/fwt/ - Friendly Windows Thread

Welcome to /fwt/ - Friendly Windows Thread.

Users of all levels are welcome to ask questions about Windows and share their experiences.

This is NOT Windows vs any other OS thread.
*** Please be civil, notice the "Friendly" in every Friendly Windows Thread ***

Tell us about tools, utilities, configs, tips and tricks that make your life with Windows (more) bearable (or even pleasant).

Attached: Bill-Gates-Jumping-Over-Chair.gif (350x258, 2.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/proprietary/malware-microsoft.html
github.com/lukesampson/scoop
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Infographic.

Attached: 1540817710491.png (2023x7836, 1.85M)

WOAHOW *claps*

He impressed Connie Chung. Should've smashed it.

Thanks user it's simply perfect. Also for clients who need a basic set up

why do people even activate windows, when I still used Windows 7 one time I just stopped activating it.
Were using it for years without key, it works the same.
There is no need for crack or something like that.

You should add k-lite codec pack onto the list separately, not just as a reminder onder MPC, because the codec pack enabled webm thumbnails under Windows (and other formats used for anime also).

Isn't VSCode already FOSS?

suicide tier programs

Poo pee that is thee,
Pee poo that is you,
One day maybe
Please please please
Won't you learn to use a loo

What does that even mean?

I've been using tinywall for a long time, anyone know know anything about it?

Microsoft binary builds are licensed under a proprietary license, contain telemetry and branding.

No problem, i would use ImageGlasse (FOSS) instead Nomacs as image viewer

TELL ME HOW IM SUPPOSED TO SET MY ANIME BOUNCY BOOBY WALLPAPER HUH HUH HUH????!!1eleven!

I prefer - and recommend - Shark007 myself. I've heard bad things about K-Lite (though mostly in the context of shilling Shark - YMMV).

I always thought those tiny "firewalls for Windows" were just UIs for the Windows firewall we've had since XP.

care to elaborate?

Have you prayed to Bill Gates (swt) today?

BEST MUSIC PLAYER
BEST MUSIC PLAYER
BEST MUSIC PLAYER
BEST MUSIC PLAYER

Attached: MusicBee_400x400.png (400x400, 95K)

I'm looking for a new audio player
Been using music bee for about two years, it's okay but I make no use of the features to organize one's library so a thinner program will suit me better

Attached: 1527722710586.png (377x284, 214K)

There is a layout editing mode in foobar, so you can make it as simple or bloated as you want.

Why would I listen to Jow Forums

You shouldn't. A quarter of those programs are garbage.

What's typical idle RAM usage in Win7?

That highly depends on the amount of RAM Windows 7 has to work with.

Could one make do with 2 gigs in this society?

Not really. You can run Windows 7 with 2 gigabytes of RAM, but the amount of swapping it would do would slow your PC down to a crawl.

Windows is malware, you should stay away from it. gnu.org/proprietary/malware-microsoft.html

3 is the minimum with 7. Modern browser demands will put you over the 2gb mark in no time.

Correct. I have been using Windows 7 in a netbook (2GB of RAM is the maximum) several years ago, and it was passable. But third party software has grown way beyond that, so if I booted up that netbook now, it would be almost unusable.

I'm currently on Lubuntu and I'm managing to get by, but I'm sick of the incompatibilities and want to go back to NT

Hey OP, I want to do some work on the Win10 graphics stack, but I don't work for microsoft. Can you show me where to get started with the windows 10 source code? Surely it would be on github now that microsoft owns it, but I can't seem to find it.

I guess you could try using K-meleon or something. It would probably just amount to a new set of problems though.

Well, you won't be able to with 2GB RAM.

Nah, I'm fine. Currently all my x86 devices have at least 8 gigs.

the new beta version of winamp just came out.

2.95 is all you need.

We are all here to help you, my friend.

github.com/lukesampson/scoop

Not retarded package/installation manager for windows. Like Ninite but better.

How do you lock down LTSB? People talk about editing settings in it, like Group Policy. What are they?

my laptop has insane latency spikes when playing videos and even in google play when playing just audio

you'll actually hear "rrrrr" when it has a buffer underflow (in the sense it runs out of sound to play so it plays the same 0.01s repeatedly like 50 times)

I'm on a Windows 8 laptop, just did some updates and I still have this shit

kinda like chrome and chromium

Did her vagina get wet?

If I pirate Windows 10, will I eventually get a popup asking for subscription fees?

not if you activate it with something.
if you keep it as a trial yes

Where can i download the enterprise iso?

No, KMS is an official offline activation method for enterprises, and that's what these activators emulate.

Can someone recommend me a good .gif viewer for windows 8?

Attached: goober.gif (417x200, 120K)

Where can I get the 10 LTSC iso from?

Honeyview

What happened to the links in OP with guide to obtaining and setting up a win 10?

Common sense

I ran win10 on c2d with 4gigs for half a year. It was meh at best but not much slower than win7 on the same machine. Win10 was of course stripped down to bare bones, basically to LGBT level.

there were never any links in OP in this general