The new GIMP interface is absolutely disgusting...

The new GIMP interface is absolutely disgusting. They changed every icon in a way that it is impossible to use it properly because you don't recognize them.

Instead of trying to develop an original app, they are trying to be a Photoshop clone for poor normies. I want to kill them.

Attached: 10872__gimp2-8-5-18.png (1023x643, 189K)

The dark theme is fucking shit. Dark themes in general are for children. I set it back to the light theme with non-retarded icons in the system settings.

>dark themes are for kids
yeah okay user. enjoy your strained eyesight

Attached: laughing-bush.jpg (400x289, 16K)

Dark themes are great for video editing and photo editing.

I've been using computers since the early 90s and have perfect vision. If computers strain your vision you shouldn't be using them.

This. Especially for work at night.

GIMP was always disgusting
If you're working commercially then CC subscription is really cheap, for every other use case just pirate it

Imo it looks a lot cleaner and comfy. Will deffo give it a go later today.

of course theyre bad for you dipshit people use them because theyre fun and entertaining

The new gimp is god tier. What the h*ck are you even talking about?

How weak are your eyes that using a computer causes eye strain? Do you wear glasses?

>They changed every icon in a way that it is impossible to use it properly because you don't recognize them.

Attached: gimp-is-cool.png (1918x803, 124K)

You can also just use the old icons. Op is just retarded.

It was literally always a wannabe photoshop for POOR people you silly goose. You silly Willy billy milly!!!! Silly sally tally!!!!! Silly nilly!!!!!!!! Silly quilly dilly villy!!!! Hellloooo reddit!!!! Shit thread btw

There's literally nothing wrong with going on reddit.

>The new GIMP
Debian doesn't have this problem

But there is something wrong with using gimp

Gimp 2.10 BTFO 2.8

I use gimp all the time.

its great for literally everything. i mostly work audio related stuff and looking at a white screen the whole day is annoying

What’s wrong with you?! 0\_/0

>Gimp 2.10
I know
Debian Stable + GIMP 2.8 + FlatPak + GIMP 2.10
Best of all worlds

can you draw a circle yet?

Just use Affinity software, user

why do they have to put in that retarded face into the UI? makes the app look like a toy
Also there doesn't seem to be any padding at all in the text. It's like every word or number is touching a border, makes it very hard on the eyes

lmfao

>not wearing sunglasses in front of your computer
fucking faggot, do you stare at lightbulbs too?

Is the pepper still safe?

I’m sweaty I tried using blasty blockers but they made the whoooole screen go blacky blop. Like wtf

>freetards in charge of UI design

This is a problem prevalent throughout open source. Programmers do not make good UX designers or implementers. Lumina desktop (among quite a few others) is a perfect example of this.

No bully please.

>Instead of trying to develop an original app
That's what they were doing in the first place
>they are trying to be a Photoshop clone
That's what everyone asked for and they yielded. It's shit though. And you don't have to use it.

I use Paint.NET

Attached: paint.net 4.1.3.png (1495x1141, 105K)

Based and redpilled

>video and photo editing at night
Eye strain considerations aside, if there's one thing I've learned from working with DTP people it's that light (or lack thereof) around your monitor is absolutely critical for color perception. The dudes I worked with all had the walls behind their monitors (expensive as fuck Eizo CGs) painted neutral grey and uniformly lit with 5000K lamps with autistically picked spectral characteristics.

Not that anyone would ever do anything color-critical in fucking Gimp.

I can draw a circle now or this is too much?

>not using 50mb fully featured photoshop cs3 portable
lol!

Attached: 1510025532453.png (1360x1031, 337K)

Tell me more.

Seems like it's still up. This is from thepiratebay.

Attached: 1522164550847.png (1270x299, 32K)

>thepiratebay
didn't realize they were back up. good on ya.

arc dark

for FF env GTK_THEME=Adwaita

>Unironically executing a program uploaded by a random Pajeet

>uploaded by a random Pajeet
How do you know, is he your father?

Low quality shitpost

/thread

absolutely disgusting

Attached: 1498609244242.jpg (500x646, 55K)

it always could

get uvex

Can we all agree that OP is a fucking faggot?

Attached: OP is a faggot.gif (405x228, 498K)

>not using krita

Attached: f81a872238428fa32ab4ee6398725dcd1675bf75da87e289689ba7ee60ea79c7.png (224x225, 6K)

I use it for simple image manipulations. It sucks that it starts so slow cause .NET. Wanna change to something faster.

Hey faggot you cam change the icons in options

GIMP is the ultimate brainlet filter.

Yeah, startup could be faster.

preferences > legacy icons

Attached: 1339550542650.png (125x125, 3K)