He uses linux on the desktop

>he uses linux on the desktop
you think you're a hacker or something, kid? just pay for a windows license or buy a mac

Attached: 1.png (982x474, 721K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fsf.org/blogs/sysadmin/sonalis-progress-on-the-free-software-directory-weeks-1-2
youtube.com/watch?v=6nGskPedj6s
youtube.com/watch?v=ghTwo5Kvbmo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A hacker is just someone who finds a way to use something in an unconventional way.

ugly gook little peen

ugly pajeet smelly poo

>pajeets use GNU/Linux now
???

const? const. const, const. const const const. if !const const(const){const}:const

Is this a video? Post a link

GNU is already on its way, linux will also be fully pajeet'd soon

fsf.org/blogs/sysadmin/sonalis-progress-on-the-free-software-directory-weeks-1-2

youtube.com/watch?v=6nGskPedj6s
youtube.com/watch?v=ghTwo5Kvbmo

>Linux is free, if you don't value your time.
BASED.

Attached: 1537516868752.jpg (900x900, 108K)

if he values his time why is he spending it on making videos for NPCs about a system that is not forcing them to use it?

> google engineers only use macs.
Yeah sure buddy that is why every month you hear of a new exploit in one of their products

An actual software engineer can make every platform work. Only an incompetent man argues with his tool.

Ad money, you retarded nigger.

of course he can. using windows for software dev makes me want to kill myself. especially if it's a laptop. same with most every other software dev i've talked to. i've left jobs before because they asked me to use windows.

[unzips unix neckbear]
UHM ACKCHUALLY HACKER IS NOT WHAT YOU THINK KIDDO :^)

I hear they got WSL now, you should be able to emulate Linux in windows. IDK about the performance overhead though.
Haven't used windows for the past decade.

can i run an IDE in the emulated linux though? i'm pretty sure it's just a terminal window. kinda pointless unless it's fully integrated with windows.

But I thought real Linux h4xx0rz do all their work with 137 composable command line utilities. Isn't that why your heroes circlejerk about "the Unix philosophy"?

Attached: 1511197235736.png (1456x1108, 67K)

well i was advocating for macs. sure i use lots of command line shit, but if my IDE has different environment variables and shit than my terminal, or i can't even run the code from the IDE, that's not really ideal.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.