This is what cancer looks like

Prove me wrong. Protip: you can't.

Attached: cancer.png (2630x550, 8K)

You dislike variables?

Not really, I dislike the target directory of this variable and everyone who uses it in their software should seek medical assistance as soon as possible.

Still better than hardcoding english paths to fuck up everyone with different Windows language

so where should they be saving the user preferences and such
in the same directory the software is installed or waht pls tell us sir

Documents

The windows registry is the most cancerous thing in modern computing

Sorry, but I don't know what a "%appdata%" is or does. I'm a *nix guy and I don't let that unholy mixture of DOS and VMS known as Windows anywhere near my perfectly good and working hardware.

Attached: 18c159b208326277019025b0bdaf60e72cc6d069f60fd5ba7f81f117200cce18.gif (511x305, 3.69M)

cancer looks like this actually

Attached: cancer.png (1442x947, 662K)

What do you suggest for a better replacement?

but if not hidden stacy deletes files it does not recognize and screeches like a banshee when stuffs on it's software has changed from last time
>yeaaaaaaaa my files are gone
what's the difference schreeeeeeaaaaammmccchhhhh psss psss im a snek now

Why can't devs just stick to the same fucking install folder? why the fuck would you need to use that shitty windows folder when it makes literally no fucking difference if they simply created a subdirectory in the software install directory?

>implying you need to hardcode when you can simply use the install dir variable

Cleartype is indeed cancer.

Where do you think application data should be stored?

How bad do your organizational skills have to be to think this is a good idea

Base directory of its parent software

Nice argument

sure, let me save those encrypted database files in documents, let's mix the user's trip plans with this

It's a perfectly valid argument. Your rebuttal is the one that fell flat, like the tired cliche it is.

>encrypted database
>user configs and prefs
Laughing at your ability to follow a conversation

Laughing at your life in general, sad little thing

user preferences shouldn't be mixed with random documents

>Laughing at your life in general, sad little thing
Since you've resorted to personal insults, I can only assume my argument came out on top

Youre the one with organisation issues if having a preferences folder is too much for you to keep organised

Aww did I hurt your feelings? Do you want me to kiss you to make up? Perhaps if you werent so dumb you would realise the initial arguement started with an insult in the first place. So sad that after all these years you still can't comprehend how it works.

kill yourself

Storing any preferences in a installdir is as retarded as running everything as admin is.

Storing configuration in documents directory also retarded, because users don't care about that shit and will only create a new "true documents" directory, making it just as retarded.

Separate directory available to app developers by using a system variable is by far the best solution.

Putting user preferences in a user's documents folder is a bad idea and you should feel bad
>Do you want me to kiss you
No, faggot. Take your homoism elsewhere.

Any Linux distro has it figured out ffs

this guy fucks

it's a nice way to hide malware, try it

You mean any Linux distro which has not figured out proper VSync? Or any Linux distro which has not figured out proper power management on notebooks?

I fucking hate when every second piece of shit software makes its own folder in /Documents. Especially when it doesn't use it for anything except as a default save path, but faithfully re-creates it on every launch.

free opensource software grows cancerously in the form of forks / distributions etc (unless it's shit)

>t. grayscale pajeet

access control would be a good reason

Non-Privileged software can't write to C:/Program Files.
That's why UAC pops up when you install or update software
(Well, that and registry access).

How do you support preferences etc for more than one user?