>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose and graphics pairing
>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo

CPU
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - If you have a $2000+ budget and don't care that it'll be superseded by 7nm CPUs next year
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Wait for R7 3700X - Surely the best overall and not a massive disappointment like the 9900k
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti, but awful value.
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>NVMe are not for gaming; See "More"

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models.
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous
More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: 1528699089049.png (1920x1200, 1.94M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/cwMxkd
youtube.com/watch?v=z75wDmwfIJY
gsaglobal.org/2018/10/30/191302/
overclock3d.net/reviews/software/shadow_of_the_tomb_raider_pc_performance_review/10
pcpartpicker.com/list/8WJDfH
pcpartpicker.com/list/8WJDfH/by_merchant/
pcpartpicker.com/user/CoalH/saved/Tzkhqs
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/gshGdX
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Should I hold off on a new gpu till the 590 is out?

I'd just get an RX580 on sale. Prices have been so cheap.
Unless you don't mind spending a bit more to have a GPU which you won't require an upgrade with for longer, that is.

I plan on getting Navi next year, or whatever new arch is next, so the 590 isn't really attractive to me.

>no target resolution
>no main purpose of the rig
>no rough budget
>no currency
how the fuck is anyone supposed to give you a good answer?

Just bought my pc, most money I've spent in 8 years. Is the display port cable that comes with the monitor fine or do I need some other cable for 1440p 144hz gsync?

pcpartpicker.com/list/cwMxkd
Should I get a 2600x or stick with the 2600?
The GPU will be second hand to save some money. I doubt I'll be overclocking so I will likely get a cheaper cooler, suggestions welcome.
Mainly for gaming and hobby-jobs, would like it to last my 3 years minimum.

>Should I get a 2600x or stick with the 2600?
Depends if you want better value, or to not have to bother with overclocking.

That cooler is way too much money. It costs half what your damn CPU does.
There's also no reason for you to not go mATX there.

yeah and I have no issue with the RAM, because it's not made by AMD it's performing as it should.

yeah, well I wonder how I can find out, short of taking another CPU and putting it into my system.

Get Fraps and use be benchmark mode with frametimes, then use frafs to view the benchmark(or an excel)

Attached: measuring frametime.jpg (734x369, 79K)

Here is some cpu temps with the CM 212X with 5 case fans and premium thermal paste on a stock 2600. Make your own conclusions.

Attached: compare.jpg (3196x970, 702K)

Guys, i have a question, what case i should use for 4x gtx 1080ti`s zotac mini editions? I already have a gigabyte x399 designare x3 motherboard and the problem is i can`t put last graphics card in the last pci-e slot because it would block all front panel connections. The only option now for me is to have a pci-e riser, but all cases, have vertical video card mounting too close to horizontal mounts, and so it blocks video cards power connectors.

>Ryzen 5 2600
>gaming
I dunno user. I have much better motherboard, RAM and robably better PSU and cooling than you do, and these are my results.
You probably want 8400 or at at the very least 2600x.

Attached: 2600 a shit.jpg (3840x2992, 1.67M)

Looks like you don't have stable RAM clocks to me. Looks like you're getting memory seek misses.

Why didn't you buy a server rack for that?

>Looks like you don't have stable RAM clocks to me. Looks like you're getting memory seek misses.
Except you can see a completely STOCK setup, one where ram is 2133, then an XP profile at 3200 14-14-14-14 and lastly my custom RAM tightened timings, which have passed 3 hour memtest86, 4 passes , 13 test each with ZERO memory errors.
How could it possibly be the RAM?

redpill me on 1070ti vs 1080 when price difference is 100 euro

hope you're getting paid for this

So i know this isnt exactly the right thread, but i see no better alternative.
What are some good second hand laptops that would be semi decent for some casual gaming, think fortmeme at 1080p low settings 30+fps.
I dont know anything about mobile GPUs and i dont want to buy new as i dont use a laptop enough to spend that much, so really not sure what i should be looking for. Is their a laptop equivalent of like a GTX 750ti? like is a gtx 960m good enough, or a 970m? then if thats what i need, what laptop models have these and might slip through the cracks going cheap?
Also relevant, will be buying in australia and would hopefully spend no more than $400 (the decent laptops you can get second hand for $150-200 lead me to believe i could surely get something with a couple years old dedicated GPU for about $400)
Appreciate any help thank you.

Oh nooo, objective data, asking other people to objectively look at their system with accurate data
oh nooo
so terrible, how can we shill like this when there is all this objective data getting in the way

You see there is a problem, pc build has strict rules, and these rules are no custom watercooling solutions, and no custom case`s, that includes server racks.

Guess I'll go with the 2600x, and I'm going midi atx for further upgrades as this is a build I'm doing simply to replace my old prebuilt

You're right, I missed that.
Is this a game like metro LL where those outlier frametimes are just something that happens with any hardware, though?

I was thinking about upgrading my gtx 970 to rtx 2070, are the new rtx 2070 cards worth it? Feels like my 970 cant handle some games after I upgraded my monitor to 1440p from 1080p

Show your HWinfo.

it's not objective if there's no way to verify what you're doing with your pc
considering that you spent more on your ram, motherboard, psu and cooling than your cpu it's safe to assume that you might fucking retarded and have no idea what you're actually doing

youtube.com/watch?v=z75wDmwfIJY
>stop kvetching just buy it
>actually spend $1400 on a GPU
>it dies within a month
>stock PCB design and/or GDDR6 at fault
The absolute state Nvidia in 2018.

gsaglobal.org/2018/10/30/191302/

MOMMY

Attached: 1515132948373.gif (276x232, 1.31M)

Not worth, get a 1070 or 1080 then

You should be a good goy and spend those shakels you for the economy

>Is this a game like metro LL where those outlier frametimes are just something that happens with any hardware, though?
Testing lot of games right now and asking other people do to do the same to find out.

Yes, what specific part do you wish to see?

Everything.

this is an okay deal right? I live in Finland so the hardware prices are pretty high here, keep that in mind. Like I said, I'm currently using gtx 970 and after upgrading my monitor I feel like the games aren't performing as well as I'd like, so this seems like an upgrade that should last 2-4 years.

Attached: gtx1080 ti.png (1049x326, 143K)

>it's not objective if there's no way to verify what you're doing with your pc
True, but it's a little more objective than a shill dropping into the thread and saying 'this is amazing, buy now, best performance, smooth, buy now"

But yeah you are correct, both my frame data and any youtuber or any techsite could have been messed with to skew the results if they really wanted to.

>considering that you spent more on your ram, motherboard, psu and cooling than your cpu it's safe to assume that you might fucking retarded and have no idea what you're actually doing

>cheap out on all other components
>you fool your ryzen CPU doesn't run well because you cheaped out on other components, ryzen is perfect you know, if only you had other components that werent shit you see that
>have quality components and a ryzen cpu
>you fucking retard, your other components are good you obviously don't leave us room to blame the other compoments, do you even know what you are doing
Am I supposed to take this defensive shill logic seriously?

everything is a lot of shit, my man, please provide a pic, or be more specific and I will provide you with the info.

>1070 or 1080 for 1440p
Maybe if you're planning on upgrading in the next 12-18 months again or you're fine with turning down some settings to get 60+ fps but if you're looking for a card that can do 1440p/max settings/60+ i don't think you have any other choice but a 1080Ti, 2080 or 2080Ti. The 2070 or anything below just doesn't make sense at the moment and 750+ is an okay entry point for high resolution gaming.

The 970 is still a pretty good card, I'd more likely suggest using a 1080p monitor instead of buying a gpu
The 1060 6gb is best price/performance wise, if you can buy a used 1080 but only with warranty and receipt
Or ideally wait for black friday and cyber monday for discounts

It might be Wangblows, your GPU, drivers or PSU. Try year old drivers and so on. Then try a different win installation.

I forgot to add the "ti" my bad

What are the implications of this, also specifically for AMD?

It's a clean install, with all the updates and drivers installed. PSU is seasonic gold focus, hardly a bad PSU.

>Try year old drivers and so on
As far as I know the recent 400 series drivers caused decrease of performance so I was using 399.42, but I suppose I can try some year old driver and see if that changes anything.

I got my hands on an old socket 775 PC with a Core2Duo E8400 and an ATI HD 4670 and i want to give it a second life. Since the PSU is powerful enough and the mobo is actually decent, I was thinking of putting a Core2Quad Q9650, populate the dimms to get 8 GB of RAM and upgrade the card to either a 750 Ti or R7 260x, and make it a Linux machine so I don't have to dual-boot. The question is, should I even bother to put 100$ into such an old system, or should i just sell it for a 6 pack or something?

Buy a Vega 56. Better price and performance.

1070ti/1080 is good for the next 5 years for 1440p
Even more if you have goy-sync

>pooga

Attached: 1440.png (500x610, 39K)

oh no I can't play ubisoft's most recent unoptimized turd >:(

Attached: 1440.png (500x690, 42K)

Reminder to shill AMD no matter what so we get better Intel and Nvidia products thanks to competition. Otherwise you're a jewjizz gurgling brainless consumerist.

overclock3d.net/reviews/software/shadow_of_the_tomb_raider_pc_performance_review/10

looks really bad for the 1080 and 1070Ti when it comes to 60+ fps at 1440p in demanding titles and it's only going to get worse. that's why i think that if you're targeting that range of gaming you have to go with flagship cards or, again, be willing to drop some settings from high/ultra to medium. but i think that defeats the purpose of going 1440p.

>screw over your fellow consumers
>just so you can reek in the profit yourself
Hmm doesn't sound jewish at all....

Attached: who could be behind this.png (356x480, 6K)

>complaint about unoptimised shitfest
>posts results of another unoptimised shitfest but leaves out the 2080 and 2080ti results

I have no idea how you came to that conclusion.

Because, going by own criteria(bare minimum of 60+ at max settings, 1440p, in demanding, usually AAA, titles) and i'm having a really hard time finding any recent release(withing the past 12 months) where the 1070Ti or 1080 can actually achieve that. Maybe Doom 4 or Witcher 3 but neither of them are recent and maybe Vampyr. So, again, unless you're willing to go for the flagships(2080, 2080Ti) or planning to upgrade again the next 1-2 years(1080Ti) you can't really go for anything lower.

>AMD is still FX tier bad
Die kike.

Point out where I said that?
In fact if you go and look at my post, you'l see I said something else. How about you learn to read and actually reply to the post instead of taking copypaste responses from a text document your boss gave you.

>falling for the "amd sucks, nvidia/intel is da best" meme
>not doing research beyond googling AAA benchmarks and clicking the first link
yikes

im still waiting for someone to build that car in Cyberpunk 2077 from maybe the body of a Pantera

Attached: 2e62ceab4d49f267391bc9baf4d5335a.jpg (960x640, 67K)

Stop coping that you don't have 1440p

So you're fine with paying i7 prices for i5s, gated hyperthreadind and now needing to pay double for a cooler so your house won't burn down when you OC? Based NPC.

Attached: 1536649658265.jpg (700x682, 40K)

Nice NPC responses.
I like the part where it's not sophisticated enough to understand what the post was about so it just posts premade amd defense lines.

Then tell me what you meant other than AMD being a bad buy.

Hilarious how AMD shills keep shilling how Intel and Nvidia users are """NPCs""" when they themselves are toeing the official AMD NPC shill line.

Attached: 1538987696479.png (1000x1000, 679K)

>NPC

Well, it's much like those computer text chats that attempt to say "hello -youname-" but as soon as you ask them something a bit more complicated or say something more complicated their programing literally doesn't know what you are talking about, so instead it just takes the words it does know and then try to come up with a semi relevant response, rather than a direct response.
In the same manner here, the NPC meme was added to the database and they invoke it when they are unsure of what the actual human conversation is about.

Looking for a second hand PC, mainly for music production (16gb Ram is necessary) and light occasionnal gaming, i'm fine as long as i can play muh dark souls.

i have two options here :
>For € 700/750
case : Fractal Define R5
Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k - 4Ghz (4.4 Turbo Boost)
Cooler CPU: Noctua NH-U14S
GPU: GeForce GTX 970 GAMING 4Go
Ram: Crucial 16Go (2x8)
SSD: Sandisk 512 Go
HDD1: 1To
HDD2: 250Go
Alim : Corsair RM650 (650w)

>For €500/550
- case : zalman z1
- GTX1050Ti
- i7-2600
- 16go ddr3 ram
- 300goSSD
-alim : vs550

opinions ?

Attached: woups.jpg (718x900, 373K)

Keep deflecting and dodging.

Attached: BF24811A115B46F086736212F2250823.jpg (645x729, 42K)

>then keep baiting with memes>
Good bot, but you still have yet to address the original post like a human being.

Or you could just prove me wrong. Should be rather easy since you're so convinced that i am.

How does this build look? I really want to go all out on my next one.

PCPartPicker part list: pcpartpicker.com/list/8WJDfH
Price breakdown by merchant: pcpartpicker.com/list/8WJDfH/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i9-7980XE 2.6GHz 18-Core OEM/Tray Processor ($2074.99 @ B&H)
CPU Cooler: Dynatron - R15 Fanless CPU Cooler ($35.69 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock - X299M EXTREME4 Micro ATX LGA2066 Motherboard ($173.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial - 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($35.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($42.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GAMING OC Video Card
Case: Cougar - MX330 ATX Mid Tower Case ($46.98 @ B&H)
Power Supply: EVGA - 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($37.86 @ Monoprice)
Optical Drive: Lite-On - iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer ($13.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $2462.27
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-31 08:45 EDT-0400

Attached: satan.png (300x300, 6K)

No I got what you were saying, you implied that shilling AMD to people is screwing them over, and you also implied that its profiting us to do so. Therefore, I concluded that you blindly accept that Nvidia and Intel are better, so I responded in kind.

Because no one plays on fucking ultra. Going from ultra to very high is like 10+ fps boost for literally the same graphics.

>IF not praise "AMD"
>THEN person X set to "blind intel/nvidia drone"
I can't even tell if you are an actuall npc, or just so far humped up on AMD coolaid that you think literally only two sides exist Pro-AMD and everybody else.

I love how with each passing generation, AMD shills admit that the last generation was utter trash. They'll even admit that Ryzen 1 was trash despite how hard they shilled it at the time.

>humped up on coolaid
what did he mean by this?

That's just how amd shills work.
Current product:perfect.
Previous product, okay we admit finally that all the criticism is true. This of course happens only after the new product is out.

I remember endless memes about how ryzen 1 is performing bad but "its more smooth"
then a bunch of frametime graphs came out and proved them wrong, they STILL shilled it for being smoother, simply because the common user wouldn't test it.
Now that zen+ is out they are shilling that as the "smoother experience" and admiting that ryzen 1 had latency issues and yaddayadda...
Wait until zen2 will come out, they will claim it beats intel(like they do about every release) and they will finally admit that zen+ isn't as great as they make it out.
Mark my words this will happen.

Ok Jow Forums tell me what I did wrong. I'm only going to use it for programming, AI training, maybe a little bit of CAD. In my free time I'll play games like the Witcher and DiRT. No meme battle royal 2018 so I don't need 844FPS, just consistant 60.

pcpartpicker.com/user/CoalH/saved/Tzkhqs

Attached: 1535135142932.png (800x600, 10K)

Then why is nobody running benchmarks at "not-quite" max settings?

Looks good.

>everyone I disagree with is a shill
There, do I fit in now? Fuck I can get better discourse on Jow Forums than I can here.

Attached: 1540660067578.jpg (493x490, 42K)

Looking to build a new gayman pc. Don't really care too much about price, since looking to make this relatively futureproof. Not sure if 2080 TI is worth the 700 dollarydoos since my monitor is 1440p 144hz. I've got SSD's and cd drive from current pc that I'll transfer over

au.pcpartpicker.com/list/gshGdX

It's the bot who spams the premiere crashing threads and who mass samefags on /pcbg/, don't mind him.

>le hates both sides centrist
kys

the two people actually asking for advice in the ""computer building"" thread have 0 replies, all posters are talking about ultimate gaymin performance and which color of processor is the best

Attached: 1509144608355.jpg (333x500, 126K)

>bunch of frametime graphs came out
Source?

Not many people want to read your shopping list and double check it for you. Try posting the pcpartpicker link or asking a question on a specific part, or just try again later

>CPU

Intel - Core i7-2600K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor

>CPU Cooler

ARCTIC - Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 45.0 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler

>Motherboard
Asus - P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard

>Memory
G.Skill - Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory

>Storage
Western Digital - Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Seagate - Barracuda 7200.10 160GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

>Case
random atx, cant find model even on the manufacturer's website

>Power Supply
Gigabyte - 550W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply

So I got all this for free, and I want to build a pc for my cousin. what video card should I buy? Or any upgrades that won't cost more than 400 bucks (otherwise i'd buy him a ps4)

thanks

Attached: IMG-20171117-WA0019.jpg (349x333, 32K)

What other brand competitor is there other than AMD then? Untill Intel comes out with a consumer dGPU it's only AMD and you completely want people to discard them as a choice, how does that not make you biased? If your sole response is yet again ad hominem then you prove my point.

Hello fellow Aus user.
Get a better CPU cooler for sure. Either a fuck huge air one, or water cooling.
Also get better RAM, spending $3000 on a PC and having only 2400mhz RAM is nasty. make it at least 3000mhz.
Otherwise pretty good. though you could save a fair bit by waiting for sales on some of these but idk how much that matters to you. but for example i have seen RTX 2080s down to $1050 already in random sales.

Get an SSD and install windows on that instead of the old HDDs, then just go with either a GTX 1060 6gb or an RX 580 8gb. If you are talking america bucks i dont think that should cost you more than $300 for both things.

You're just gonna pay even more for Intel stutterfire garbage LMAO

>Ryzen shills pretend that 1080p gaming does not matter
>only 1440p and 4k
>when both resolutions are a hilarious minority, like 1% for 4k and less than 5% for 1440p on Steam hardware survey
>when Vega shills claimed that "you won't notice" 10-15 frames difference
Kek

only poorfags play at 1080p

>36 posters
>85 posts
>Amd shills literally samefagging and calling none who buys Intel a shill
>Meanwhile Intel is on an alltime high while AMD is falling
How cucked do you have to be lmao.

Attached: 1540717567835.gif (250x209, 1.82M)

Even more funny they can't reach 1440 nor 4K with AMD cards

Attached: 1540055202945.gif (193x200, 2.2M)

>amd shills 1440p
>when they are constantly bent over a barrel by intel/nvidia
no, fucktard. amd are only good for sub-300 dollar CPUs and sub-400 dollar GPUs for people building a 1080p system.

Shill harder rajakesh, the indian Intel HQ will fire lots of people really soon, make your posts count!

Attached: 1540580490676.png (1024x619, 425K)

>>Meanwhile Intel is on an alltime high
In term of prices, you got that right pajcuck

Attached: 1540919607543.png (618x757, 194K)

It's not enough bro you need to shill harder.

Attached: ayy.png (626x568, 40K)

And then out zoom out.

I can't shill shit when I'm talking about prices my good merchant.
You have to see for yourself to realize how much of a cuck you are. But I guess you like your (((premium))) shit at a (((premium))) price and that's ok.

Attached: 1539017732780.png (802x533, 38K)

>you can only buy AMD CPUs since these past two months
>AMD literally has a monopoly across the entire world
>Intel has scarcity with 8th and 9th gen CPUs, the latter is literally another paper launch
>the only Intel you can buy are overpriced ones
>stock went from $34 to $17
>Intel just posted the best quarter of their 50 year history
(lol

If Intel had actual 9900k, 9700k and 8700ks rolling out like free candy they'd reach $50+

indians can't afford i7, see they only buy cheap intel garbage to pretend they're not poor

>cheap intel garbage

No such thing.

you're right, intel and garbage is just redundancy lmao