talk about it? Looks based

Attached: 2747C65F-0620-4050-86B8-42ACFA45408B.jpg (720x426, 37K)

What’s the price drop on the older model. Is it worth getting the new one? I was thinking about it but might just get another graphics tablet.

The new one costs $300 more so I doubt the price drop will be significant

Well they're finally bringing full Photoshop to it. Not sure if you'll need the newest one to run it smooth but probably a good idea just in case.

>no more 120hz refresh rate

The old 10.5 iPad Pro starts at $649 now.
"Full engine" Photoshop doesn't arrive until next year.
You're a goddamn idiot. The new ones still have that.

I'm watching Craigslist for any good deals on current gen pros. I don't think next gen has anything worth shelling out the extra 500+ bones for, does it? Procreate is already doing work, probably don't need Photoshop.

Not to mention that Photoshop has that subscription now while Procreate is still a small one time fee. If you don't need PS then I don't see anything wrong with sticking with this gen.

>double tap on the pencil
Lol what? That's supposed to be a software feature, how is it related to the model of the ipad?

Ah, ok then. So they reeeeally don't want any buttons on it?

I'm still on the first gen 9.7 (so it has only 2gb ram) and even I'm still on the fence about upgrading. Looks like it's definitely an upgrade at this point but my iPad still works perfectly fine and I don't use PS for much.

As said above it's a feature on the new pen. It basically has a touch sensor in lieu of a physical hot key. Not sure if it'll be adjustable on the user side but definitely on the program side. I guess it also helps considering it never had an eraser button so it might be their answer to that.

You're based user

Anybody have a 2018 iPad 6th gen?

I've been thinking about buying it to sketch on the go. but i just need to know is it smooth to draw on, is there lag? i don't give a fuck about the laminated screen, camera, speakers or whatever as i solely want to use it to sketch and draw.

Attached: 61CReEofwPL._SL1000_.jpg (1000x1000, 78K)

I'm really bummed that the apple pencils arent backwards compatible. So even if I wanted to use my iPad pro for 5+ years my apple pencil battery will probably shit out by then and I'll have to buy a whole new iPad because apple will only sell the new apple pencil by then.

It’s a reskinned 9.7 2016 pro. Look up any reviews/video demos on that and it’ll be 90% relevant if you can’t find any for the 2018. Just as you said no laminated screen or extra speakers.
But to directly answer your question yes it works great and has no lag.
Yeah it’s because they charge wirelessly now. On the upside if you got AppleCare warranty I believe it covers the battery as it claims to cover the pen also. Otherwise it’d probably be fairly cheap to get fixed or get a replacement original pen by then?

>It’s a reskinned 9.7 2016 pro
If by reskinned you mean it supports the first generation pencil. If you meant anything else, then no you're definitely fucking wrong.
The pencil doesn't even feel as nice thanks to the non-variable slower refresh rate of the screen, amongst other reasons.

Apple products are just a meme.

i agree but ipads + apple pens are actually the best thing on the market when it comes to portable drawing tablets

I'm about the biggest apple hater but Ipads are some of the best digital drawing hw.

Does the pencil have a hover cursor yet?

You have to essentially destroy the pen to get to the battery unfortunately. I understand why its not backwards compatible. Just bummed they couldn't have made a standalone wireless charging pen holder or something.

When do older iPad models go on sale? Or will they at all now that there's a new range?

On Procreate it has a cursor, I don't know which other apps have it.

can I get away with the lowest gb model if I just upload everything to the cloud? I mean, the price increments on the extra drive space is fucking crazy

I have the current gen with 64 gb and that's pretty much what I do. I use it first and foremost for drawing so I don't have too many apps, games, movies, or anything of that sort and I have no problems storage wise. If it had an sd card slot that would be great but apple is gonna do apple things.

I'm going to buy one when apple definitely announces cursor support and ports xcode for iOS 13 at next WWDC

still no nvidia cards in macs?

fucking gay shit apple has become

Thought I was going mad for a sec because I saw this thread on /ic/. I guess the mods moved it

>rounded corners in a tablet

For what fucking reason

I want one of these so fucking much.

There was no reason to remove the headphone jack. I would’ve bought it but I need to charge and use an aux cable at the same time and yet another dongle is really starting to annoy me.

thats amazing
it looks just like any other tablet
and does just the same thing as tablets made 3 years ago
simply astounding
cant wait to pay a thousand for something that does exactly what the old one does

Do "creatives" actually a use it?

t.uncreative

no notch no buy

My wife uses hers to draw with Procreate, actually makes money with her drawings so it’s worth it. I use mine for electronic music, there are some phenomenal music production apps these days, but that’s just a hobby.
I don’t know anyone else that has one.

i want one for plein airs

Microsoft ink unironically shits all over drawing on iPads and it's palm rejection is way ahead of apple's

Apple’s is fine. I’ve not had a single palm rejection issue using the pencil.

what

I thought the tablet meme was dead?

Are you going to use it as a laptop replacement?

does it still have this "feature"?

Attached: 1525823097055.jpg (1280x800, 169K)

Serious question. What the fuck is the point of a tablet? I have a 4 year old iPad pro that I never use ever. Seems like the world went bat shit crazy for tablets 8 years ago and then realized that they have no use if you have a solid phone and a decent pc.

No 6gb on lower storage models so fuck it.

Ebook reader. You could send it to me if you find it useless desu. I want to get this for opening ebook at class.

No, but if you want headphones you need a dongle

They attach magnetically while charging wirelessly.

Sadly the camera of this newer iPad Pro is inferior compared to its 2017 counterpart. No OIS and only 5 element lens instead of the 6 element lens from 2017 but otherwise, it's a very solid tablet.

Attached: apple-ipad-pro-2018-1.jpg (770x577, 85K)

Personally the tablet usage and workflow just isn't for me, If I had to get a tablet it would probably be a surface. But if you need to just focus on one thing maybe the iPad is better I guess.

An e reader and web surfing device. Anyone who tells you otherwise is full of shit. Apple won’t even let you make stand alone folders to save on unless it’s in the cloud.

I have an iPad Pro and love it. But for reading text with the liquid text app mostly

Attached: 523CA908-021E-475C-BDC8-B5A1C982F1D2.jpg (2048x1365, 530K)

They made it so thin that the battery life is seriously going to suffer. Apple's form over function strikes again.

The new keyboard is nearly £200, which is shocking, worse than Microsoft.

Hopefully Logitech undercut that hard

the camera now peaks out of the backside btw like in iphones
absolute autism

>camera bump
>Your new thousand dollar device which is too big to comfortably use holding now does not sit flat on any surface.
FOR
WHAT
REASON

microsoft ink is trash and you clearly have no idea about digital drawing, because it's obvious you're trying to push your muh applel is shit agenda, that everyone knows of and most don't give a shit about, you faggot

Now looks like the Galaxy Tab S4

I use it for Procreate, works better than anything I've tried before, including Wacoms.

But I'm not a professional so there are probably limitations to it that I haven't hit.

Are you that use this /ic/ fags (never been to the board) that just what to draw shit on the go? Do any of you draw solely on this thing instead of a desktop/laptop anymore?
Any /p/hags use it for messing around with photos?

It's a great tablet for sure but I am skeptical about the laptop replacement bit, and just a great tablet isn't worth more than 500 bucks for me while this motherfucker goes up to 1k with the (great) pen.

Can only speak for myself, but I don't use any desktop applications because I hate the disconnect between looking at the screen and drawing somewhere else.

What do you use it for drawing? Is this tablet pretty much for all sorts?

I use mine 10.5" iPad Pro almost exclusively for web browsing and pdf reading.

Anything I want to draw really. The brushes are varied and accurate enough that I can draw whatever.
So that's pencil drawings, ink, painting, doodling randomly and also image manipulation every once in a while.
You can work with multiple layers and large canvases in Procreate, and there are other apps available for more specific shit.

Don't take my comments as is though, I'm not any good at drawing/painting. It's just a hobby for me.
You can just google procreate or videos on drawing on the ipad pro, or finished sketches etc, you can do a lot with it.

I know you say you don't care about the laminated screen, but it gets very annoying after a while.
I would definitely try one out in the store because, seriously, it's probably going to annoy you more than you think

What's wrong with the laminated screen? Or is it a lack of one that should be a bother?

It's not laminated and there's an air gap, so it sounds hollow.
In my experience it felt like it was made of plastic (even though it isn't) and just gave me a cheap feeling. I'd just try one out in store and see how you feel about it.

What are you talking about? Yes the 2018 has a lower refresh rate and everything compared to the second gen pro because it's a reskinned 2016 9.7, the first gen of the iPad pros. They both have 60hz, 2gb ram, etc. Very comparable, it's essentially the old iPad in a newer shell with less speakers or the pro screen.

As far as I can tell there's still no hover because they are not using that magnet tech Wacom is.

I use one with 32 and it's more than enough. Been using it for 2 years and share it with someone who keeps downloading an assload of images and it's only at half full, including all the other apps and occasional games that's on it.

Xcode on iPad would be great. I've been playing that view Swift game and it sucks that I'd need to buy a Mac to actually start programming.

Don't really see why it was moved considering the thread was art related.

I use it for small commissions (with Procreate yes) and it'd be possible to use it as a cintiq if I had a Mac.

Kek no. Most artists stay away from t surface series because of the subpart pen and price. The one situation where Apple is cheaper.

The pros literally always had a bump what is this meme

I'm from /ic/ and basically yes. I was using a very old intuos 3 that is getting annoying to use. Cintiqs are 2k and are the hot item as an artist. So I saw spending 700 on an iPad and pen as a cheap way to get the cintiq experience at half off. Plus if it were shit it's still a tablet. I actually prefer the intuos disconnect but the ability to draw digitally away from a computer is amazing.
They're bringing full Photoshop next year so yeah photo editors should be good.

I tried the 2018 at the store a few times and didn't actually notice anything but maybe if you actually spend more than a few minutes on it?

The biggest issue with the gap is that it produces parallax. So the cursor might appear a few pixels away from the pen instead of directly under it. But I said previously that I didn't notice it but ymmv

>The pros literally always had a bump what is this meme
no the first one

My first pro has a small circle slightly protruding from the back though? And googling pics of the 2017 shows the same thing.

well mine doesnt

Attached: ipadpro-camera.jpg (900x606, 96K)

Strange

Attached: 19941-21084-ipad-pro-rose-gold-l.jpg (660x410, 58K)

are you a zoomer? the first gen pro came out in 2015

How would that make me a zoomer kek. Yeah I said my first one has it (2016?) which I just posted. And I said googling also showed it on the 2017s but I guess they weren't showing the right ones.

who,s that jizz jezebel?

Huh no mention it uses USB-C. I don't like apple but that's the one thing I'll give them a point for over the previous models.

Attached: 1532214419532.jpg (900x475, 33K)

There is no competition when it comes to the tablets, face it buddy

>Apple prices in Hueland
HUEHUEHUEHUEUHEHUEUHEHUEHUHEUHEU

Attached: DELICIA.png (1010x923, 463K)

you want the pro if plan on using the pencil. The pro has a 120hz refresh rate.

Attached: 1538746275863.jpg (1088x897, 481K)

>Still runs iOS, not MacOS or an equivalent
I just want a iPad that can compete with the surface in usability, not "hurr durr we made the new iPad even thinner and slightly more powerful while also adding a camera bump so you can't draw on a flat surface without a case"
Its also annoying since apple shills the shitty type cover too like they want to go after the surface, but doesn't do anything else the surface does.

Attached: 1538921070119.png (692x687, 238K)

It really is a powerful device trapped on a mobile iOS. Seriously if they put a light weight version of macOS on it,and add 6gb it be a no brainer. As it is, you are dependent on “pro apps” which you can count with the fingers on one hand.

If they did that, then who would buy their new MacBook air?

Not that it would stop me but she definitely has a little boil on her thigh

just one of the many reasons im still using a 4 year old samshit tab.
there's a noticeable lag if I do large fast strokes, but fuck it, felt really free using that device, waiting for this instead.
iOS is a fucking cancerous piece of shit.